[3.10] Brittleknee’s Scourge Arrow Poison Assassin - Great Bosser! Video Guide Included!

Do you have any advice for clearing? It feels like every time I've put into a map with closed quarters, I either die or come very near death. For example, maps like cage or syndicate research labs. Usually, I can manage on outdoor maps without much difficulty. It just feels like there's so much time required to reach 5 stages that just leaves you vulnerable particularly with the fact that until you release scourge arrow, you don't deal any damage while channeling.

Are you just supposed to start firing at stage 1 to proc the archer and then start slamming with full stage arrows or is it that you need to be aiming very carefully like with TS to get the most benefits from scourge arrow?
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
Do you have any advice for clearing? It feels like every time I've put into a map with closed quarters, I either die or come very near death. For example, maps like cage or syndicate research labs. Usually, I can manage on outdoor maps without much difficulty. It just feels like there's so much time required to reach 5 stages that just leaves you vulnerable particularly with the fact that until you release scourge arrow, you don't deal any damage while channeling.

Are you just supposed to start firing at stage 1 to proc the archer and then start slamming with full stage arrows or is it that you need to be aiming very carefully like with TS to get the most benefits from scourge arrow?

You don't need to charge to 5 stack if your gear is in a good place. 1-2 will clear most in Red with maybe 5 stacks on the occasional tanky Rare.

If you are approaching a tight cluster of mobs, make sure your flasks are up before you engage.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Is this build still a viable option?
I am unsure if I should go SA Assassin or Caustic Arrow Trickster.

I've been a casual palyer for years. I won't push ladders and probably don't even see a Rank 8 Sirus but I don't want to struggle with content too much tho.
I am newby and started without any knowledge.as time passed i understood that there are builds and started to follow this build. I dont know how other builds feel but as far as i can tell, this build starts to turn out strong in the end game part. Since i activated mistwalker in the ascendancy tree, it doesnt feel squishy anymore(despite you move around with flamewalk). And i do really awesome damage with the darkscorn bow. There was a time before the mistwalker upgrade in which some stuns or specific grounds broke my life hardly, but now i turn out being a beast and i can run maps easily sometimes even without deaths. The only thing which is annyoing a little bit is the need for appropriate strenght and intelligence. And with darkscorn as brittleknee mentioned the chaos resistance, which can be tricky and expensive as well. I love playing the build and its so much fun. Scourge arrow is sooo great because it reaches out with its piercing bows to any target. Awesome
Found this build and started it but I find I am very squishy. Will MoM really help that much in survivability? If anyone is still following this thread please take the time to look at my build and offer any criticism. I am new at making adjustments hit do not have enough knowledge on how to turnt his build around.
"
Found this build and started it but I find I am very squishy. Will MoM really help that much in survivability? If anyone is still following this thread please take the time to look at my build and offer any criticism. I am new at making adjustments hit do not have enough knowledge on how to turnt his build around.

With Cloak of Defiance you can potentially gain 2/3 of your life as additional hp, so it makes a rather significant difference on its own. I see your character has already diverged from the guide though.
Loving this build so far, but just switched to Darkscorn and the damage is really insane.

I am a little scared to start maps since I have like 2% chaos resist and I haven't killed A10 kitava yet...

I have a small chaos res cluster, but I am not sure it's worth the investment to get there. I haven't really had a chance to dive into my POB and check the numbers. Do I just need to try and get chaos res on ring/ammy? I'd like to use the Glorious gem that givs +10% max chaos resist but it seems like a daunting (and expensive) task getting there, especially with enough int/str on gear.

Any advice?
Last edited by DeathPunch79 on Apr 24, 2020, 11:19:11 AM
"
DeathPunch79 wrote:
Loving this build so far, but just switched to Darkscorn and the damage is really insane.

I am a little scared to start maps since I have like 2% chaos resist and I haven't killed A10 kitava yet...

I have a small chaos res cluster, but I am not sure it's worth the investment to get there. I haven't really had a chance to dive into my POB and check the numbers. Do I just need to try and get chaos res on ring/ammy? I'd like to use the Glorious gem that givs +10% max chaos resist but it seems like a daunting (and expensive) task getting there, especially with enough int/str on gear.

Any advice?

I see you already solved your problem with chaos resistance, but just to forewarn - looks like your life/mana ratio is very unbalanced for Cloak of Defiance right now. It will be even harder to use it while also maximally utilizing Divine Flesh at the same time.
I already gave up on the build, it was too much trouble and the clunky feeling of scourge arrow isn't for me.

I'll probably never play a ranged character again until the rework some things as it pales in comparison to cyclone or summoner builds (or ofc the herald GODS).

I'm out until next season. Thanks for the great guide!
when its time to respec the skilltree?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info