[3.8] Health Regen Spectre Summoner 8.5K HP 3K+ HPS

"
IdleAltruism wrote:

I'm running something pretty similar to you, except I use a Rotting Legion 6L and I'm not nearly as dedicated to getting regen on gear. I've got 7.7k life and something like 1,500 regen. I could easily get 8k by switching out my juju amulet, and I'm currently trying to craft a life recovery belt.

Overall, I've smashed everything. Uber Elder doesn't stand a chance, can easily do deathless.

There seems to be enough interest in this build that I'll probably be doing the full write-up later today, and I'd love to hear from other people who are doing something similar to see what they are doing where there are areas for improvement in my build!

I haven't done Uber yet, I kind of figured it would be quite easy, but that's great to hear!
The biggest difference in our builds, besides me using a 7L instead of Kaom's, is that I don't use Necromantic Aegis. I manually grant frenzy charges to my minions with Avatar of Fire, Ball lightning with a curse on hit (inside faster casting gloves for the ball lightning and flesh offering). I used the extra points to head down the left side of the tree to pick up Righteous Army and the life/jewels there. I have combat stamina anointed because it was really cheap.
Last edited by IdleAltruism on Sep 15, 2019, 4:35:10 PM
I really do appreciate the efforts of you guys... finally someone who doesn't shout, "Oh lookie here, 50 gazillion Shaper deeps," in their thread title.

I'm also focusing on tankiness with my Flame Golementalist. Now, I'm not using Kaom's Heart but Belly instead, I don't use Vitality/Watcher's Eye, don't have an Elder Leather Belt (yet) and still missing the Boots enchant... I'm at 9k life, 2.1k life regen per sec and capped at 90% phys dmg reduction and I must say it feels just comfy. Boots enchant and Elder Belt should get me close to 3k as well (or even 4k if I dump one Harmony and Zealotry in favour of Vitality and WE).

Most summoners running around for dear life like headless chicken... well, let them. I'd rather be stomping the ground like poor aul T-Rex in Jurassic Park. ;)

P.S. I'm playing in STD but if I had the choice I'd anoint my Amulet with Soul of Steel.
"
tomay wrote:
I really do appreciate the efforts of you guys... finally someone who doesn't shout, "Oh lookie here, 50 gazillion Shaper deeps," in their thread title.

I'm also focusing on tankiness with my Flame Golementalist. Now, I'm not using Kaom's Heart but Belly instead, I don't use Vitality/Watcher's Eye, don't have an Elder Leather Belt (yet) and still missing the Boots enchant... I'm at 9k life, 2.1k life regen per sec and capped at 90% phys dmg reduction and I must say it feels just comfy. Boots enchant and Elder Belt should get me close to 3k as well (or even 4k if I dump one Harmony and Zealotry in favour of Vitality and WE).

Most summoners running around for dear life like headless chicken... well, let them. I'd rather be stomping the ground like poor aul T-Rex in Jurassic Park. ;)

P.S. I'm playing in STD but if I had the choice I'd anoint my Amulet with Soul of Steel.

So I've been deciding between 3 anointments - Righteous Army (currently using because it's cheap and gives a ton of stats), Soul of Steel and Heart of Oak.

I'm very curious about your physical damage reduction! I've been looking for more in my build! To the point where I'm even doing +1 minimum endurance charge on rings, which I think is quite underutilized from what I see. If you don't have endurance charge generation +12% pseudo elemental resists and 4% physical damage reduction? Yes please! :D
"
tomay wrote:

I can get around 4mil shaper DPS without using an optimal setup (I don't usually use Conc effect, etc). Why I'd ever need more than that I'm not sure, but I can easily get more.
"
Gutum731 wrote:
I'm very curious about your physical damage reduction! I've been looking for more in my build!

No big secret really... it's all about the "obscene" Golem Buff effect in the revamped Elemantalist ascendancy. With my 10 Golems I get 570% effect so my Chaos Golem grants me a whopping 33.5% phys dmg reduction rather than the measly 4 or 5% the golem offers "out of the box.".

(Stone Golem grants 931.3 life regen per sec, Lightning Golem grants 74% incr att/cast speed ... mind-boggling figures really)

"
Gutum731 wrote:
To the point where I'm even doing +1 minimum endurance charge on rings, which I think is quite underutilized from what I see.:D

Yea, that helps a lot too... ;)

So all that amounts to a total of 80% for me and "overcapped" with

Last edited by tomay on Sep 15, 2019, 7:26:33 PM
Added Uber Lab run in video section.
---------------------------------------------------

"
IdleAltruism wrote:
"
tomay wrote:

I can get around 4mil shaper DPS without using an optimal setup (I don't usually use Conc effect, etc). Why I'd ever need more than that I'm not sure, but I can easily get more.

That's my thinking coming into this build, and it's held true. Even with all the defense focus and not optimizing my damage - not once have I been like "I really could have used more damage."
Guide written, will upload more videos and go into more details later, that's enough writing for the night though. :p

Let me know if you guys see anything wrong or missing, I'm sure I made more than one mistake :p
Last edited by Gutum731 on Sep 15, 2019, 11:03:23 PM
Your resistances don't seem capped (even with the 30% from Bone Barrier and 8% from two charges I count 67/71/105), am I missing something?

Don't see anything wrong really, looking very solid. But I'm "missing" multi-mod on that amulet of yours, there'd still be room for another suffix, for example "+1 to minimum Endurance Charges" for another 4% phys dmg reduction and 4% all res. (If I'm right about your resstances, craft 20 cold/fire res on your helmet your resistances should ba capped)

A lvl 21 Stone Golem gem should be cheap thanks to The Rite of Elements Divination Card.

You can gain even more life regen temporarily, 3% during flask effect, 2% when hit from boots enchant which amounts to 7% with the increases from belt and WE.

Minor improvements but every little helps, right? ;)
Last edited by tomay on Sep 16, 2019, 6:49:28 AM
"
tomay wrote:
Your resistances don't seem capped (even with the 30% from Bone Barrier and 8% from two charges I count 67/71/105), am I missing something?

Are you looking in POB or just adding everything up from the gear? I didn't post every jewel I'm using in the gear section, just examples of what to look for. My resists are currently 79/83/91.

"
tomay wrote:
Don't see anything wrong really, looking very solid. But I'm "missing" multi-mod on that amulet of yours, there'd still be room for another suffix

Very right! Like I had mentioned at the end though, I have other builds I want to try to make this league and I don't know that I can justify that investment for such a small bonus. Ideally I would just buy a better amulet, but I had to craft this one due to the lack of marble amulets for sale. I think the problem is that they aren't overly sought after, I could be wrong, but you just don't see a ton.

"
tomay wrote:
A lvl 21 Stone Golem gem should be cheap thanks to The Rite of Elements Divination Card.

Very cheap, my issue was with dex. The difference seemed minor enough to me that I didn't chase down the extra to get the level 21. I'll probably make this change though so people don't get confused.

"
tomay wrote:
You can gain even more life regen temporarily, 3% during flask effect, 2% when hit from boots enchant which amounts to 7% with the increases from belt and WE.

Regarding the boots, I added the +1.5% to the boots in PoB. I farmed in for a bit and have been unlucky, then just started running uber lab and couldn't bring myself to not enchant helms for currency :p From what I can tell Uber Lab sucks today so I might go back and try for the 1.5% again.

The belt you are definitely right about as well (I just completely missed that craft)! I'll take a look at making that change and updating accordingly once I get home from work.

Thank you for your response and suggestions! I really appreciate people taking the time to look at ways to improve on things I missed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info