Indomitable Hideout

"
Xcava86X wrote:
I wouldn't normally make a statement like this, but the number of the people moaning because this hideout comes with a price tag irritates me.

First off: there is nothing unusual in a cut and paste MTX with a $25.00 price tag. This is perfectly in line with what has always been the trend with the microtransactions. I would like to remind to all those who are unhappy about this (whom appear to be relatively new players, at least those on the forums) that there had been supporter packs that costed thousands of american dollars.

Second: Tencent has nothing to do with this, see the point above.

Third: even if Tencent had anything to do with this, it would only be that GGG has been forced to pull out more MTX than they would normally do. Even in this circumstance, it is not the case that anybody is forcing anybody to buy this hideout at gunpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLtsWFRIrg

That's a bloody scorpion for $110,00 (it's a lightning scorpion, actually).

I think that someone should remember that all the people behind this game, maintaining it and trying their best to keep it balanced and working smoothly, with new mechanics every four or so months, are working and have mouths to feed. The game is free to play to begin with, that means that anybody can play as much content as they like without paying anything.

The fuss about this MTX is childish in my opinion. If you feel hurt and offended by my opinion, perhaps rethink about the whole thing, and if you still think that this hideout is too pricy, just don't buy it.

PS: I'm not referring particularly to the people on the forum with this post, rather to the whole community. In-Game, on the forum and of course on youtube and other platforms...

1. Lol. No.

2. Did you notice how quality dropped and quantity increased since the acquisition? I'm happy GGG's doing well and with the influx if Chinese millionaires' kids spending top coin on this, good for them.

However, releasing CIRCLES that are WAY smaller than hideouts you unlock in the game for dumb prices is incredibly lazy.

3. Yeah, and that scorpion's dumb. It doesn't excuse what's happening now.

Good for Chris at al. for continuing to support and create content for a constantly-changing game. It's getting better each patch, and yeah, I'm sure the overhead costs are pretty high and the expectations on the teams are now even higher than ever. However, that's no excuse to reduce the quality of your work.

Maybe the teams should slow down on the MTX.
my account is from early open beta and i had no idea you could walk up these stairs in his arena (as far as the barrier lets you). at least the game gave me a tabula for my efforts to check.
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
Mistform wrote:
"
Xcava86X wrote:
I wouldn't normally make a statement like this, but the number of the people moaning because this hideout comes with a price tag irritates me.

First off: there is nothing unusual in a cut and paste MTX with a $25.00 price tag. This is perfectly in line with what has always been the trend with the microtransactions. I would like to remind to all those who are unhappy about this (whom appear to be relatively new players, at least those on the forums) that there had been supporter packs that costed thousands of american dollars.

Second: Tencent has nothing to do with this, see the point above.

Third: even if Tencent had anything to do with this, it would only be that GGG has been forced to pull out more MTX than they would normally do. Even in this circumstance, it is not the case that anybody is forcing anybody to buy this hideout at gunpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLtsWFRIrg

That's a bloody scorpion for $110,00 (it's a lightning scorpion, actually).

I think that someone should remember that all the people behind this game, maintaining it and trying their best to keep it balanced and working smoothly, with new mechanics every four or so months, are working and have mouths to feed. The game is free to play to begin with, that means that anybody can play as much content as they like without paying anything.

The fuss about this MTX is childish in my opinion. If you feel hurt and offended by my opinion, perhaps rethink about the whole thing, and if you still think that this hideout is too pricy, just don't buy it.

PS: I'm not referring particularly to the people on the forum with this post, rather to the whole community. In-Game, on the forum and of course on youtube and other platforms...

1. Lol. No.

2. Did you notice how quality dropped and quantity increased since the acquisition? I'm happy GGG's doing well and with the influx if Chinese millionaires' kids spending top coin on this, good for them.

However, releasing CIRCLES that are WAY smaller than hideouts you unlock in the game for dumb prices is incredibly lazy.

3. Yeah, and that scorpion's dumb. It doesn't excuse what's happening now.

Good for Chris at al. for continuing to support and create content for a constantly-changing game. It's getting better each patch, and yeah, I'm sure the overhead costs are pretty high and the expectations on the teams are now even higher than ever. However, that's no excuse to reduce the quality of your work.

Maybe the teams should slow down on the MTX.

Besides the fact that "LOL no" is the answer of someone without an argument to bring to the table, I didn't notice any drop in the "quality" of the MTX.

Actually, the celestial armour and several armour packs with the same 3D art as the one given as reward during flashback league are low effort.

All I see are tons of new, different MTX, that you don't like the look of them doesn't necessarily mean that they're low quality, and I certainly don't think you hold the quality bar to which GGG has to stand.

The hideout might be small, if that is the case, then again, nobody is forced to pay for it. It's just a hideout! Not even it was a stash tab...

Also the Tencent thing is just ridiculous. This game has been released on PS4 and Xbox, translated in how many languages? Six? Has hors of new dialogues, and all in all I don't know how many people who have to work to maintain this. However, what matters the most is not maintaining the game and making sure it doesn't fail economically, forcing GGG to shut down and leave it to the hands of the first set of developers who will bring in only MTX after MTX with no new game content. I've seen this happening to way too many games, and every time there is a community upset for something that, after a revolutionary update, is made incredibly worse.
Here we're just talking about cosmetics, and about the fact that some people are too cheap to afford $25.00 and too impatient to wait for a sale.

This is just appalling and childish in my opinion.

Bottom line is don't buy it if you don't want it.
/oos
Volcano hideout when?
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
bipola wrote:
"
Corvus01 wrote:
(Ctrl+C) + (ctrl+V) = profit.

That's why companies grow, smart decision.

And by the way: it's not that PoE-players don't want this. Especially for old known areas we want hideouts (nostalgia). Good stuff for us and saved business-money at the same time. Perfect!

we need to support the work and the desire for something better. And not support stupid copying and sky-high prices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info