[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Jenos wrote:
"
No, you're wrong. Welcome to PoE. Enduring Cry's nearby radius is a whopping 60 units - its literally the entire screen. The word nearby in abilities is COMPLETELY ARBITRARY when it comes to determining the range, and you have to look up each ability specifically.

I have searched "Nearby" in the wiki before, and noticed each skill has a different meaning for nearby LOL. Definitely didnt expect warcry to be that big of an aoe.

As always, thanks for all the info.

"
paLe1337 wrote:
Thx Jenos really great answers.

Just some thoughts regarding the discussion.

I tested a lot of Impale SST this league and if you go close combat with point blank anyway, Pride is great. But Malevolence enables a lazier playstyle, which also helps if you run a ton of maps ;)

For the alternate Quality i think i mention some gems on the 3.12 Spoiler.

I must say, i really forgot about Herald of Purity changes in my last build updates. The build was created when Hop was still flat phys to attacks and not that great for bleed. But now with the more multi it's a good alternative i will add in the next update.

My intention for the build was to make SST available to a lot of people. So as already mentionend the 800k dps is really easy to achieve and will carry red maps without problems. I still think if you have a budget of hundreds EX you know your game and can improve the gear yourself with ease.

Otherwise you're always welcome to ask here in the thread or write me a PM with specific questions.

I think your guide is great, thank you for it.
I don't have much to add, other than to let you know that I am really enjoying this build. Thanks both to the OP, and to those who are posting refinements in the comments.

So far it has been great at all phases of play, and I am currently breezing through low level red maps.
In the PoB one of the rings has:

"Curse enemies with level 5 vulnerability on hit"

I have searched for that mod on trade stuff and I cannot find that modifier at all, I see "Curse enemies with Vulnerability on hit with increased effect" but I don't see that modifier on your vuln ring at all on the poetrade site.

Am I missing something?
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
"
darticus wrote:
In the PoB one of the rings has:

"Curse enemies with level 5 vulnerability on hit"

I have searched for that mod on trade stuff and I cannot find that modifier at all, I see "Curse enemies with Vulnerability on hit with increased effect" but I don't see that modifier on your vuln ring at all on the poetrade site.

Am I missing something?

The modifier on rings (and other items) was changed in the 3.12 patch. Functionally, its pretty much the same, don't worry too much about it.

"
PatchNotes wrote:
Items which apply a Curse to an enemy (such as the curse-on-hit Ring modifiers) no longer specify a level, and instead have a set magnitude for their values with a fixed amount of Doom, which is overwritten when another source applies a more potent version (similar to Arcane Surge).

The sources of Vulnerability as an on-hit modifier are basically 3 options: Corrupted Gloves, Synthesized Rings, or as a suffix on Warlord Rings. Practically, you're likely to find the cheapest source of that to be getting a synthesized ring with the implicit, and then crafting the item normally. Harvest is a good budget way to do this, because you can just throw the rings in the dozens of "Reforge item as new item with X modifier" you'll get out of harvests.
Last edited by Jenos on Feb 27, 2021, 12:55:41 AM
I personally think that Divergent Malevolence is a solid upgrade to normal Malevolence.

"
CoalBucket wrote:
I personally think that Divergent Malevolence is a solid upgrade to normal Malevolence.

Yes, only 5% but better than nothing ;)

Just changed my Slayer into a Gladiator and equiped some SST + Bleed stuff. Feels pretty good. Much more pleasant than my impale tries.

Still missing some strong harvest crafts and jewelery. But already did some boss fights like Hidden, A8 and everything was pretty easy. I will try to test as many new things as possible and then see what can be added to the guide :)
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
I was curious about some skills in this build while I was bored and I looked at spectral shield throw variants and I noticed in the notes on the wiki mentioned those Sinistral base type gloves, I wonder if those give a MASSIVE boost maybe?

The main hand reduced attack damage/off hand increased attack damage gloves.

I bet you could craft some absolutely absurd gloves for this build with those as the base.
"
darticus wrote:
I was curious about some skills in this build while I was bored and I looked at spectral shield throw variants and I noticed in the notes on the wiki mentioned those Sinistral base type gloves, I wonder if those give a MASSIVE boost maybe?

I bet you could craft some absolutely absurd gloves for this build with those as the base.

For hit based it's a nice boost. For bleed not that much.

But every point of damage counts ;) I currently use them for the bleed

Need to find augment phys for that last bleed suffix.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
"
paLe1337 wrote:
"
darticus wrote:

Which is better in your opinion then? Those sorta gloves or the aspect of spider gloves?
"
darticus wrote:
"
paLe1337 wrote:
"
darticus wrote:

Which is better in your opinion then? Those sorta gloves or the aspect of spider gloves?

I tried all three and checked PoB:
- Aspect of the Spider (Fenmur's)
- Off-Hand damage Sinistral Gloves
- Phys DoT Multiplier and Bleed (Elder Suffix)

For me, it is the last one one, that I got dirt cheap (posted them before):

Best could be Sinistral Gloves with Elder Suffixes (Phys Dot and Bleed), I am not sure if that is even possible, I am not deep intro crafting. But I guess Awakener Orbs do the job, right?

Oh, well time to spend my hard earned Ex and find out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info