[3.10] Complete Cobra Lash Assassin Guide | >10m Shaper DPS | All content | Noob Friendly | Video

"
akaCase wrote:
Hi,

i'm fairly new to the game, only played on and off for a couple of leagues and was trying out Cobra Lash. Later on i switched to your build and i am having a blast. Right now i'm doing Yellow Maps and it works fine. I have one question though. I hope i didn't miss anything in the guide, but why is the precision gem only at level 2? Is it because of mana cost at higher levels?

Hey, great to hear you are having fun with my build! <3

Yes, the Precision Gem is only level 2, because of the increasing mana cost for each gem level. You can also run it at just level 1, which reserves only 22 mana instead of the 32 mana on level 2 (and 186 mana on level 20). Precision Gem reserves a flat amount of mana instead of a percentage like many other aura gems. You can check the link above to see a table of the mana-reserved stats of the gem. The main effect we want from the gem is the %-increasd crit chance (and depending on other setup als the flat accuracy) which is at 40% already at gem level 1 and only increasing to 59% on level 20. You can basically level precision to whatever mana reserved level you can sustain and if you change equipment you can always downlevel the gem, using the vendor recipe.
"
karbengo wrote:
i dont know what im doing, can anyone look at my character (darynansorie) thanks

Yeah, I would totally do that, but you have to set your profile to public first, otherwise I can't see it. Please let me know, once you have set it to public so that I can check it out.
I’m considering this build for 3.9 if there aren’t any obvious nerfs. Is the −mana cost on those rings the Incursion prefix? Isn’t it extremely difficult to get that together with passable other stats?
"
Melvar wrote:
I’m considering this build for 3.9 if there aren’t any obvious nerfs. Is the −mana cost on those rings the Incursion prefix? Isn’t it extremely difficult to get that together with passable other stats?

From the balance manifesto that was published today, there are no obvious nerfs to this build, aside from the resistance buff on all bosses, which affects all builds though and I think it affects this build less then most others.

The rings that I'm using are incursion prefix (Xopec's) ones, that is correct. It's not necessary to use the incursion prefix though, since the same stat can also be crafted with Elreons crafting mod (with even higher numbers: -9 to total mana cost).

Here are searches for bot crafted and Incurion -mana mods (can only link to standard right now, since Blight ended today):
PoE Trade search for Incursion Mana Mod
PoE Trade search for Crafted Mana Mod

Since the Adds # to # Chaos Damage to your Attacks - iLvl 30: 8-11 to 18-23 (Elreon Lvl 7) (Ring Affix List) Mod is a crafted Prefix aswell, it would be good to use Incursion Rings, but it's in no way required to do so. You can also Essene Craft a Ring with increased Poison Damage and then craft the Elreon -Mana mod on it. Throughout the leveling process you can have a live search running or regularly check the market for desirable items, I paid very little for both rings that I am wearing, because it's not a very popular mod.
Like I pointed out in the guide, I min/maxed my character a lot and for all items there are low budget alternatives that are not too far from the level of my equipment.
Last edited by MoosGames on Dec 10, 2019, 6:36:39 AM
Hi there, great build guide btw. I'm a returning playing (haven't played since betrayal/syndicate) and I've been scouring the forums for something different to do in 3.9 and your build guide peaked my interest. Everything was written well although there is one part I'm confused about, somewhere along the guide 'despair on hit' was mentioned and I saw that happening in the video as well although I'm not quite sure where it was coming from. At first I thought it would be from a corrupted gloves implicit but the one you linked in the guide had a different implicit. Not sure if you just mislinked it or I'm missing something.

Also, now that blight is done and it's uncertain that Cassia will stay. Any other avenues to solve the mana issues while leveling/pre-mapping phase?

I'll be doing a test run of the leveling phase of the build in a SSF manner before 3.9 rolls out just to get a feel for it. Any other issues I might encounter apart from mana? I'll try and respond again after I do the run and report any issue(s) I encounter and I suppose we can go from there.

EDIT: After posting, I went over the items again and found the despair on hit on the claws. My bad for missing it

EDIT 2(Update): So I did a mock leveling run and got to act 3. Stopped for a bit by the librarian to assess my gems. I have to ask how come poison support was not considered as a replacement for lesser poison?
Last edited by Peepsqueek on Dec 10, 2019, 11:56:40 AM
"
Peepsqueek wrote:
Hi there, great build guide btw. I'm a returning playing (haven't played since betrayal/syndicate) and I've been scouring the forums for something different to do in 3.9 and your build guide peaked my interest. Everything was written well although there is one part I'm confused about, somewhere along the guide 'despair on hit' was mentioned and I saw that happening in the video as well although I'm not quite sure where it was coming from. At first I thought it would be from a corrupted gloves implicit but the one you linked in the guide had a different implicit. Not sure if you just mislinked it or I'm missing something.

Also, now that blight is done and it's uncertain that Cassia will stay. Any other avenues to solve the mana issues while leveling/pre-mapping phase?

I'll be doing a test run of the leveling phase of the build in a SSF manner before 3.9 rolls out just to get a feel for it. Any other issues I might encounter apart from mana? I'll try and respond again after I do the run and report any issue(s) I encounter and I suppose we can go from there.

