[3.11] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - All content - League Starter

[/quote]

1 poison has certain amount of Chaos damage that has to deal in certain time frame by default.
If you just expand the time you spread that amount of Chaos damage that stayed the same over longer duration. You basically diluted the poison so to speak. xD
PoB agrees :P

On the tree you have nodes with "poisons you inflict deal damage 5% faster". Temp Chains would do the opposite.[/quote]

According to the wiki on temp chains though; "Damage over time debuffs will expire more slowly, but will cause the same amount of damage per second they normally would."

So that would actually mean more damage, if the enemy lives long enough, right?
Or am I missing something crucial.

Edit: Checked source;
So would the mob actually end up taking more damage or is it just the same amount of damage being applied slower?
It will take more damage. Time passing slower for the buff only affects when it thinks it's duration is up. The rate of damage is a stat that is set on the debuffed enemy.
Last edited by Scorpio_ASC on Sep 16, 2019, 6:57:39 PM
"
Scorpio_ASC wrote:

According to the wiki on temp chains though; "Damage over time debuffs will expire more slowly, but will cause the same amount of damage per second they normally would."

So that would actually mean more damage, if the enemy lives long enough, right?
Or am I missing something crucial.

Edit: Checked source;
So would the mob actually end up taking more damage or is it just the same amount of damage being applied slower?
It will take more damage. Time passing slower for the buff only affects when it thinks it's duration is up. The rate of damage is a stat that is set on the debuffed enemy.


The thing is that's kinda badly written. Yeah, they do same amount of dps but that second is "stretched" when you have Temp Chains on you.

You can see from the Legion videos from Grimro where he wore a HH and had Temp Chains on him. His buffs are numerically the same length as w/o TC but 1sec on the counter lasts like 1.5 or 2.

I'm pretty sure i'm right. PoB says the same thing, single poison dps in real time gets lowered.
I can test it tomorrow in PvP.

edit:
Just that. Same amount of damage applied slower, which concludes less dps.
dmg/s=dps > dmg/(s+1)=dps
3.11💀 Death Angel /view-thread/2784358 *3.10 🔨Icebreaker /view-thread/2686278
3.11 Ultimate Poison Pathfinder /view-thread/2639074
3.11 Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
3.10 Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
3.10 Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Sep 16, 2019, 8:13:15 PM
Yea I get what you mean, tho the way Mark_GGG writes it, as I understand it,is that, the Debuff dot applies as a fixed damage per second, based on your original damage and poison duration, then temp chain takes that same dps you did and actually prolongs it, not streches it. If i knew how to test it lol I would, please post your results :)
ya because temp chain has always been used with poison builds in the pass, looking at the assassin forum those poison builds also all prefer temp chains, multiple sources said it keeps the same poison tick damage but extend the duration, making stacking poison easier
"
Scorpio_ASC wrote:
Yea I get what you mean, tho the way Mark_GGG writes it, as I understand it,is that, the Debuff dot applies as a fixed damage per second, based on your original damage and poison duration, then temp chain takes that same dps you did and actually prolongs it, not streches it. If i knew how to test it lol I would, please post your results :)


"
sivertry wrote:
ya because temp chain has always been used with poison builds in the pass, looking at the assassin forum those poison builds also all prefer temp chains, multiple sources said it keeps the same poison tick damage but extend the duration, making stacking poison easier


Hi guys, I did the testing, aaaand it's pretty inconclusive.

First off, original claim from the Wiki sticks, to a point.

Temp Chains just affects the duration of effect, it shouldn't change the dps. So in theory you would get more total dps with it. Made small scale PoB just to see does it match and it did. You can see that in here https://pastebin.com/2RiKcb0Y just by turning on and off TC. Single poison dps doesn't change and total dps is higher with it.

testing video
https://youtu.be/AxixmY50GHA

I timed the DoT rate several times and with TC it's hard to tell.
PoB shows that it lowers the dps with my build.
https://pastebin.com/kGuHfKit (also turn on/off TC)

I'm not sure what's in the middle of this. Must be that TC interacts in negative way with some passives from the tree.

I saw all 3 Assassin builds with Venom Gyre and they are all bad tbh. They are all scaled the wrong way with unrealistic "Total DPS with Poison" and some other flaws.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend using TC with this build unless you want it as a defensive layer. To get that longer effect of TC you would have to be in medium range all the time. It's not reliable and in general you want things to die faster and be less engaged.
What I wanted to achieve is a fast acting poison (highest single poison dps) that doesn't have 10-15 sec duration time. I explained why it's bad on the main page. It's also bad for the clear speed.
3.11💀 Death Angel /view-thread/2784358 *3.10 🔨Icebreaker /view-thread/2686278
3.11 Ultimate Poison Pathfinder /view-thread/2639074
3.11 Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
3.10 Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
3.10 Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Sep 17, 2019, 2:35:46 PM
still got 4 gemslots left to play with any ideas?(6+4+4+3+3+4?)
"
Headlin3r wrote:
still got 4 gemslots left to play with any ideas?(6+4+4+3+3+4?)


My oh my, how i missed that?!? :D

Ill get back to you, need to see what could work best.
3.11💀 Death Angel /view-thread/2784358 *3.10 🔨Icebreaker /view-thread/2686278
3.11 Ultimate Poison Pathfinder /view-thread/2639074
3.11 Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
3.10 Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
3.10 Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
Thanks my man the build is awesome fun :D
"
Headlin3r wrote:
Thanks my man the build is awesome fun :D


Ty! :D

I had 3rd 4L in the PoB just forgot to write it down in the gem section. Anyway it's updated now. I also added Plague Bearer. Skill is op, nice damage and clear speed boost!
3.11💀 Death Angel /view-thread/2784358 *3.10 🔨Icebreaker /view-thread/2686278
3.11 Ultimate Poison Pathfinder /view-thread/2639074
3.11 Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
3.10 Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
3.10 Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
thank you very much my man. Back on the grind :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info