[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
zhenyaowen wrote:
Hey,I've got all my gears and the build works!

Currently, my VD mana cost is 112, which can't trigger CWDT on every cast. (But it's fine)

The gem link is: Arcane Surge-Combustion-Concentrated Effect-Immolate-Intensify-Spell cascade-VD

Is there any gem that I should change? Do I need to adjust the mana cost? (higher or lower?)

Definitely need to get that mana cost up. I would swap Immolate for Controlled Destruction as it is more damage and a high multiplier.

A higher level VD will also increase cost.

Get rid of the mana cost reduction nodes.

this should get you to 144 mana cost (if memory serves) with a level 20 VD, 21 goes up a little more.

132 is the minimum with no phys mitigation at all. So we want to be a little higher.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

132 is the minimum with no phys mitigation at all. So we want to be a little higher.

I added Fevered Mind in to the Passive Tree, the mana cost is 234 now (at VD level 16). Is 200+ mana cost too much? As it will degen the Energy shield much faster, thus less sustain against monsters.

Btw, I don't really have any phys mitigation. Does it mean that 132 is good?

Last edited by zhenyaowen on Sep 13, 2019, 1:13:49 AM
"
zhenyaowen wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I added Fevered Mind in to the Passive Tree, the mana cost is 234 now (at VD level 16). Is 200+ mana cost too much? As it will degen the Energy shield much faster, thus less sustain against monsters.

Btw, I don't really have any phys mitigation. Does it mean that 132 is good?

I'm running with 210 mana cost and it's fine. But less cost will mean more ES recovery, higher cost means you can get more phys mitigation without breaking it. but eats up a jewel slot in the process.

for perspective.
150 mana costs deals 600 damage per cast
200 deals 800 per cast

That's a difference of about 1000ES recovered per second.

But you can achieve the same thing with 200 mana cost and 25% physical damage reduction...and have teh advantage of phys reduction. Jsut have to get it somewhere.

132 is teh *bare* minimum with 0 mitigation anywhere. try to get at least a little higher.
If you could look into my Character that would be a great help! Name is: "BEEfittingSummonerName". Its a fun build but it feels like i will be missing Damage when i reach T10+ Maps, especially Guardiians. Do I miss anything atm or do i just have to keep leveling the gems? ( I also need to respec a few Passive skill points). Thanks a lot in advance.
Last edited by lilibutanamiss1 on Sep 13, 2019, 7:07:25 AM
How to solve problem with elemental reflect?
"
PoEAcc1312 wrote:
How to solve problem with elemental reflect?

don't do it? lol
"
If you could look into my Character that would be a great help! Name is: "BEEfittingSummonerName". Its a fun build but it feels like i will be missing Damage when i reach T10+ Maps, especially Guardiians. Do I miss anything atm or do i just have to keep leveling the gems? ( I also need to respec a few Passive skill points). Thanks a lot in advance.

Best thing you can do is to get a 6L chest, or even better (but probably more costly) get a 7L Staff with Arcane Surge Support
Hey, loving your build idea, was planning to do pretty much the same thing but it's nice having someone actually playing it to get inspiration and advice from :)

Is the Clarity Watcher's Eye Mod alone enough to sustain Mana? I was also gonna pick up Battle Rouse (8% Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit) and potentially some Mana regen nodes on the tree since the Miner Version I played before was insanely mana hungry. It seems like you don't seem to have any issues with it though so I'd love hear what you think how much is enough!
"
CPUfreak007 wrote:
Hey, loving your build idea, was planning to do pretty much the same thing but it's nice having someone actually playing it to get inspiration and advice from :)

Is the Clarity Watcher's Eye Mod alone enough to sustain Mana? I was also gonna pick up Battle Rouse (8% Damage taken gained as Mana over 4 seconds when Hit) and potentially some Mana regen nodes on the tree since the Miner Version I played before was insanely mana hungry. It seems like you don't seem to have any issues with it though so I'd love hear what you think how much is enough!

You can get by with insane mana regen (How I started this build). It just takes some investment from the tree. That said, the watcher's eye alone is plenty in combination with Essence Glutton Ascendancy. The hardest part is actually having TOO much regen when you get up to too high of a cast speed and start hitting yourself unmitigated. Solved this by reserving almost all of my mana.

But yeah, I ran Battle Rouse enchant on amulet for a while and I have 4% on ring (rank 1 booo). If you invest into the mana nodes on tree you can run MoM at the cost of some damage (dropping anger) but I don't find it needed.

Watcher's Eye super convenient. Haha
Hey there :3

Thank you a lot for the build. I'm Having a really good time with it. I've started the league as frostblades but was planing to play VD since i've seen the necro revamp.

Uber lab at lvl 65 was pog. Haha

Today i've got a few good upgrades on my gear. Got a 6L regalia, Clarity watcher's eye. My next step is to craft a 7L staff multmod. But i'm poor atm.

Would you mind to take a look at my character and see if i've done anything wrong? I'm at 196 mana cost atm.

Again... thank you so much. The build is insane. It's just a matter of time till a Streamer try something like that R.i.p Bugdet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info