[3.9] Spark. Tanky, great clear speed, super fun to play.

For any questions regarding this build, please use this thread.

3.9 Update

Slight buff due to shock changes. Nothing else changes.

Index

1. Intro
2. Pros/Cons
3. Videos
4. Mechanics
5. Gear + Gems
6. Passives
7. FAQ

1. Intro

I wanted to make a build, which could do Blight encounters and maps with ease. But also not be lacking in other aspects of the game and also not be a meta one, so it will be cheaper to do. The only piece of content, i haven't mastered with this build, is HoGM.

2. Pros/Cons

Pros:
- tanky
- good clear speed
- ez blight
- no need to aim

Cons:
- minimum budged to feel good(tankieness and dps wise) is 5ex (as of 23.09.2019). I used about 15ex for my gear.

3. Videos

4. Mechanics
Defense
The tankieness of the build mainly comes form good regen, leech, block and good HP pool(7-8k).

- leech comes form Vitality Watcher's Eye jewel and Energy Leech Support.
- regen comes mostly from Inquisitor ascendancy.
- block is acquired through 2 items, Duskdawn and Stone of Lazhwar, and tree. And then it get's doubled by Kiloava Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel to have 75/75 block chance.

Kiloava Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel doubles the block chance, but at a cost of only negating 50% of the damage on block. That is where leech and regen comes in.

Other contributing factors to good defense are Fortify, Aspect of the Spider and CwDT + Steelskin + Cold Snap.

In Uber Elder kill video i made quite a few mistakes and was forgiven. I blighted map there is a moment of me eating a lot of damage and surviving.

Offense

Main skill in this build is Spark. I felt, that Spark dps wasn't good enough for high HP bosses, so I decided to upgrade my Storm Brand from Power Charge generator to a boss dps helper.

Due to crit nature of the tree, this build can be played with any spell, that can crit, by adjusting the tree slightly.

5. Gear + Gems

Gear:

Current gear is slightly better, than at a time of Uber Elder Kill.
Current Gear

Reasoning behind gear choices:
Spoiler

At start i used Kaom's Heart as a "budged" version and had my Storm Brand 4L in the place of current CwDT setup. This armor gives slightly more HP pool, very good dmg boost and another 6L.

30% block by default, good damage stats and access to staff nodes. Easy weapon to get. Can be replaced buy any other staff, but may need some block compensated from somewhere else.

Saves at least 3 points on the tree and enables Herald of Ice. Also has great saving grace potential with Feast of Flesh. Which Spark enchantment to use, doesn't really matter, all 3(damage, projectile speed, extra projectiles) are great and have their pros and cons in comparison to each other.

Just great gloves for Spark.

Helps greatly with capping spell block. Anointing Enigmatic Defence saves another 3 points on the tree for a great node.

Doubles the block chance. There are 2 jewel sockets on the tree, where this jewel can be used. One below between witch and shadow. In this spot Pain Attunement should be used to be converted to Glancing Blows. Another at scion start with mana and life regen nodes, Here Elemental Equilibrium is used for conversion. Which spot to use exactly depends on the Timeless Jewel. Which ever will give better stats.

Life leech and great synergy with Inquisitor ascendancy. Every time Consecrated Ground is created, Arcane Surge is gained, having it basically permanently on. This build can't get arcane surge by conventional means, since it uses Energy Shield instead of Mana.

One of those to spam Sparks everywhere. To have two of them is not necessary, i find another loss of at least 15% Spark duration is not worth the gain.

Ez curse, ez life.

Just amazing flask overall. Just needs to have some flat fire damage to spells somewhere on the gear to benefit form those ignite effects. In my caste it is on the abyss jewel in the belt.

Gems(links in order of importance):
Spoiler

Spark - Spell Echo - Pierce - Energy Leech - Increased Critical Strikes - Added Lightning

Storm Brand - Power Charge On Critical - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus - Added Lighting - Increased Critical Strikes

Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Fortify

Cast when Damage Taken lvl 11 - Steelskin lvl 16 - Increased Duration - Cold Snap lvl 14

Vitality - Zealotry - Herald of Ice - Enlighten (lvl 4 is needed)
Auras can be asjusted to personal preferences. Only Zealotry is a must.

