Introducing the Salvage Box

Lets be realistic here. Are people gonna think like "I need to buy more loot boxes so I can feed them into salvage boxes so I can buy innocence wings for a million dollars instead of 32 dollars?" Well no.

Are ANY problem gamblers who chase one item in a loot box to the point of having dupes of almost every other item, just to have it 3 months earlier, gonna gamble significantly more because of this salvage box? Unlikely, I guess a few might feel compelled to gamble away ALL their duplicates but as many 30 point boxes as it takes to max out one 30 point salvage box, even those people would maybe gamble... 5 percent more. One ish extra loot box per 20 they'd already have bought due to the old system. OHMYGODTHENDOFTHEWORLD.

I think the actual point of this is similar to the lootbox giveaways that people actually like. By giving people who already spent a lot a SURPRISE 250 point MTX at 220 points off, GGG is hoping some of them will like the surprise MTX and thus buy the rest of the set (not even in a lootbox, just buy).

So, what does this say about the people whining here and threatening boycots? Are they all just good people who are really, really serious about protecting a small number of problem gamblers from spending maybe 5% more? Or could it be they actually just want more free shit and get their surprise at 250 off, not just the measly 220?

I wonder. To be fair, the whining might very well work as making it entirely free would still fulfill that purpose I mentioned.
What a disgusting announcement. Something like this should be free, not paid.
at this point i rly hope that GGG's lootboxes and this roulett shit box wil finally be considered gambling just because GGG has no competitor in the ARPG market they think they can get away with everything

GGG has always said that loot boxes were popular. This wouldn't have happened if loot boxes weren't so popular.

Stop buying loot boxes, people. You keep encouraging this sort of thing when you do. Everyone who "tested" this box because they had tons of dupes from loot boxes or are complaining about this box because they are being charged to use it to ditch all their duplicate loot box loot are people who brought loot boxes that encouraged GGG to go down this route in the first place! So please stop.
Last edited by TiamatRoar on Sep 11, 2019, 12:21:31 AM
Not deterministic = not worth bothering with, no matter how many stacks of fireworks I have.

It should return 80% of an MTX's current cost as points that can then be spent as I wish... not tossing something in and getting one of a thousand random results...
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Not deterministic = not worth bothering with, no matter how many stacks of fireworks I have.

It should return 80% of an MTX's current cost as points that can then be spent as I wish... not tossing something in and getting one of a thousand random results...

^ So much this...

Cant wait to see people salvaging 50 dupes to gain back 20 exact same mtx as dupes lol...
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Sep 11, 2019, 12:12:50 AM
this is too much.. first paying to get dublicates then paying the same amount too reroll it, wtf, this service should be free. what a load of BS.
A wise choice to scrap it.
Thank you for taking some time to rethink this idea. I still hope we can do something with our duplicates from other supporting boxes and everything the past several years.
It seems you are unable to get Duplicate parts, atleast when you are sacrificing parts to get garaunteed rare + chance, ive opened about 20 boxes, and have received 20 pieces of gear/wings/portals/weapon effects i dont yet own, and i own approximately 50+ of each slot. Could be chance, but it seems you are unable to get parts that you already own AT the cost of requiring you to sacrifice your duplicates to get decent loot.

IF <<< you cannot get duplicates,i believe it is worth, This is their only source of income for a game That supports A large player base and releases new content not in the form of "expansions", but instead to bring their players back and "choose" to purchase supporter packs.

IF <<< you can get duplicates its just repeating everything, and you will make your player base both depressed and angry thus driving them away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info