Suggestions Good Games 2019 & Beyond

Didn't like anything up till now. Mind you, I am very difficult to please. (Didn't like any Witcher, Fallout, Mass Effect game ... for example)

Metro: Exodus (too railroaded and braindead AI)
The Outer Worlds (juvenile game with poor gameplay)
Rage 2 (seems kinda fun, shooting is 'okish', might one day give it a try)

Games I thoroughly enjoyed:

Spoiler
* Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven
* Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert & Tiberian Sun
* Max Payne
* Neverwinter Nights
* F.E.A.R.
* Dragon Age: Origins
* Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Also golden oldies are welcome too.

P.S.: I might try Mask of the Betrayer but NWN 2 was soo buggy and disappointing.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Nov 3, 2019, 3:56:05 AM
Last bumped on Nov 12, 2019, 11:51:36 PM
I suggest Nioh if you haven't played it, it's incredible if you like dying a lot and tweaking shit. If you have a PS4 the Nioh 2 beta just came out yesterday and it's so fucking fantastic.

I haven't had to try like this at anything in so long, I'm just getting destroyed repeatedly. I'm sure a good portion of that is because I've been ignoring the proceed to tutorial popup every time I die. But if the game stays half as hard as what I'm experiencing it will definitely top the first one.

There's also some really great hair customizing. There's not a lot of options yet, but you can choose different parts for it, set the curliness to different levels, adjust the lengths of everything, position the curliness to create your own waves by changing a bunch of stuff, and color it really well.

It also has some of the smoothest combat I've ever experienced in a game.

I definitely say play the first one if you haven't, and play the second ones beta if you have a PS4, it's going on until the tenth.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Based on your listing of games you thoroughly enjoyed, I would suggest something along the lines of Tyranny (made by Obsidian, who also makes the Pillars series--just played through it again recently myself) or maybe Divinity: Original Sin 2 (1st one was also okay, but 2nd was an improvement in almost every way). Might even want to give Pathfinder: Kingmaker a try. That's one I still need to get back to and finish. There's a lot to like about it, but around launch time it was an almost cruelly unforgiving game.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Based on your listing of games you thoroughly enjoyed, I would suggest something along the lines of Tyranny (made by Obsidian, who also makes the Pillars series--just played through it again recently myself) or maybe Divinity: Original Sin 2 (1st one was also okay, but 2nd was an improvement in almost every way). Might even want to give Pathfinder: Kingmaker a try. That's one I still need to get back to and finish. There's a lot to like about it, but around launch time it was an almost cruelly unforgiving game.

Thanks for posting in this thread. I am aware of all the games you mentioned.

Not interested in Divinity Original Sin. I just can't be bothered with the turn-based combat system. It bores the hell out of me lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzIkKDNETls
I could manage it back in the day with Heroes of Might and Magic but not today anymore.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker was horribly imbalanced when it came to enemy encounters. Maybe it is better now.

And I do have Tyranny in my GOG library.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

Games I thoroughly enjoyed:

Spoiler
* Might and Magic 6: The Mandate of Heaven
* Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
* Command & Conquer: Red Alert & Tiberian Sun
* Max Payne
* Neverwinter Nights
* F.E.A.R.
* Dragon Age: Origins
* Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

These are all great games Dragon Age: Origins is actually that good that I really doubt there will be another game that good ever (in that genre)!
BG2 also was mindblowingly great, that said I still liked torment a little better.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
https://baldursgate3.game/

Humpffsss?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
https://baldursgate3.game/

Humpffsss?

Peace,

-Boem-

BG3 from Larian Studios? HELL YEA!!!
I expect this to become the next big thing BUT it's still far away.....
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
From what I played recently, disco elysium was a refreshment, others have already suggested games that I would otherwise.
Spreading salt since 2006
For a great old-school RTS, try Kohan: Ahriman's Gift.
Sometimes I feel the need to take a break from senseless destruction. When I do, I turn to Cities:Skylines. Very chill way to blow a few hours, as well ass being mostly about being able to plan accordingly so you can do cool stuff later on. There are a ton of add-ons available that let you do even cooler things with your city, but you'll have to get it up and running first irregardless.

Not a hardcore adventure, but some good casual fun for when you need a breather.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info