[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
blo927 wrote:
Hey man, this build seems so much fun. But I am currently struggling leveling. Any advice?

Put spell cascade on desecrate and use Spell Cascade with Volatile Dead

also use volatile dead instead of DD. :)

Combustion and Ele Focus don't mesh well together, so drop Ele focus (keep leveling the gem though) and put in Spell cascade.

Oh yes; ) Thank you dude Keep up the good work:)

"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Watcher's Eye with ES on Hit while affected by Discipline if you can afford it.
Rare amulet with Life+ES and Fire leech
Rare Crystal or Stygian Vise belt with Life+ES+Res

Eventually replace RStrides with rare boots. They are perfectly fine though.

Since you have rare chest with 7L you COULD use 1H+Shield if you wanted to. Good weapon would probably be really expensive though and most likely less damage than Martyr but you can get great defenses from a shield.

So this is where i've ended up with after a week of shopping and tweaking from your advice. Things are a LOT smoother now.. Ive got 5200ES and 4400 life, DPS is plentiful even without herald of ash, ive just killed tier 15 Elder and about to take on Shaper and Uber Elder after that. Delving down at depth 200ish is easy as pie currently.

LOVE this build.. So tanky and so smooth and ssoo much fun! I started the league with your Vortex/Cold Snap trickster and moved to this after i got to a point where i needed to invest serious currency to progress the trickster and this is SSOO much smoother and tankier.. I guess my last 1/3 of the league will be moving this build into the crit based tree and trying to min-max it a lot more...

thanks heaps for the guide mate..
"
Targwyn wrote:

So this is where i've ended up with after a week of shopping and tweaking from your advice. Things are a LOT smoother now.. Ive got 5200ES and 4400 life, DPS is plentiful even without herald of ash, ive just killed tier 15 Elder and about to take on Shaper and Uber Elder after that. Delving down at depth 200ish is easy as pie currently.

LOVE this build.. So tanky and so smooth and ssoo much fun! I started the league with your Vortex/Cold Snap trickster and moved to this after i got to a point where i needed to invest serious currency to progress the trickster and this is SSOO much smoother and tankier.. I guess my last 1/3 of the league will be moving this build into the crit based tree and trying to min-max it a lot more...

thanks heaps for the guide mate..

Very nice with the progress! I'm currently playing around in HC with this right now. Still in the acts so I can't really give any feedback yet, but it should be fun dying to lag. XD

One thing you can do when you switch to the crit tree is to Get a Cast While Channeling Supported Staff and take Cyclone+CWC for a spin. This is ultimately where I've landed on the build for end game as the mobility is very hard to beat. Going to (hopefully) test this with the HC character I'm leveling to see how she does on a modest budget.

I've already updated the guide away from the self cast version, though I plan to put a condensed "mini-guide" for it in the reserved post. more or less to avoid repeating myself too much as the differences between the two are minimal.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

You can follow the tree in that PoB link. Just ignore minion instability (where I was taking Glancing Blows from lethal pride). I highly recommend switching to the crit version as it really is at least 2-3x the damage, which is quite noticeable.

Hello!
So i've made the switch (https://pastebin.com/zbSiQqBd), but it felt really clunky. I think that my cyclone doesn't do enough damage to me, or i don't have enough mana cost for the VD. I have the clarity watcher's eye with 19% dmg gained as mana, but still only lasts me just a couple of spins. So i've gotten a mana flask - now there's no problem! xD

But regarding damage, any tips on how to get higher dps? My PoB shows a bit over 100k
L.E.: oh, and the AG has the budget gear
Last edited by MaDLy00 on Oct 24, 2019, 10:21:01 AM
"
MaDLy00 wrote:

So i've made the switch (https://pastebin.com/zbSiQqBd), but it felt really clunky. I think that my cyclone doesn't do enough damage to me, or i don't have enough mana cost for the VD. I have the clarity watcher's eye with 19% dmg gained as mana, but still only lasts me just a couple of spins. So i've gotten a mana flask - now there's no problem! xD

But regarding damage, any tips on how to get higher dps? My PoB shows a bit over 100k
L.E.: oh, and the AG has the budget gear

Hey I'm taking a look and some things you can do:

The main issue you're having is how low your crit chance currently is. To that end:

-Get a diamond flask

-CWC+Power Charge on Crit Staff will do wonders for you

-If you can't yet get the staff you can take out Ball Lightning (least impactful socket you have) and move spirit offering to that slot, then put assassin's mark (low level) in the CWD-Desecrate-Spell Cascade links. You have no power charge generation, so this will help a lot.

-I realize you play standard so amulet enchantments are probably really hard to get your hands on to anoint with Charging Offensive...So get a level 21 Specter Gem which allows you to have 3 specters, and go to act 7 ashen fields for a carnage chieftain to give you some frenzy charges. Act 6 Riverways for host chieftain is another way to get power charges too.

-ES chest with T1 spell crit. This is fairly obtainable and will boost your crit by a LOT (also when choosing a prefix to craft onto the chest, 10% of max life as extra ES is BiS)

-Can try getting a pair of doedre's malevolence with spells have .5-.8% crit chance.

Hope this helps!
Nice Guy, nice build :)
keep up the good work
Hello guys!

Very fun build and thanks for the guide.

Would it be worth to craft 20% chance to deal double damage and 6 link this staff

or not??
"
MrWay wrote:
Hello guys!

Would it be worth to craft 20% chance to deal double damage and 6 link this staff

or not??

6L yes that's definitely worth 6 linking.

As for the double damage mod, the bench craft only goes up to 10%. I would honestly go for attack speed bench craft for faster triggers on CWDT. Can test it with a lower tier roll to see how you like it. It's especially noticeable if you have phys mitigation.

You could also scour the suffixes (Craft 'prefixes cannot be changed' then scour) and multimod it for higher spell crit, fire damage to spells and attack speed, crit multi, or 10% double damage.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Oct 25, 2019, 2:55:58 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
MrWay wrote:
Hello guys!

or not??

6L yes that's definitely worth 6 linking.

As for the double damage mod, the bench craft only goes up to 10%. I would honestly go for attack speed bench craft for faster triggers on CWDT. Can test it with a lower tier roll to see how you like it. It's especially noticeable if you have phys mitigation.

You could also scour the suffixes (Craft 'prefixes cannot be changed' then scour) and multimod it for higher spell crit, fire damage to spells and attack speed, crit multi, or 10% double damage.

Thanks for the tips; i´ll 6L it for now until i have some currency to multimod. I didn´t know that "prefixes cannot be changed" would keep them even if you scour the item. I´ll go for that in the future for sure.

About the bench craft i´ll try the attack speed; i hope it doesn´t make me have mana issues. Btw what do you mean when you say "it´s specially noticeable if i have phys mitigation? do you mean a flask?
"
MrWay wrote:

Thanks for the tips; i´ll 6L it for now until i have some currency to multimod. I didn´t know that "prefixes cannot be changed" would keep them even if you scour the item. I´ll go for that in the future for sure.

About the bench craft i´ll try the attack speed; i hope it doesn´t make me have mana issues. Btw what do you mean when you say "it´s specially noticeable if i have phys mitigation? do you mean a flask?

I have Animate Guardian with Kingmaker which gives me fortify. 25% increased Aura Effect on me from chest makes that 25% reduced damage from hit.

I have 4 endurance charges with is also 16% physical mitigation

So I take less damage from my cyclone per cast so having faster attack speed makes it not matter.

As for mana sustain, I cover it in the guide but the easy way to do it is to use an Enduring Mana Flask:

Or get a lot of the %Damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info