Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

Arc, Soulrend, Molten Strike, Shattering Steel, Lancing Steel, Venom Gyre and more have been buffed. This is a buff.

Thank you.

Thank you for being so detailed and meticulous. I guess you can’t please everyone! We all knew the Necro nerf was coming, first time Shaper and Elder kill.

Let’s go 3.9.
R.I.P 2 Handed Melee Weapons
R.I.P Melee
monkaS
A reaper arise.
RIP all, except shitty bows
"
GGG
the ranger is the most difficult character to play because he s weak.
since 7 years im playing i saw you nerfed most of all the good mechanics and items that helps ranger to survive.
and now in 3.9 you want us to play all the bow fire skills....bow fire skills are pretty shitty....need better improvement .
every time there s something that work with ranger it s nerfed ( point blank ,tornado shot,scourge arrow , toxic rain ,reach of council,etc....)

GGG I LOVE YOUR GAME IM PLAYING IT SINCE 2013 BUT IF YOU NERF EVERITHING IN POE THAT GIVE US PLEASURE WE GONNA GO TO PLAY DIABLO 4.HOPE YOU ANDERSTAND ME.

LUL
Tornado shot was incredibly oppressive and its nerf is solely to let other skills be top for once. Bow characters are pretty strong, have very good clear and most of them have really big evasion numbers and dodge chance. Remember the video of someone doing Uber Elder at Level 28 with legacy abyss jewels and mirage archer? Nerfs are needed if things are too strong and you had so many leagues with tornado shot being brokenly strong. Please understand that a game without changing meta will become stale for most of the players and change is good.
Fire bow skills were bad THAT'S WHY THEY'RE GETTING REWORKED/BUFFED.
If you don't want to accept that the BEST builds get shuffled around every league and that even your build has to be balanced at some point in time, then I'm sorry for you and good luck with D4
"Balance"? Balance in this game is a running joke at this point. All you do is nerf one meta so players switch to another meta.

"Balance" would be buffing the hell out of bosses and buffing ALL of the skills in the game to match the others, not just nerfing whichever meta you've caused players to flock to that month.

And after you've nerfed something to the ground, you just buff the hell out of it a few months later and pretend it's all "fresh" and "new".

And this is on top of the predatory monetization scheme you've got going. Every league introduces boatloads of new currency that doesn't stack just so people will buy more tabs.

Again, and again, and again. And this community still sings your praises.

In other news, streamers should showcase how this game really plays. 4 tabs only, no trading, no glams. Have fun. o7
"
bouboubibi wrote:

"Good enough", maybe...
Nowhere near as good as it was before, that's for sure.

No, it'll be really close.

"
bouboubibi wrote:

An other aspect about this change is the impact on the economy. Since the good old alt-regal-annul is pretty much dead, it's clear that chaos spam will be widely used as a crafting method from now on.
I expect chaos prices going through the roof, and alts prices going down the drain.
Not sure what to think of it though...

That's an interesting point. This could, in turn, end up driving the cost of exalteds down relative to chaos. Something to keep an eye on.
So much QQ its unreal...

Adapt to the changes and have fun as GGG intends it,
if you can't or this game model doesn't suit you then simply walk away.

Great balancing manifesto , waiting for the actual numbers.
Good luck to everyone in 3.9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info