BUILD OUT OF COMMISSION....NO LONGER VIABLE DUE TO IDIOTIC CHANGE TO IRON REFLEXES

"
calinor wrote:
I just finished Act 1 normal (not very far I know) and so far, poison arrow seems to be doing more damage than lightning arrow for AoE and I am using burning arrow for bosses. When do you find it best to switch to lightning arrow?

I dont usually start using LA until about level 40
I used your build as one of my examples in this thread:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/272073

Hope u dont mind!
Why do people spec blood magic instead of just using the support gem? I feel like being able to run purity, haste and determination while losing 1 slot in your link for blood magic is much better.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAnEEswx9Dq0QfxRNFHUVIBcdGS4ZhRm0GjgdFCSqJ-0ppSpNLOkyfjKJNuk64TwtPydKfVBQVElVxlb6V-JYY1nzXz9fqmOnZp5noGe9bBZs9m6qcqlz4XRBd-V6uHzZguSD24d2iPGMz41-j0aQEZBVmy2boaIAplenCKeErKquk7Xytz63triTud2-p8AaxPbGnsauxtjK082YznHPZdDQ1I_dDd1G3sbjaudS52PqYuw47m_vDvAf8i_yRfPd9kj3iPqx-tL8S_xO_MX-Cg==

Anyways that is what my build looks like at 84 currently. Use the covenant to run wrath, anger and grace along with the other 3 auras.
And is frenzy better than elemental hit? I have been using elemental hit for single target dps but never really tried frenzy.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Quality Reduced Mana doesn't affect Auras/Reserved Life/Mana. At least according to Wiki.
IGN: Zeldoon - 88 Duelist
Archdoon - 66 Ranger

Selling All the equipment on my 88Duelist
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/308598
"
Mattumsfox wrote:
Why do people spec blood magic instead of just using the support gem? I feel like being able to run purity, haste and determination while losing 1 slot in your link for blood magic is much better.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAnEEswx9Dq0QfxRNFHUVIBcdGS4ZhRm0GjgdFCSqJ-0ppSpNLOkyfjKJNuk64TwtPydKfVBQVElVxlb6V-JYY1nzXz9fqmOnZp5noGe9bBZs9m6qcqlz4XRBd-V6uHzZguSD24d2iPGMz41-j0aQEZBVmy2boaIAplenCKeErKquk7Xytz63triTud2-p8AaxPbGnsauxtjK082YznHPZdDQ1I_dDd1G3sbjaudS52PqYuw47m_vDvAf8i_yRfPd9kj3iPqx-tL8S_xO_MX-Cg==

Anyways that is what my build looks like at 84 currently. Use the covenant to run wrath, anger and grace along with the other 3 auras.
And is frenzy better than elemental hit? I have been using elemental hit for single target dps but never really tried frenzy.

I have no idea on your question as I've only made it up to level 30 on a Marauder, and just made it to level 16 with my duelist following Athea's build last night. One question on using elemental hit and your spec. Would you want to add EE, since you go right past it, given that the added elemental damage is random on each hit? Seems there would be a 1/3 chance to hit again with the same element (with +25% resistance) but a 2/3 chance to hit with a different element (at -50% resistance)?
Last edited by calinor on Mar 19, 2013, 11:19:26 AM
"
AthenaUS wrote:
You dont need resolute with Lionseye :)
True, though with it being only 2 points out of the way no matter how you build your passives, it is worth getting until you get a Lionseye (had no clue about this bow....had to search to figure out exactly what it was :P).

What's your take on the 2x 15% fire passives you get....do they pick up the slack in resist you get from gear or is it just a more efficient way to get to diamond skin?
~IGN: Nagisan
I see a small tweak which would help the build. You can remove one of the 8% life nodes near Discipline and Training and the other 8% node near Divine Toughness at the top to add the two 12% life nodes near Bloodless.
Last edited by calinor on Mar 19, 2013, 10:43:26 AM
"
Nagisan wrote:
"
AthenaUS wrote:
You dont need resolute with Lionseye :)
True, though with it being only 2 points out of the way no matter how you build your passives, it is worth getting until you get a Lionseye (had no clue about this bow....had to search to figure out exactly what it was :P).

What's your take on the 2x 15% fire passives you get....do they pick up the slack in resist you get from gear or is it just a more efficient way to get to diamond skin?

you can go with either or, I choose fire cause I never find fire resist gear, but if you got tons, you can pick up the 2 cold or 2 lightning instead.

Thats completly optional
"
calinor wrote:
"
Mattumsfox wrote:
Spoiler

I have no idea on your question as I've only made it up to level 30 on a Marauder, and just made it to level 16 with my duelist following Athea's build last night. One question on using elemental hit and your spec. Would you want to add EE, since you go right past it, given that the added elemental damage is random on each hit? Seems there would be a 1/3 chance to hit again with the same element (with +25% resistance) but a 2/3 chance to hit with a different element (at -50% resistance)?

I have 2 bows, 1 for LA and 1 for ele hit. I only use ele hit for single targets like bosses or rares so it would be bad for LA.
I just started yesterday and I plan on following this build (mostly because it's the only tank archer build I saw) >_>. Let's see how I turn out. Thanks for posting! (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info