[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Energy from Naught gave me 500 es. That's perfect! But to get it I had to revoke the whole Arcane Swriftness node :(
And I still don't know where are the other sources of getting more es.
The other thing I don't want to get chayula is that my amulet give me attributes and resistances, that will be ruined without it.
Thinking about swapping into CI. Tired dying
just a heads up about chayula amulet in LL.

My rare amulet is a 58.8% more multiplier. 9m dps without it, 14.3m with it.

I still have to harvest it a bit, but there is no way chayula can compete, even on a string budget. A +1 amulet with t2 cdot is way better than chayula.

@BigJules:

if you can, get a 5L shavronne. It's so much better than CI these days that the choice is clear. The only reason to go CI is because you can find a decent 6L for 12c day 2 of the league. It costs quite some regret orbs to do the switch to LL but then upgrade path is clear, with noticeable impact on your dps. (good weapon, 6L, cluster jewels, good amulet. After that it becomes expensive).
@roselan
It is worth it trying to craft a helmet like the one you have? It seems to be very expensive, and I'm not sure it gives a lot of damage.
But of course it should upgrade es level.
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Holy shit this went well. Not sure if I should craft an Aspect on them. Sheesh, I really don't want to give them out of my hands^^

Anyone have a short Writeup of how to Craft these ?

Usually just paid for w/e on Poetrade but looking to actually craft my own stuff for once..
"
SPYDER680 wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Holy shit this went well. Not sure if I should craft an Aspect on them. Sheesh, I really don't want to give them out of my hands^^

Usually just paid for w/e on Poetrade but looking to actually craft my own stuff for once..

Buy your base (min ilvl 80). If you want to use shaped gloves, buy a shaped base. You can also use a hunters orb to add hunter influence to a base and achieve the same results.

Dense fossil spam until you get ES values you're happy with. Now you'll want to clean the suffixes. Hopefully you can easily harvest remove them. Otherwise, you'll need to Prefixes Cannot be Changed and scour. If you go the hunter influence route, you'll want to slam your orb first with full prefixes (craft one if you have an empty prefix).

Craft cold resist from bench, then Augment cold for guaranteed cold multi. If you are happy with any roll, then remove your craft and augment for whatever resist/suffixes you want. If you hit t2 and want t1, remove your bench craft, remove cold, then recraft cold res and Aug cold until you get t1.

Mine are still a work in progress. I bought them with high ES rolls already for less than an exalt.

Is there any difference between "Cold Damage over Time Multiplier" and "Damage over Time Multiplier" ?
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
Is there any difference between "Cold Damage over Time Multiplier" and "Damage over Time Multiplier" ?

Check PoB
"
omglapizza wrote:
"
SPYDER680 wrote:
"
BundesHeinz wrote:

Buy your base (min ilvl 80). If you want to use shaped gloves, buy a shaped base. You can also use a hunters orb to add hunter influence to a base and achieve the same results.

Dense fossil spam until you get ES values you're happy with. Now you'll want to clean the suffixes. Hopefully you can easily harvest remove them. Otherwise, you'll need to Prefixes Cannot be Changed and scour. If you go the hunter influence route, you'll want to slam your orb first with full prefixes (craft one if you have an empty prefix).

Craft cold resist from bench, then Augment cold for guaranteed cold multi. If you are happy with any roll, then remove your craft and augment for whatever resist/suffixes you want. If you hit t2 and want t1, remove your bench craft, remove cold, then recraft cold res and Aug cold until you get t1.

Mine are still a work in progress. I bought them with high ES rolls already for less than an exalt.

If you can't skip suffixes easily, or there are just too many of them you can just use "keep pref reforge suff". It's much cheaper then spending 2ex.
"
roselan wrote:

I still have to harvest it a bit, but there is no way chayula can compete, even on a string budget. A +1 amulet with t2 cdot is way better than chayula.

@BigJules:

if you can, get a 5L shavronne. It's so much better than CI these days that the choice is clear. The only reason to go CI is because you can find a decent 6L for 12c day 2 of the league. It costs quite some regret orbs to do the switch to LL but then upgrade path is clear, with noticeable impact on your dps. (good weapon, 6L, cluster jewels, good amulet. After that it becomes expensive).

Hi! I might be overlooking something, but the 9m must be without amulet, right? With chayula, malediction and freed up passives you could be around 12.5m+ I think. With +1 ammy PoB shows your build with around 13.5m, still better than chayula, but not that significantly. And defense-wise you lose 1.2k ES and malediction, while you have to fit chaos resist on the gear and I assume craft the rare helmet. I agree that offense-wise rare is better by the 1m dps (if +1 and t2 cold dot), but defense-wise not and saying chayula cannot compete seems not ok to me. Please let me know your thoughts or perhaps I did an error in PoB, sorry if that's the case.
"
Mescaline77 wrote:
"
roselan wrote:

@BigJules:

Hi! I might be overlooking something, but the 9m must be without amulet, right? With chayula, malediction and freed up passives you could be around 12.5m+ I think. With +1 ammy PoB shows your build with around 13.5m, still better than chayula, but not that significantly. And defense-wise you lose 1.2k ES and malediction, while you have to fit chaos resist on the gear and I assume craft the rare helmet. I agree that offense-wise rare is better by the 1m dps (if +1 and t2 cold dot), but defense-wise not and saying chayula cannot compete seems not ok to me. Please let me know your thoughts or perhaps I did an error in PoB, sorry if that's the case.

This is entirely correct. My approach with the build is a no compromise "dps first" and only then sacrifice some dps for more defense. This beg the question of what to sacrifice.

- aura effect cluster vs brush with death and vile reinvigoration
- rare jewel with 8%es +4%cdot 20% inc dps and 2 tree nodes vs energy from naught
- dps opal ring vs an unset ring with defensive aura and 1 tree node
- rare amulet and vile bastion vs chayula and maldediction
- aura effect cluster jewel and 2 crafted suffix vs ailment immunity
- good regen vs wicked ward (well, there are 2 defensive options)
- vitality and dread banner vs 1 tree node and IC + CWDT

My approach is quite practical as I always test stuff extensively. When I was delving at 1500 I had plenty of opportunity to test in pretty well controlled environment as some nodes were... "tricky". That's where I realized the absolute strength of Malediction. In combination with enfeeble it's the best defensive option for the build. On that note I'm truly sad that the combination of strong chill, aspect of the spider and temp chain is not as strong as it used to be. Maybe with more curse effect this "bullet time" can be achieved, but in practice Malediction + Enfeeble is stronger.

Yet I didn't hesitate to sacrifice it as DPS is a way stronger defensive layer. Sirus dies in one rotating beam phase. Pretty much everything else dies instantly.

Now I only die is when:
- I'm stuck on stairs and got shotgunned
- baran mobs (fuck them, they hit me harder than sirus die beam)
- stupid mistakes like dashing in Sirus cloud (my speciality)
- afking in maps (another speciality of mine)
- 20%+ delirium maps. Both shotgunning with some prophecy, and the degen ground.

The build is not exactly a glass cannon, more like "tempered glass" cannon.

I'm looking at ways to make it more tanky for these scenarios. Not dying to shotgunning would be nice, but without much block and es on block I don't see a practical way. IC - CWDT yes, but I'm so constrained on gems slots it's not realistic. Plus I'm in the mind of making this build work with auras, so I'm not comfortable with sacrificing auras, or curses, or even the cold snap setup.

Don't get me wrong, the build is a blast to play. My main concern is not tankyness, it's move and clear speed (maybe I will go back to cyclone - cwc - gmp - frostbolt).
Last edited by roselan on Feb 7, 2021, 4:32:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info