[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

This build is not for blight or legion. It is bad there.
"
goatcheese61 wrote:
"
Hello all again,

Killing bosses and pushing end-game. Very smooth build.

Though i really need to ask and figure out. I am pretty much using Storm Brand first, and then Vortex in that order at all packs. So i guess trigger wand is not needed for anything in particular?

You dont need EE or curses on packs. You should be able to kill packs with just a cold snap or a vortex walk over even with them getting + cold res from EE. If you cannot kill packs without first casting brand to trigger EE or curse then you're underleveled, have too low damage, or in maps that are too hard for your current gear level.

EE and curses should only be needed to burn down bosses and very tanky rares.The rest of the map your piano flasking, running with vortex on left click, using cold snap and vaal cold snap on cooldown and thats it.

Feel free to drop your brands in ultimatium, but if you need it just regular mapping than you're doing something wrong.

I see your point, but it is no issue for me doing it - its not because its needed, but it is as easy just pressing a button before Vortex, which is CD based either way.

But is this an argument for keeping the trigger wand, or am i missing something? If it is not needed, and i trigger EE with my storm brand on bosses anyhow, how is the trigger wand needed? So many other mods would be insane.

Please correct me if i am wrong.
I'm currently running vortex on left click and hextouch storm brand on right click. I spam sb on packs which procs EE and curses everything. With Profane Bloom ascendency, cursed mobs explode, so clear is amazing and satisfying.

I see no down side to this approach even if it isn't necessary with trash mobs. It's very effective for clear and ultimatums. I only use cold snap occasionally for the frenzy charges or to chill/freeze mob from a distance.

I have forgone the trigger wand as I didn't like the 8 second nerf. Also can't afford +1 cold skill gems, cold multi, while also having trigger or open suffix. I am completely comfortable using all skills manually.
Last edited by psychopath on May 5, 2021, 9:42:56 AM
Trigger wand is just QOL for mapping, and for bossing its needed.

For mapping you should be spamming all flasks and running through packs. With vortex on left click it'll auto-cast as soon as its up, you dont need to self cast it on packs, just run through them to the next, even if you don't proc a vortex on the pack they will follow you through a vortex and die on your way to the next one. Cold snap is great to reach things out of the way/stragglers/tanky rares.

Vaal cold snap should be used as soon as its up as it'll further increase your clear speed. You really dont need any additional buttons for non delirious t16 map clears.

Trigger just makes all this smoother dropping spells behind you to clean up missed mobs and keeping your tempest shield and EO online.

For bosses positioning is much more important. Need to circle them to make sure theres 2-3 vortexes nearrby so they are constantly being dotted. The brand is needed to keep curses active. The wand keeps up your EO/EE which you'll need the damage from, constant shield for the block, and the autocast of frost bomb to end regen and keep the enemies exposed.

I know you may think it feels smoother without trigger, or self casting vortex, or skipping the brand all together, but your simply wrong that its any better. its massively worse especially once your in high tiers.

This guide is excellent and massively min maxed to make sure the mechanics and choices are optimal. You've got both ShakCentral and DonBrawler in here telling you whats best. Theres not a single player alive you can find with more knowledge of vortex builds than those two. Trust in what their saying, any idea you may have that you think may be better they've already tried extensiveand ruled out.
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar
"
saxisa wrote:
Just starting this build, looks fun! How is it with league content aside from Ultimatums? Specifically legions and blight?

And does anyone run vaal ice nova for clear? Maybe even just for legions or harbinger swarms? I was thinking of running it on a second weapon.

Legions are easy but you need to make sure you have a speed flask ready for it so you can quickly run to all the caches. I'm doing Legions in t16's and they pop quickly but sometimes I miss one or two.

Blight is easy if you know what you're doing with the Towers. Check out Zizaran's recent guide on it. With this build you can just run in front of the blight mobs, drop an OoS and Vortex and they'll just melt. Vaal Cold Snap, Hexes, EE also clears up the Unique blight enemies quickly.

I tried Vaal Ice Nova for a while, using Ice Nova with a hextouch setup. It's pretty nice for spreading hexes and ailments but it's only really useful in Ultimatum, Legion, Blight... anywhere with lots of enemies close together. It doesn't really do much damage on its own though but it can be a good panic button to freeze lots of enemies around you.

I stopped using Vaal Ice Nova now though because I don't really have the sockets for it.
"
Kalakukko wrote:

how should I finish these gloves? Aisling add veiled?

I'd say Aisling is probably the way to go or you could add an Aspect.
Hi everyone,

I was hoping one of you helpful vortex pro's could please take a look at this character's gear and give me advice on what would be best to upgrade next? I'm looking at my gloves/boots/unset ring but maybe I ought to be looking to upgrade my wand first? Something else entirely? I'd appreciate any input.
delete
Last edited by Daydreaming7 on May 5, 2021, 7:03:44 PM
Does anybody have an optimized skill tree for level 95 LL with both large clusters? I'm not sure what to drop in order to set up both clusters.
Could one of you uber Vortexers please take a look at my gear/build and suggest where i could improve/upgrade?

I don't have the life/mana to run all the Auras. I can run Mal/Zeal/Disc/Clarity but can't run Hatred?

I'm dying fairly often still on T16, Ultimatums are about a 50/50 at T16. I've been stuck on Level 91 for ages due to EXP loss :(

My flasks I'd say need an upgrade too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info