EDIT: After posting, I went over the items again and found the despair on hit on the claws. My bad for missing it

EDIT 2(Update): So I did a mock leveling run and got to act 3. Stopped for a bit by the librarian to assess my gems. I have to ask how come poison support was not considered as a replacement for lesser poison?

Yep, Despair is a Delve Mod that we want on just 1 of our Claws. But you found that already. :)

Now regarding the Poison Support Gem:
This Gem can totally be used during the leveling process, until you aquire the final gem setup. It work well as replacement for Lesser Poison Support, since it gives Chance to Poison on hit.
BUT you want to get the Chance to Poison on hit rather from the passive tree or mods on your weapon instead of "wasting" a Gem slot on your 6L for that. All the Gems in the 6L have way more to offer then the Poison Support Gem does. You have to keep in mind, that any Chaos damage that you apply deals damage twice. First directly in Form of (increased/more or flat) Chaos Damage and then again as Poison Damage, since 20% of the Chaos Damage gets converted to Poison Damage. So anything that applies to Chaos Damage does that and increases your Poison Damage. That's why we focus on maximizing our Chaos Damage whereever possible (that's why we want flat chaos damage on our Weapons and Rings, Amulet) and scale that and Poison Damage scaling is only our second most important priority. With that in mind, you can see that the Poison Support Gem might be a good update for leveling over the Lesser Poison Support but can't keep up with the chosen support Gems in the 6L.

Edit: Blight has been added to the core game! You will have a 10% chance to encounter Cassia and her beautiful singing while exploring the Atlas.
Last edited by MoosGames on Dec 11, 2019, 5:53:43 AM
Thanks for putting this guide together. Great guide. Back after a four year break and tried this out and loving it. Planning to start next league with this. Keep up the great effort.
"
MoosGames wrote:
"
Melvar wrote:

From the balance manifesto that was published today, there are no obvious nerfs to this build, aside from the resistance buff on all bosses, which affects all builds though and I think it affects this build less then most others.
With the patch notes release, that seems to have held true; besides the passive tree changes moving Ambidexterity a bit further away and a nerf to universally-useful special mods like the removal of fossil hybrid %life on chests.

"
The rings that I'm using are incursion prefix (Xopec's) ones, that is correct. It's not necessary to use the incursion prefix though, since the same stat can also be crafted with Elreons crafting mod (with even higher numbers: -9 to total mana cost).

Here are searches for bot crafted and Incurion -mana mods (can only link to standard right now, since Blight ended today):
PoE Trade search for Incursion Mana Mod
PoE Trade search for Crafted Mana Mod

Since the Adds # to # Chaos Damage to your Attacks - iLvl 30: 8-11 to 18-23 (Elreon Lvl 7) (Ring Affix List) Mod is a crafted Prefix aswell, it would be good to use Incursion Rings, but it's in no way required to do so. You can also Essene Craft a Ring with increased Poison Damage and then craft the Elreon -Mana mod on it. Throughout the leveling process you can have a live search running or regularly check the market for desirable items, I paid very little for both rings that I am wearing, because it's not a very popular mod.
Thank you, I feared those might be expensive, but upon further reflection some of the other items might be much more difficult to obtain.
"
Like I pointed out in the guide, I min/maxed my character a lot and for all items there are low budget alternatives that are not too far from the level of my equipment.
If early maps can be run on a five-link with a pair of wasp nests, I will be more than happy. On that note, which support should I drop on a five-link? The leveling guide says to add GMP as sixth link, but doesn’t that replace LMP as soon as we get it?
"
Thanks for putting this guide together. Great guide. Back after a four year break and tried this out and loving it. Planning to start next league with this. Keep up the great effort.

Awesome to hear, thanks for the nice feedback! <3
"
Melvar wrote:

With the patch notes release, that seems to have held true; besides the passive tree changes moving Ambidexterity a bit further away and a nerf to universally-useful special mods like the removal of fossil hybrid %life on chests.

Yeah, moving Ambidexterity is a bugger...I changed my passive tree layout because of that and updated the guide accordingly.

"
Thank you, I feared those might be expensive, but upon further reflection some of the other items might be much more difficult to obtain.

Yeah, nah, yeah. Nothing that you need to clear all maps and 3.8 bosses required huge investments. In 3.9 it might take a little more investment to clear all content, due to boss buffs.

"
If early maps can be run on a five-link with a pair of wasp nests, I will be more than happy. On that note, which support should I drop on a five-link? The leveling guide says to add GMP as sixth link, but doesn’t that replace LMP as soon as we get it?

You will be perfectly fine with just that until red maps. Naturally you want a 6L at some point and the -mana mods for quality of life after crafting rare claws.

Depending on the colour setup on your 5L you want to either leave Vile Toxins or Unbound Ailments out. The Added Chaos Damage Gems will be stronger then Unbound Ailments, as long as you don't have many other sources of flat chaos damage. All of the 6L gems are quite similar in strength though, so I would use whatever I have the highest level/quality of at that point and don't worry much about it. You could use PoB to check which makes more sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info