Suggestions Good Games 2019 & Beyond

I signed in just to show my disgust at not finding a single fallout or mass effect enjoyable.

*shakes head*

I wouldn't touch fallout 76, but 1,2,3,4 and even Tactics are memorable.

Mass Effect 1 played entirely different from 2 and 3, and the main reason to play 1 is to setup a proper save file for import anyway.

As for an old game on gog worth mentioning - Planescape Torment. It's extremely dated, the combat is pretty lame - but if you don't mind reading it's got one of the most memorable storylines ever.

Arcanum of Might and Magick has a far less memorable story line but plays around the concept of tech vs magic and while combat is still wonky its definitely a better experience than Planescape.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

Mass Effect 1 played entirely different from 2 and 3, and the main reason to play 1 is to setup a proper save file for import anyway.

Wait, are you saying 2 and 3 are better? I only played the first one and loved the hell out of it. I heard a ton of bad about them from everyone I know who's played them so I never bothered with them.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

Wait, are you saying 2 and 3 are better? I only played the first one and loved the hell out of it. I heard a ton of bad about them from everyone I know who's played them so I never bothered with them.

WAAAAAAY better.

ME1 tried that infinite ammo concept - 2 and 3 basically retconned that into needing heatsinks to simulate ammo. It essentially allowed them to better balance combat so it was more than endlessly firing to make a shield pop.

2 builds up to a suicide mission and 3 basically shows you what happened after 2 ended. 3's ending initially was so underwhelming they since changed it, but 3's biggest benefit is a fine tuning of that combat introduced in 2.
Yep, totally over league play.
- Monster Hunter World for PC. Got something like 1200hrs in it, and I rarely put that much time into a game. Expansion is coming out in January.

- The Surge 2. The first one wasn't that good but the 2nd one is pretty fun. It's a souls-like ARPG, with exoskeletons, drones, melee weapons, etc. You can drone strike something right before rushing it down with a power armor assisted leaping hulk smash to the face with a hammer. Then you can pick a body part to chop/smash off that has a piece of gear you want, or a weapon. The leaping neck stomp finisher to remove a helmet is one of my favorites.

- Cyberpunk 2077 - definitely keeping tabs on this.

- Mount and Blade: Bannerlord. We finally got a release date, and it's next march.

- Nioh 2, I played the PS4 beta and enjoyed it. Comes out sometime in 2020.

@OP

If you liked Pillars of Eternity try Tyranny, very gripping story from the same game developers. One of my favorites in recent years.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
Necromael wrote:
From what I played recently, disco elysium was a refreshment, others have already suggested games that I would otherwise.

My mates and I really ought to try this. It sounds actually fun and different

"
- Mount and Blade: Bannerlord. We finally got a release date, and it's next march.

Mount and Blade continues to be the sort of mindless fun you can do with a cat on your lap and 15625 other things going on.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Nov 10, 2019, 1:59:15 PM
Deep Rock Galactic, especially if you've got friends you can play it with.

+1 for Mount and Blade, even Warbands with a good mod (Prophesy of Pendor for me) is a great game.
We tested it extensively
"
Boem wrote:
https://baldursgate3.game/

Humpffsss?

Peace,

-Boem-

Thanks, Boem.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
No mention of the aging yet ever-improving (by mods) Skyrim?

Things to keep an eye out for in particular are:

*The Beyond Skyrim project, still a coupla years out from completion, but well under way, with a successful proof of concept in the release Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, eventually laying our most of Tamriel as a massive expansion to Skyrim.

*Skywind, Morrowind redone in the Skyrium Engine, though still a work in progress.

*Skyblivion (see above).

Given that TESVI is going to be a very long time in coming, anyone who enjoys Skyrim gameplay on PC (these are BIG mods!), or who might like to play it tweaked by smaller QoL mods, could have a lot to look forward to down the road.

There is also Odyssey, the massive sequel to excellent Legacy of the Dragonborn (aka Dragonborn Museum), which is itself a comprehensively engaging mod. Odyssey has a way to go yet, but will likely be released before all of the Beyond Skyrim components.

And now y'all know what I play when I'm not playing PoE. =^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info