Please GGG Keep the same boss design for PoE 2

It's one of the unique and strong points that PoE has over any other Arpg.

Malachai is awesome
Innocence is the most epic fight I ever had in an ARPG
Kitava is awesome and epic
Lunaris and Solaris are just beatiful!
Tsoagoth is not so great but still cool
ACT 10 Kitava is awesome too

They are all frustrating for some people because they aren't pure gear checks(thanks god!). You need to learn the fight, position and strike when you have a window

And this is what is refreshing about a lot of PoE bosses, they make you really play the game instead of holding left click.

Off topic:

The labyrinth was also reeeealy innovative and has a very smart design, love it!
Please make something like it for PoE 2 if you can!

That's it, thank you!!
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2019, 2:33:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Not a big fan of Kitava-like bosses, where the boss is so big that only part of his body is represented and he does not move anything else, it feels ..... not super immersive, I don't know.

Tsoagoth is pretty horsecrap imo, basically the only difficulty is being able to see through the graphical vomit that the area becomes with the overlapping effects.

About the other fights you mentioned though, I agree.
I like Arakaali too.
And agree about the lab too :).

There is only one problem though : players have too much dps, and GGG has to put phases so that bosses are not completely meaningless.
At the end, it's people's work being (partly) wasted again by the balance team.
It's crazy when you think about it, one part of the machine, on single gear at GGG (the team in charge of the balance and designing items/gems/etc ...) and the whole thing is heavily impacted, and not in a good way.

/sad
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 20, 2019, 10:53:44 PM
no love for act 8 doedre ?
that fight is amazing when you don't have enough dps, like in tough private leagues

in projectpts league doedre is basically the toughest boss while leveling.

I actually don't mind Catarina fight, but its still a visual clutter, just like malachai fight. too much green on green.

out of newer bosses, cortes boss and delve bosses are really well made Imo
that fight is amazing when you don't have enough dps, like in tough private leagues

I actually don't mind Catarina fight, but its still a visual clutter, just like malachai fight. too much green on green.

Bosses are fine.... but... GET RID OF THE ARENAS!
Well this defeats the point of having a new campaign set several years after Kitava has been defeated though.
They are not replacing the current campaign with PoE 2 campaign, from what I know they are run independently and then join up for mapping (You choose either to take a character through PoE 1 campaign or PoE 2 campaign).
Bosses with multiple phases, so all your buffs fall off?

Bosses, that keep attacking you due to queued up animations, when they should just transition in next phase?

Bosses with just adds for phase?

Bosses, that take 10 solid minutes, regardless of your dps?

Hell yeah, awesome design indeed, could use more of those.
"
grepman wrote:

You mean the cauldron fight? Dunno why but I didn't like it very much..

I didn't fight a lot of bosses yet like shaper/elder or cortex (I'm getting there though, lvl 86 char...)

Yeah, some bosses have too much clutter and small arenas that means trouble for not so tanky builds.

But I prefer that than the boring hold left click bosses that a lot of arpgs have.

Now that you mention Doedre, I forgot to mention act 9 Doedre and Shavronne which were also really well designed.

"
Fruz wrote:

There is only one problem though : players have too much dps, and GGG has to put phases so that bosses are not completely meaningless.
At the end, it's people's work being (partly) wasted again by the balance team.
It's crazy when you think about it, one part of the machine, on single gear at GGG (the team in charge of the balance and designing items/gems/etc ...) and the whole thing is heavily impacted, and not in a good way.

/sad

I think that happens because there is a very large gap between a common build and a top build and, in the way that PoE implements it's systems, it seems hard to balance.
Last edited by Gordyne on Nov 21, 2019, 10:09:51 AM
"
Gordyne wrote:
I think that happens because there is a very large gap between a common build and a top build and, in the way that PoE implements it's systems, it seems hard to balance.

It happens because GGG has not been doing anything (significant) about power creep.

It's not that it's difficult, it's that they're barely trying to do anything about it to begin with.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 21, 2019, 7:32:38 PM
Pointless. They design bosses then they introduce a shitton of powercreep and they all die from a fart. 99% of the bosses in game don’t even do half of their mechanics coz they die too fast. Some of them don’t even finish their animation before taking them down.
They maybe are good at designing bosses but certainly suck at designing their game
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Nov 21, 2019, 1:00:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info