[3.8] Pestilent Strike & Viper Strike Poison Assassin | Fast & Deadly | 6M Shaper DPS

"
yopeligamer wrote:
Yes! Thank you for the build :) Doing this with SSF, going to see what happens, at least I have two Wasp Nests, and Belly of the beast :)
Wanted to do poison assassin, but dont have enough knowledge/skills to do own build that survives red maps.

BTW your pastebin skilltree had one DEX node on a spot that I'm not sure, but threshold jeweles don't need allocated points https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Threshold_jewel So 'extra' point

EDIT: Looks like this is not the case about DEX ;)

Thanks! I would like to know what it feels like for playing SSF, I'm not a SSF player myself.

Yea the dex node is not for meeting threshold jewel but points needed to take but you can adjust the passives to fit your style as well. My passives should not be very optimal but that's best I've got. Hope you enjoy the build.
Maybe I'm a casual player, well I have much time to play, but i'm not so fast clearing etc... Not on maps yet, act 9 but I'v been enjoying to play this build.
Quick moves, more skills to use in little time, have to keep attacking to stay alive :)
And I think this is plus for me :)
"Required player's own mechanic, positioning, keeping fortify up etc."

Maybe I dont't have enough life or something, I get sniped quite often, but have done cruel labyrinth and using just your passivetree and skills - started with cobra lash and something else, had tabula and few leveling uniques that gave movement speed +30
Have died few times (29 checked ;), but it's not frustrating, well just maybe, on act 8 when Doedre killed me 8 times or so.
Got standard and cruel lab deathless (havn't done merc yet). Belly of the Beast (only four links) and point to Iron Reflexes for cruel lab, and no problem.

Just Started SSF this league - havn't done it seriously earlier, like mapping etc - so I could use all the currency etc. on items, well one doesn't have to trade anything, but the temptation is there, and maybe get more play time - Like, on trade league it takes me about 2 to 3 hours to find gear on store when starting mapping etc. Not that I would have to wait for someone to answer trade requests, that too, but I'm kinda slow 'combining items' for resists and all.
Finding cards, rares, uniques is now more satisfying because you can't just buy them :) And if I want to play with friend I can migrate, but I'v enjoyed, at least for now :D

Your guide is great, not too much information, skills and passivetree etc. everything needed to know, easy to start playing, not too much info to remember - I can't say it better :) I like it!

Well I'd like to know what Pantheons you recommend for 'regular gameplay', I'v used Soul of Lunaris and - Ryslatha and change when needed.
Last edited by yopeligamer on Oct 3, 2019, 4:46:23 AM
"
yopeligamer wrote:
Maybe I'm a casual player, well I have much time to play, but i'm not so fast clearing etc... Not on maps yet, act 9 but I'v been enjoying to play this build.
Quick moves, more skills to use in little time, have to keep attacking to stay alive :)
And I think this is plus for me :)
"Required player's own mechanic, positioning, keeping fortify up etc."

Maybe I dont't have enough life or something, I get sniped quite often, but have done cruel labyrinth and using just your passivetree and skills - started with cobra lash and something else, had tabula and few leveling uniques that gave movement speed +30
Have died few times (29 checked ;), but it's not frustrating, well just maybe, on act 8 when Doedre killed me 8 times or so.
Got standard and cruel lab deathless (havn't done merc yet). Belly of the Beast (only four links) and point to Iron Reflexes for cruel lab, and no problem.

Just Started SSF this league - havn't done it seriously earlier, like mapping etc - so I could use all the currency etc. on items, well one doesn't have to trade anything, but the temptation is there, and maybe get more play time - Like, on trade league it takes me about 2 to 3 hours to find gear on store when starting mapping etc. Not that I would have to wait for someone to answer trade requests, that too, but I'm kinda slow 'combining items' for resists and all.
Finding cards, rares, uniques is now more satisfying because you can't just buy them :) And if I want to play with friend I can migrate, but I'v enjoyed, at least for now :D

Your guide is great, not too much information, skills and passivetree etc. everything needed to know, easy to start playing, not too much info to remember - I can't say it better :) I like it!

Well I'd like to know what Pantheons you recommend for 'regular gameplay', I'v used Soul of Lunaris and - Ryslatha and change when needed.

Oh wow, it's my first guide ever and I didn't expect such detailed answer, really appreciate your opinions and thoughts about the guide and the whole playstyle.

Yea I would say it still requires some gear to feel better and having more links will gives you quite a lot of improvement in terms of QoL and clear, single target dmg etc. Hope you'll have more enjoyable moments with this build in later stage. I'll say getting Tribal Fury on amulet will be your game changer imo.

For the SSF part, I do think that SSF will make your 'game life' longer for the league. I quit this league like after 1 month or so since I've done pretty much everything like 159 atlas bonus, 36 challenges, uber elder, mastermind, aul etc. Since I have a guild and like to play with them, it seems that I can't enjoy SSF myself but still, it's good to know what it feels like from you :D

For Pantheons, if your HP is not that high and get stunned quite often, Soul of Brine King is a great choice, otherwise, I'll use Lunaris for general mapping. Minor god is your own preference I guess, I'll use Shakari for poison immune and Yugul when I need to do uber elder for mitigating some cold dmg.
What about Hall of Grandmasters, can this build beat it?
Hello
Any Tips on which passive skills i should level first ? :)
Well, shit, now i know what i'm playing next league xd
10/10 build right here folks!

"
Ixiah wrote:
Hello
Any Tips on which passive skills i should level first ? :)

Get Assassination and Revenge of the Hunted, then get Claws of the Magpie for the leech and the adjacent life nodes, work your way down to Iron Reflexes picking the Growing Agony jewel socket and then damage and health nodes as you see fit, then get the Golem Blood nodes and fill out the rest of the tree. Do NOT get Perfect Agony early, since it will actually lower your damage, because early on you'll have low crit and poison application and you'll be relying mostly on hits for your damage and not the degen from the poison stacks.
For ascendancy points it'd take Noxious Strikes > Mistwalker > Toxic Delivery > Opportunistic. You could take Toxic Delivery before Mistwalker if you feel you need more damage than survivability, but with the absurd damage of Plague Bearer speeding your clear up i'd take Mistwalker.

p.s. if you're having mana issues and don't want to run a mana flask or a Praxis ring - get Essence Sap, it's ridiculous mana sustain and you can always spec out of it when you start doing enough damage for Soul Raker to keep your mana going.
And if you're curious about amulet anoints - Tribal Fury or Corruption are the best options.
Last edited by machopi on Dec 2, 2019, 8:21:58 AM
Is this build viable in 3.9/3.10?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info