[3.12] "Digital vibrance" Budget Impale Crit flicker champion - fast map farmer

"
Kacsa1 wrote:
"
IllyaEniz wrote:
"
IllyaEniz wrote:
I am not able to see your final POB ><"

could see fine now. a very fun build thanks! the sad thing is... ps4 cannot handle teleporting ard... T_T

Yeah, I probably should add 'not as fun to play on weak PCs or console' to the negatives. That's flicker strike...

I found out a way to play on console, instead of Leaping around, i used Flame Dash instead. It works fine with me fast dashing around for a few times.
I finally had some time to look into the cluster jewels. In short, I don't recommend it.

You can squeeze out probably an extra 200k DPS, but most likely you'll lose 150-200 HP in exchange (at least that's about the best I got). Considering that a good bunch of cluster jewels will cost you a few ex, I'd recommend sticking to the old days. If you have more currency, there are much better flicker builds in the wild.

P.S.
I added the community PoB fork into the original post, which supports impale.
Situation looks quite bad, looks like we're dropping from close to 5M impale DPS to 4.3ish. The one good news is that we gained an extra passive skill. Will update the guide when the official PoB is updated.
Look forward for update :)
I updated the build with a bunch of new stuff. Read the updates for more info. Don't get me wrong, this was a big nerf, we lost about 10% of our damage, but at least it didn't completely die.

I urge everyone to use the community fork of PoB, it shows how much more this build can do, than you'd expect for a low budget.

Edit:
The community fork was updated, and now with the small adjustments I think we might actually finish with no damage lost. So I guess the build is still fine.
Last edited by Kacsa1 on Jun 22, 2020, 3:07:07 PM
Okay. so I was fiddling with this build since it was fun and thought why not substitute the Voice of the storm with Carnage Heart and unlink the Bloodrage so it can be activated manually for higher Damage since Bloodrage can be infinitely active if we want to and anoint it with Tribal Fury for extra help in map clearing, although I'm a bit skeptical with the loss of the Crit chance from the voice of the storm and don't wanna spend yet to buy carnage heart and oils for the anointment, so would this setup be feasible?? what do you think?
"
Slurpingloots wrote:
Okay. so I was fiddling with this build since it was fun and thought why not substitute the Voice of the storm with Carnage Heart and unlink the Bloodrage so it can be activated manually for higher Damage since Bloodrage can be infinitely active if we want to and anoint it with Tribal Fury for extra help in map clearing, although I'm a bit skeptical with the loss of the Crit chance from the voice of the storm and don't wanna spend yet to buy carnage heart and oils for the anointment, so would this setup be feasible?? what do you think?

As I said in the start, this is not an optimized build, it was made to be cheap and reliable under any circumstances.

I don't have exact numbers, but I'll say that you can run a terminus est based flicker build with 50% crit chance without any worries. (I did a delve without assasin's mark on my current character which that way has about 61% and it was smooth even on single targets and it doesn't have blood rage at all).

Generally, if you have a frenzy skill to ramp up your charges (that's why I have a frenzy skill gem), maintaining them is easy.

As for Tribal Fury, I think there are better picks. With melee splash there's plenty of AoE to clear maps fast, and if you want to drop the gemswap entirely, you would probably have to invest more into AoE and lose DPS that way. I used to hate gemswaps too, but you can get used to it pretty fast (I just have it in the top right of my inventory and have the splash in the first/last slot in the sword/armor so it's a .5 second action).
I'd rather pick Disemboweling for more DPS (that also gets you some crit chance back), or pick up the last frenzy charge from the tree, and get used to the gemswap for bosses if it's necessary.
HI i have a question can i use strankoja helmet or rat's nest over abyssus?
"
BlackCerp wrote:

Sorry for late answer.
Sure you can, if you feel that you're too squishy, but Abyssus gives the most damage out of every item to your build. Since I don't mind dying a couple times in a day's play, I'd go for more damage, especially since we have reasonable defenses already.

According to this PoB
Spoiler

you'd lose ~1.3M DPS (1.2 for Rat's nest), and also don't forget that abyssus gives you 20+ to all attributes, so you'll need to find intelligence somewhere else for both blasphemy and increased critical strikes supports, otherwise they will be stuck on lvl 16-17 even on a max roll amulet.

In general, I think the abyssus has too many upsides, compared to just 1 negative, that is taking more damage.

Alternatively, you can make some modifications on the skill tree:
You could remove the Honed Edge 4 skill points, and add Graceful assault next to it. This way, you barely lose damage, but gain 6k extra armor, which is big, especially against bigger hits.

You could also switch the right side jewel with a very large ring Thread of hope, so you can pick up Brutal blade, Heart of Oak, and Revenge of the hunted for some extra armor and ~200 Health. Resistances should be easy to fix, I didn't plan on high rolls on the build anyway. Downside to this is that they do cost around 0.5ex.
"
Kacsa1 wrote:
"
BlackCerp wrote:

Sorry for late answer.
Sure you can, if you feel that you're too squishy, but Abyssus gives the most damage out of every item to your build. Since I don't mind dying a couple times in a day's play, I'd go for more damage, especially since we have reasonable defenses already.

According to this PoB
Spoiler

you'd lose ~1.3M DPS (1.2 for Rat's nest), and also don't forget that abyssus gives you 20+ to all attributes, so you'll need to find intelligence somewhere else for both blasphemy and increased critical strikes supports, otherwise they will be stuck on lvl 16-17 even on a max roll amulet.

In general, I think the abyssus has too many upsides, compared to just 1 negative, that is taking more damage.

Alternatively, you can make some modifications on the skill tree:
You could remove the Honed Edge 4 skill points, and add Graceful assault next to it. This way, you barely lose damage, but gain 6k extra armor, which is big, especially against bigger hits.

You could also switch the right side jewel with a very large ring Thread of hope, so you can pick up Brutal blade, Heart of Oak, and Revenge of the hunted for some extra armor and ~200 Health. Resistances should be easy to fix, I didn't plan on high rolls on the build anyway. Downside to this is that they do cost around 0.5ex.

Okey right now i am only lvl 78 and can solo maps t12 with 8k dmg but idk if my build is optimizaed i find a good abyssuss but i think i need more dmg idk if i need to switch nodes to dmg or have all in life(idk how to link my gear) (sorry for my bad english i speak spanish)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info