Is Blight Playable on Console?

I have been hesitant to start a Blight character because I assumed the towers would be a tremendous headache on console. Picking up loot is already clunky enough and I just assumed it wasn't going to be a good league for us. Any opinions on the subject?
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2019, 4:34:43 AM
I really enjoy the mechanic using xbox one x. I haven't dared do a blight map though.
It's quite easy to upgrade the towers. Just go near them and press the left thumb stick.

However... The frame rate is terrible on Blight encounters in higher level maps. And Blighted maps are a bit better in terms of performance now after the 3.8.1 patch, but still drop to less than 1 frame per second.
"
Pandakak wrote:
It's quite easy to upgrade the towers. Just go near them and press the left thumb stick.

However... The frame rate is terrible on Blight encounters in higher level maps. And Blighted maps are a bit better in terms of performance now after the 3.8.1 patch, but still drop to less than 1 frame per second.

Are you playing on an x? I'm still playing an old Xbox and was thinking of maybe upgrading today.
I'm playing on an S, but I have ordered an X 2 days ago. I'm not sure if the frame rate will be much better though
It is playable to a degree... the last patch did improve upon it but the frame drops and the like are still present.

That said, I find that you can play the normal Blight Encounters you would find on the map, I've easily done the 8 lane challenge.

However, when it comes to Blight Maps itself... I managed to accomplish a White and Yellow tier Blight map. However, do note that due to the volume of loot some of it ends up going off screen, especially if it is near a wall. There is still definite slowdown occuring and frame drops, but since enemies die so quickly you're able to mitigate it to a degree.

However, it is a different story for red tier blight maps... I was able to play it to a degree but after a certain threshold due to the volume of monsters piling up, as they are stronger and have more mods, the FPS issues starts to rear its ugly head once more... Eventually I had the game crash... And while I was lucky that the Blight pump was not yet destroyed the amount of enemies that had already begun to pile up during my reboot made it impossible to finish the content...

Put simply the only way to prevent FPS drops is if you're able to clear out maps so quick that you're able to prevent a build up of mobs. This means really insane DPS and no deaths, since if you die those mobs pile up too quick and start to cause lag. While this is easily achievable on White and Yellow tier it does seems questionable on Red tier as things are far more hectic there by comparison.

Blight maps still need optimization... That would require less enemies down the line as the volume is still too much to handle decently for the console. It is quite a bummer really as it gates the content from being played.
Last edited by Chaplin1108 on Sep 21, 2019, 2:55:43 PM
"
Chaplin1108 wrote:
It is playable to a degree... the last patch did improve upon it but the frame drops and the like are still present.

That said, I find that you can play the normal Blight Encounters you would find on the map, I've easily done the 8 lane challenge.

However, when it comes to Blight Maps itself... I managed to accomplish a White and Yellow tier Blight map. However, do note that due to the volume of loot some of it ends up going off screen, especially if it is near a wall. There is still definite slowdown occuring and frame drops, but since enemies die so quickly you're able to mitigate it to a degree.

However, it is a different story for red tier blight maps... I was able to play it to a degree but after a certain threshold due to the volume of monsters piling up, as they are stronger and have more mods, the FPS issues starts to rear its ugly head once more... Eventually I had the game crash... And while I was lucky that the Blight pump was not yet destroyed the amount of enemies that had already begun to pile up during my reboot made it impossible to finish the content...

Put simply the only way to prevent FPS drops is if you're able to clear out maps so quick that you're able to prevent a build up of mobs. This means really insane DPS and no deaths, since if you die those mobs pile up too quick and start to cause lag. While this is easily achievable on White and Yellow tier it does seems questionable on Red tier as things are far more hectic there by comparison.

Blight maps still need optimization... That would require less enemies down the line as the volume is still too much to handle decently for the console. It is quite a bummer really as it gates the content from being played.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I'll just stick to Standard league atm. I already seem to have more lag than some others. I'm located in a state that's pretty far away from the nearest server and lag is always a problem in dense maps.
Last edited by pbfloyd2112 on Sep 21, 2019, 8:19:11 PM
Regular mapping blight encounters are playable (even if portals are still spawning on top of the pump) but you'll experience some frame drops similar to popping the pylon on legion.

Blighted maps are not playable on ps4 and I cannot stress that enough. I have tried a few blight maps now, first a T1 that rare with 3 mods and oiled to slow down packs. Nothing crazy. First minute or 2 are fine, frames hold up and it is smooth...... Then come the big packs and there go all your frames.

I kid you not I just stood in a corner on turret mode spamming pots without the slightest idea what was happening because I'd receive a frame every 4-5 seconds. Just shooting in the direction that I know there are portals and hoping for the best. By the grace of kitava and blind luck I completed the map.
(Before patch)

(After patch)
Tried a similar set up on a T2 this time and I was feeling spicy so I added some pack size. Again, first minute or 2 are smooth sailing but then everything froze, tower got 1 shotted from an invisible enemy and I just fell over dead.

The frame loss means it is impossible to build towers after the first minute or 2. Completely defeating the purpose of the league.

I always want to be positive and praise the changes that have worked but I'm really struggling this time...
LOL, with all the slowdown with just 4 and 5 lane encounters, I can't imagine doing an 8 lane or blight map. Pretty sure my ps4 will explode

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info