Aspect of the Spider and Assassin's Mark from gear. Aspect of the Spider can be crafted on any rare piece of gear with a free suffix. For budged reasons, i would recommend to craft it on boots or belt.

One gem socket remains free. I started using Withering Step and having it on my LMB, so it is uses every time it is ready, when i move.

6. Passives
Spoiler

Passives:

Current PoB - https://pastebin.com/p5a4zwL1

Uber Elder/Blighted Map PoB - https://pastebin.com/L2gFqBsq

Current tree

---------------------------------------------------------------
For non duration based skills i would suggest following tree. Significantly more dps(about 25%), a bit less life(about 370). Use Lethal Pride to transform Pain Attunement. For AoE skills get Enigmatic Reach, may also want to reallocate some points for Amplify and/or Blast Radius.
PoB - https://pastebin.com/BDXx7zny
Tree
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ascendancy:
If defense is priority, then:
Sanctuary -> Pious Path -> Righteous Providence -> Inevitable Judgment
If dps, then:
Righteous Providence -> Inevitable Judgment -> Sanctuary -> Pious Path

Bandits:
Help Alira

Pantheon:
Brine King
Ryslatha, can be swapped to anything else

7. FAQ
Spoiler

1. Why is there a jewel missing in PoB?
PoB does not show Timeless Jewel. Yet? I have Lethal Pride in that socket.

2. Why Elemental Equilibrium(EE)?
EE is transformed to Glancing Blows by Lethal Pride. It is either EE or PA for Lethal Pride.

3. Why Pain Attunement(PA)?
Same as EE, just got better stats from Lethal Pride in that spot. It is either EE or PA for Lethal Pride.

4. Can this build be done with other classes?
Yes. Witch, Shadow, and Scion. But how good it will be, i can not tell.

5. What is that timer in the middle of the screen? And is it legal?
Part of mercurytrade, timer for my flask. Yes, it is legal.

Ez 99.9% game clear - /2280011
Last edited by 1337fun on Dec 11, 2019, 6:08:40 AM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2019, 4:39:39 PM
reserve
Any tips for leveling?
"
Chrono_Kun wrote:
Any tips for leveling?

I was using spark from the start. Frost bomb as help till 12 and replaced it with storm brand after and continued with regular setup.
Dual wielding axiom perpetuum till i could use the staff. 1 praxis ring is very nice, if u r using tabula. Karui ward is awesome. Otherwise standard lvling stuff.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
Chrono_Kun wrote:
Any tips for leveling?

I was using spark from the start. Frost bomb as help till 12 and replaced it with storm brand after and continued with regular setup.
Dual wielding axiom perpetuum till i could use the staff. 1 praxis ring is very nice, if u r using tabula. Karui ward is awesome. Otherwise standard lvling stuff.

Oh thx, and about the tree, Any tips on which way to go first?
"
Chrono_Kun wrote:

All the templar nodes besides staff, witch, scion life wheel and duration nodes, shadow. Staff nodes as soon as u start using it.
"
1337fun wrote:
"
Chrono_Kun wrote:

All the templar nodes besides staff, witch, scion life wheel and duration nodes, shadow. Staff nodes as soon as u start using it.

Thx, i go leveling this \o/
I started to play with this build and its really really fun to play.But i have a few question about this build;
1. How can you trigger EE with this build?
2.im a big fan of arc skill, can i play with arc and how can i setup my gems(and wich glove should i pick)

Spoiler
sorry for my bad englando :)
"
adnn7 wrote:
I started to play with this build and its really really fun to play.But i have a few question about this build;
1. How can you trigger EE with this build?
2.im a big fan of arc skill, can i play with arc and how can i setup my gems(and wich glove should i pick)

Spoiler
sorry for my bad englando :)

1. FAQ
2. replace pierce with controlled destruction. Shadows and Dust is a good choice or some rare ones. I personally would go for rare with good life and cast speed and then craft some dmg mod on top.
"
1. FAQ
2. replace pierce with controlled destruction. Shadows and Dust is a good choice or some rare ones. I personally would go for rare with good life and cast speed and then craft some dmg mod on top.

oh i see , thank you for feedback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info