[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
graboubou wrote:
So far having a blast with this build, still at CI phase.

However POB say I lose damage if I take EE. Can someone help to see what I did wrong ?

https://pastebin.com/bnfYz76P

After turning on EE in tree, you need to go into configuration and tick the boxes 'ignore skill hit damage' and 'enemy was high by light. damage' boxes. This then shows your correct DPS.
Last edited by kingkano on Jan 25, 2021, 11:26:18 AM
Would never have guessed that. Thank you very much !
PSA: Don't be a wally like me.

When crafting your end game gloves (or anything with harvest) make sure to double check the possible hits on craft of exile.

In my case, I forgot to fill up the prefixes, so my 'Augment Cold' gave me something rubbish (cold damage to attacks)! Luckily I had an add remove cold, which removed my crafted cold res, and gave me T2 dot. And even luckier, I can fix it I think by removing the Attack mod!!

Last edited by kingkano on Jan 25, 2021, 1:15:09 PM
That's nice! I need to get better at using craft of exile :D
"
kingkano wrote:

When crafting your end game gloves (or anything with harvest) make sure to double check the possible hits on craft of exile.

In my case, I forgot to fill up the prefixes, so my 'Augment Cold' gave me something rubbish (cold damage to attacks)! Luckily I had an add remove cold, which removed my crafted cold res, and gave me T2 dot. And even luckier, I can fix it I think by removing the Attack mod!!

Once you remove the Attack Mod > Aug Defense or craft ES Prefix Temporary > Then remove add cold to till you get T1 Multi. Then you can craft your resist back on. Then work on Aug Defense if needed

I got a Maven Orb and open prefix on my gloves

I am tempted to augment another influence Modifier and Maven Orb to see if it picks the Cold Dot. It will be 23% :D

One thing is I don't know if Maven Orb works like a Awakener Orb and rerolls all of the modifiers. That would be horrible
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 1:57:10 PM
Can somebody explain why PoB is shouwing 250k DoT with my build ?
What's wrong with my build

"
donbrawler wrote:
"
kingkano wrote:

Once you remove the Attack Mod > Aug Defense or craft ES Prefix Temporary > Then remove add cold to till you get T1 Multi. Then you can craft your resist back on. Then work on Aug Defense if needed

I got a Maven Orb and open prefix on my gloves

I am tempted to augment another influence Modifier and Maven Orb to see if it picks the Cold Dot. It will be 23% :D

One thing is I don't know if Maven Orb works like a Awakener Orb and rerolls all of the modifiers. That would be horrible

Nice! Would be interesting. I don't think it rerolls the item - would investigate heavily before you click! example here seems like not - http://www.vhpg.com/maven-s-orb/

I was going to do remove/add cold a few times to try get T1 cold dot. Then remove the attack mod. Craft another resist and add/remove it till I get a high roll. Then I can craft flat ES to finish it.

Thought about Aug defense but there is a few other mods it could hit? +ES/+life, and +ES/+mana. Both are low ES rolls and my luck is I would hit 1! And then add/remove defence would probably remove my decent %ES roll lol knowing my luck!

Last edited by kingkano on Jan 25, 2021, 2:07:34 PM
"
"
which nodes in the lvl100 LL tree from the POB are the least important? im lvl 92 so i need to unspec 8 of them

And can someone also explain why swapping to LL decreased both my dps AND es with mostly the same gear...?

my CI build before: https://pastebin.com/Py3rd3ni
my LL build now: https://pastebin.com/17rK2nwh

CI has 714k dps, 7992 es, had vaal RF, vaal grace plus option to swap turn off discipline and turn on malevolence for even higher dps and also no chaos damage
LL has 642k dps, 7342 es, has temporal chains i guess lol

did i just get jebaited? is something wrong in the pob?

There is something very wrong somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

edit: ROFL! Make sure you select "Vortex" and not "Vaal Cold Snap" as main skill. I'm ashamed to admit it took me 30 minutes to see it, but that was driving me crazy XD.

You have 1.4m dps...
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Can somebody explain why PoB is shouwing 250k DoT with my build ?
What's wrong with my build

Nothing wrong. That's about right for your level of gear. You gear is pretty close to what I had in the Delve race and my DPS was 200k - 300k it might sound bad, But I got all way to depth 700 :).

1. Buy 21% Vortex and Vaal Cold Snap they are cheap
2. Get Better shield with +1 to Cold
2. Get Better Amulet with Cold dot Multi and anoint with Tranquility
3. Buy Awakened Gems
4. Gloves Need Dot Multi
5. Just Switch LL :)

Awakened gems, More Cold Dot Multi and +1 to skills is what increases DPs the most.
Last edited by donbrawler on Jan 25, 2021, 2:23:25 PM
Last edited by _Yreth_ on Jan 25, 2021, 5:14:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info