[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

"
zjazd wrote:
"

Don't you forget the 6l CoC Setup regarding his question? Having 8-9 APS is really bad for the single CoC Spell on the 6l.

But you could ofc just fix this with a second spell within the 6l. At least as long as your APS is that bad.
Ye he has basically 2L in cospri's and only juiced 6L this will be dps loss for sure.

I'd answer no, but the real answer is yes.

As we only have one skill, the ideal APS would be 7.5, so we're going way over our APS needed for the COC setup. For this, we mainly focus on the APS needed for the Cospris, so yes, it's quite of a waste.

By getting 15 APS for a 7.5 casts per second setup, we indeed waste one cast every two attacks. This can still be ok if you consider the chest setup is a bonus for the build, as Wave of Conviction reduces resistances, and that once the cooldown is recovered, there's an incoming attack to proc it again (as long as we don't go over 15 APS).

Still, you could make a better use of COC setup by placing another spell (an option is another Ice Nova, as it won't share cooldown with Cospri gem). The main problem is: what gem to remove?
- Cyclone, COC and Wave of Conviction aren't possibilities
- Fortify is crucial for our survivability - 20% less damage taken from hits is too strong, so we would need another source, like movement setup, but it's annoying to stop spinning to reapply the buff
- Inc Crit Strikes is highly recommended for procs - it's quite hard to compensate on other sources, as it gives a huge amount of crit chance and base critical strike chance too - it's way too important for Cyclone crit chance
- Faster Attacks is almost a must-have to achieve APS - it would be really hard to compensate its increased attack speed with other sources, even if we don't count on 20% quality

If you really want to place a second spell on the 6link to use procs to its maximum, I'd recommend to remove Fortify. It would make you squishier, but at least you wouldn't have problems with crit or APS. But remember: by losing its 20% less damage from hits, you'll basically take 25% more damage than you would with Fortify!
"
Chesco wrote:
"
zjazd wrote:
"

Don't you forget the 6l CoC Setup regarding his question? Having 8-9 APS is really bad for the single CoC Spell on the 6l.

But you could ofc just fix this with a second spell within the 6l. At least as long as your APS is that bad.
Ye he has basically 2L in cospri's and only juiced 6L this will be dps loss for sure.

I'd answer no, but the real answer is yes.

As we only have one skill, the ideal APS would be 7.5, so we're going way over our APS needed for the COC setup. For this, we mainly focus on the APS needed for the Cospris, so yes, it's quite of a waste.

By getting 15 APS for a 7.5 casts per second setup, we indeed waste one cast every two attacks. This can still be ok if you consider the chest setup is a bonus for the build, as Wave of Conviction reduces resistances, and that once the cooldown is recovered, there's an incoming attack to proc it again (as long as we don't go over 15 APS).

Still, you could make a better use of COC setup by placing another spell (an option is another Ice Nova, as it won't share cooldown with Cospri gem). The main problem is: what gem to remove?
- Cyclone, COC and Wave of Conviction aren't possibilities
- Fortify is crucial for our survivability - 20% less damage taken from hits is too strong, so we would need another source, like movement setup, but it's annoying to stop spinning to reapply the buff
- Inc Crit Strikes is highly recommended for procs - it's quite hard to compensate on other sources, as it gives a huge amount of crit chance and base critical strike chance too - it's way too important for Cyclone crit chance
- Faster Attacks is almost a must-have to achieve APS - it would be really hard to compensate its increased attack speed with other sources, even if we don't count on 20% quality

If you really want to place a second spell on the 6link to use procs to its maximum, I'd recommend to remove Fortify. It would make you squishier, but at least you wouldn't have problems with crit or APS. But remember: by losing its 20% less damage from hits, you'll basically take 25% more damage than you would with Fortify!

Im talking about Jexx question he is playing cold version, all his dmg right now is 6L nova and 8-9aps will ruin his 6l proc rate, his dmg from cospri's for now is small in comparasion he has utility gems there still.
A quick question guys, where are we looking for Cyclone APS? The character sheet or in PoB?

Cuz in my character sheet when I'm fighting and fully buffed it never goes above 14.49 aps but when I'm looking in PoB it says 15.8 so basically I just want to know if I need more AS or need to drop some :)
Thanks in advance :D

Edit:
It was just my dumb ass that had copied the config from another guys PoB that was using boots with tailwind on crit, stupid me confused it with elusive and checked it without thinking :P
Last edited by Tonkan92 on Jan 16, 2020, 5:53:55 PM
can i get cooldown recovery on belt and boots?
Only thing I miss right now is some more tankiness, I'm getting one shot randomly a little too much, maybe it's my chaos res. Is there better way to generate endurance charges than endurance charge on melee stun? Feeling squishy in boss fights.
thanks for the build. did all content with it and at 5.4kish hp survivability wasn't an issue

selling all my gear if anyone is interested. not selling by piece only in bulk. 1.7 mirror for everything.

"
can i get cooldown recovery on belt and boots?

You obviously can but from what I understood - It's not worth investments
About APS, one more time.

I used to use Cospri + shield and I was at safe 7.38 APS (14% CDR of course, from the belt). Then I switched to double Cospiri setup and my APS went to over 8, too much.

I dropped Starkonja's Head for a rare helmet without IAS, but with two +14% IAS Cospris I am at 7.52 APS - probably the worst case scenario, slighty above the safe threshold (for 14% CDR).

I intend to replace one Cospri with a slower one (+12% IAS), but here is the question:

With such a setup (+14%/+12%) PoB shows me:
Global attack rate - 7.45 = OK, but...
MainHand attack speed - 7.52
Offhand attack speed - 7.39
Attacks per second - (7.52 + 7.39) / 2 = 7.45.

Is it OK? Is the average APS from both weapons is what matters for Cyclone, or do I need to replace both my Cospris with +13% IAS ones, so that both of then separately actually go below 7.50 APS (7.48 APS according to PoB)?
Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on Jan 16, 2020, 6:43:38 PM
https://pastebin.com/HBjmhq8V

I did some item changes. Some people on the discord said I should only have 7.5 APS, but I feel like that was a mistake?

I'm playing the ice version, idk if I should just flat out switch to this build. What changes should I do?
"
About APS, one more time.

I used to use Cospri + shield and I was at safe 7.38 APS (14% CDR of course, from the belt). Then I switched to double Cospiri setup and my APS went to over 8, too much.

I dropped Starkonja's Head for a rare helmet without IAS, but with two +14% IAS Cospris I am at 7.52 APS - probably the worst case scenario, slighty above the safe threshold (for 14% CDR).

I intend to replace one Cospri with a slower one (+12% IAS), but here is the question:

With such a setup (+14%/+12%) PoB shows me:
Global attack rate - 7.45 = OK, but...
MainHand attack speed - 7.52
Offhand attack speed - 7.39
Attacks per second - (7.52 + 7.39) / 2 = 7.45.

Is it OK? Is the average APS from both weapons is what matters for Cyclone, or do I need to replace both my Cospris with +13% IAS ones, so that both of then separately actually go below 7.50 APS (7.48 APS according to PoB)?

The cut off point is actually 7.57. People generally round down to 7.5 to be on the safe side to help account for any server side lag and whatnot.

You should be fine at your 7.52 you originally mentioned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info