[3.11] Melting Nova | 16m DPS, 6k life, acro/phase | Deathless Sirus A8

"
Bentic wrote:
Hi,

from this guide which mentioned your guide the target APS is 15.14:

https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/

"
Dual-wielding Malices is another case that needs to be treated carefully. Cyclone alternates between your weapons when you dual-wield. This means if you attack at 15.14ApS while dual-wielding, each Malice will hit 7.57 times per second, which is the maximum for a single skill. You can support full-speed casts of two different skills by dual-wielding Malices and attacking at that doubled speed. The prime example of this is placing Frostbolt in one Malice and Ice Nova in the other. The Malices alternate and cast both of those 7.57 times per second.

Put those both together, and you can put Frostbolt in one Malice, Ice Nova in the other Malice, and put Frostbolt and Ice Nova in your CoC setup, and trigger all four of those spells at the maximum possible rate if you attack quickly!

So do we have to reach as close as possible over 15.14 aps?

That's kinda right. The numbers I've put on the guide are kind of friendly values, as I didn't want to go deep into those calculations and in-game testing for a build topic (although I've tried to made a pretty deep explanation about many points). Let me explain.

As stated earlier, 14% cooldown recovery speed brings us to a 132ms cooldown, or one casts every 0.132s. If you divide 1s by 0.132, you get a result of 0.757575... This value should be the real maximum amount of casts per second we can get for each skill. As we're dual Cospri, multiplying this value by 2 gets us a total of 15.151515, which should be the real APS cap.

My real doubt about this point is the following. We also stated earlier that we have frames of 33ms each. If we try to fit them into one second, we get 30 frames (990ms), not getting exactly one second (curiosity: 0.99s divided by 0.132 is exactly 7.5 - that's where our attack speed come from).

Long story short: our cap depends on how the server treats one second. If the server treats one second as 30 frames, then our cap is 0.99 (time of 30 frames)/0.132=7.5. If the server treats one second without fitting it to 30 frames (as it is really a bit more than 30), then our cap is 1/0.132=0.757575...

As I'm not sure, I prefer to recommend 15APS. It's a friendlier value for players who don't want to get to math, it's really close to 7.5757 (7.5/7.5757...=0.99, so close that we wouldn't feel much difference between them), and avoids any problems about going over the cap (if the server treats 1s as 30 frames, 7.57 would be over the cap and that would mean a damage loss).
"
Milanfan wrote:
Dont get me wrong i also changed from cold to your build :) The only downside is that getting the corruption on the amulet will be huge pain and i dont find any for sale. Most people are waiting for the new league and noone is selling stuff right now but the build is great :)

Is the cooldown reduction on the belt helping a lot for the DPS?

Having 14% cooldown recovery speed is essential for the damage. With it, we go from 6 casts per second to 7.5, basically 16.6% more damage.

I recommended to get it on belt because it's a lot cheaper on belts than on boots (or at least if you consider a good one with health, 30% movement speed and resistances). If you consider the best setup, it would probably be cooldown recovery speed on boots, combined with a Stygian Belt with +#% cold damage (plus an abyssal jewel).

About the corruption, you can put Life Leech Support linked to your Ice Nova until you get one. As league passes by, people just leave the game, so sadly it gets harder as time passes. :/
Last edited by Chesco on Dec 4, 2019, 6:14:55 PM
you can also get the corruption on the helmet if you choose that way also... i gave up tying the ammy lol
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
you can also get the corruption on the helmet if you choose that way also... i gave up tying the ammy lol

Thanks a lot for the advice it seems much easier and cheaper to get it on the Helmet.
Hello,

First of all, thank you for the guide, it's very well written, concised and to the point. I have always wanted to play a Fire based CoC build and this looks pretty good.

I have a couple of question though:

1/ You have onslaught ticked in your PoB but I don't see anywhere you can generate Onslaught at all. I looked at all of your youtube videos and none of them have onslaught activated.

2/ You have enemy is shocked in PoB. If I may refer to this post from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/dcppmr/to_all_forum_build_contributors_please_dont_tick/, you shouldn't do this with skitter bots because they only increase damage by 20% and not 50% like regular shock. Instead you should do "Enemies Taunted by you take x% increased Damage" and then tick that the enemy is Taunted. to properly simulate the increased damage from skitter bots.
Hi OP, thanks a lot for the excellent guide. I have just got my hands on the dual Cospri's but I have a quick question (probably naive one too): how do you do your DPS calculation for the ice nova and frostbolt please? I saw in your OP you did say "Frostbolt: 346244.3 * 7.5 = 2596832.25
Ice Nova: 261072.5 * 2 * 7.5 = 3916087.5"
However what I see based on screen tip is just around 20k, far from what you said above "346244.3". Am I missing something here?

Again this is a very simple question so please pardon me!
"
nmk12345 wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thank you for the guide, it's very well written, concised and to the point. I have always wanted to play a Fire based CoC build and this looks pretty good.

I have a couple of question though:

1/ You have onslaught ticked in your PoB but I don't see anywhere you can generate Onslaught at all. I looked at all of your youtube videos and none of them have onslaught activated.

2/ You have enemy is shocked in PoB. If I may refer to this post from reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/dcppmr/to_all_forum_build_contributors_please_dont_tick/, you shouldn't do this with skitter bots because they only increase damage by 20% and not 50% like regular shock. Instead you should do "Enemies Taunted by you take x% increased Damage" and then tick that the enemy is Taunted. to properly simulate the increased damage from skitter bots.

Onslaught is active to simulate Mistwalker effect, as POB didn't seem to increase it with Mistwalker alone.

About the shock thing, I really didn't search about it. It would be quite a mess to correct DPS on many sections, so I'll try to correct it later, probably when new league begins. Even though, Skitterbots is still a good option because of the chills (as we benefit with Cospri and chills makes stuff quite safer), besides the lower shock, of course. :)

Thanks for the comment!
"
shadowfaxpku wrote:
Hi OP, thanks a lot for the excellent guide. I have just got my hands on the dual Cospri's but I have a quick question (probably naive one too): how do you do your DPS calculation for the ice nova and frostbolt please? I saw in your OP you did say "Frostbolt: 346244.3 * 7.5 = 2596832.25
Ice Nova: 261072.5 * 2 * 7.5 = 3916087.5"
However what I see based on screen tip is just around 20k, far from what you said above "346244.3". Am I missing something here?

Again this is a very simple question so please pardon me!

With 14% cooldown recovery speed, we can get up to 7.5 casts per second. With a APS cap of 15 attacks per second, we hit with each Cospri once every 7.5s and then proc 7.5 times every second.

For our first Cospri, Frostbolt is casted 7.5 times per second, so we multiply its damage times 7.5
For our second COspri, Ice Nova is casted 7.5 times per second, so we also multiply its damage times 7.5. But we also cast Ice Nova on a Frostbolt we just casted, so it deals damage twice. Thus, we multiply by 2.

Tooltip DPS isn't quite accurate for us because we don't focus on stacking pure damage. For example, we stack some fire penetration (eg. on Wise Oak, Combustion), and those values are not included in the tooltip. The damage presented on POB is our buffed damage while in combat, with charges, Arcane Surge, flasks up and so on.

Don't be sorry to ask. Feel free anytime! :3
Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide :)

Is the thread going to be updated after patch notes tomorrow/before 3.9?
"
Makos333 wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for the guide :)

Is the thread going to be updated after patch notes tomorrow/before 3.9?

Yeah, I intend to update it for 3.9. There's also a point to fix regarding the shock effect from Skitterbots, just a few posts earlier.
It may take some time, though, depending on how much free time I'll have until Friday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info