[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Gryphenprey wrote:

I have actually considered an Animate guardian with Kingslayer for these very reasons. I did not consider using a Solaris Lorica though, that's some sweet tech.

Main Reason I haven't is just the Socket space required to use him with some links. I'd likely want Meat Shield linked to him and also to fit a Convocation into a CWDT setup somewhere. I can try testing a more typical "cheap" AG to see how he survives my T16 maps and Elder fights.

The culling does work, and the 50% Crit multiplier is also very nice.

One thing with Fortify is you need to make sure your self damage is high enough to proc CWDT through the mitigation.

Good points. Finding 3 slots is definitely a bit more challenging. It almost requires replacing flammability curse on hit with assassin's mark proc (or some other curse proc from vaaling gloves for instance), using the "CWDT - Wave of Conviction - Combustion" option. If the guardian is linked as well, he will also get combustion procs. Then you can add "Convocation - Animate guardian - Meat shield" to the chest.

Really good point about fortify. My current 7-linked 21 Volatile dead costs 158 mana, which with Fortify would deal me 158 * 4 *0.8 =~ 505 damage per cast, which is lower than the 528 required to proc. Maybe adding fevered mind back may be worth it.

If you try it, please let us know how it goes.
"
danrbr wrote:

Good points. Finding 3 slots is definitely a bit more challenging. It almost requires replacing flammability curse on hit with assassin's mark proc (or some other curse proc from vaaling gloves for instance), using the "CWDT - Wave of Conviction - Combustion" option. If the guardian is linked as well, he will also get combustion procs. Then you can add "Convocation - Animate guardian - Meat shield" to the chest.

Really good point about fortify. My current 7-linked 21 Volatile dead costs 158 mana, which with Fortify would deal me 158 * 4 *0.8 =~ 505 damage per cast, which is lower than the 528 required to proc. Maybe adding fevered mind back may be worth it.

If you try it, please let us know how it goes.

It's funny you mention the curse on hit setup. I have actually dropped those links in favor of

As for boosting mana cost, I have been wearing Kalisa's Grace for a while because the crit boost is so big. That said it means my gloves are not covering any resists so I have swapped to

So that I can use:

This was a decision I made after getting my hands on

With the new flask replacing my Diamond Flask I have 93.5% Crit chance with Voidbringer. Previously 100%. And it's fine. The damage is absurd and with Rumi's I have 75/52 block.

Something worth noting with the AG. I ran a Hydra with Solaris Lorica, Dying Breath, Victario's Flight, and a Geofri's Crest Helm (for some res) and he survived no problem on no links. That said I had to drop Bone Offering (21/21 block for me) from my setup to make it work. As soon as I went back that setup he died. Lol.

There has been discussion before about adding AG and some utility specters (Proximity shield in particular looks juicy) but it's mostly an issue of socket space. For me I like spamming things like purifying flame and having the extra block chance from my Bone offering Setup.

But to make it work I'd have to:

Drop Purifying Flame and Bone Offering
Move Spirit Offering to Desecrate 4L CWDT and drop that CWDT link.

This would give me an open 3L for Animated Guardian (Flame Dash in 4th Link)
I'd still want a convocation in CWDT somewhere but I wouldn't know what to drop at that point.

Best bet I think would be to move Flame Dash to my helmet instead of enlighten and respecc into Sovereignty cluster and have the 4L be:

Animated Guardian - Meat Shield
CWDT - Convocation

And that'd probably be fine.
Hey here is the Pob of my current Ci version of the build
https://pastebin.com/0VHSRdyb
Items are still beeing worked on the the dmg can be improved on.
Last edited by Ragsharos on Oct 5, 2019, 2:57:58 PM
Oppsie
Last edited by Ragsharos on Oct 5, 2019, 3:01:00 PM
Hey Gryphen,

I'm back to play this again, with a crit staff, just leveled another wich to 70. here's the issue...
Can you tell me why it may be that I'd have only 68 mana left after Anger, Disc and Herald of Ash? That's with enlighten level 4...Not enough to cast Volatile Dead. I can't figure out what I'm missing.
"
Hey Gryphen,

I'm back to play this again, with a crit staff, just leveled another wich to 70. here's the issue...
Can you tell me why it may be that I'd have only 68 mana left after Anger, Disc and Herald of Ash? That's with enlighten level 4...Not enough to cast Volatile Dead. I can't figure out what I'm missing.

You need to take the Sovereignty Cluster. 14% mana reserve. That should fix that right up.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Hey Gryphen,

You need to take the Sovereignty Cluster. 14% mana reserve. That should fix that right up.

I mean, that would be my logical thought, but looking at your Witch, you don't take it, so I was baffled, trying to figure out how you could be managing without it, but I have to take it

Edit: your helm corruption! I see, thanks lol
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 5, 2019, 4:39:00 PM
Hows about Spell Cascade vs Spell Echo? The guide says Spell Cascade, but you're using Spell Echo.

Pros /cons?
"
Hows about Spell Cascade vs Spell Echo? The guide says Spell Cascade, but you're using Spell Echo.

Pros /cons?

Use Spell cascade until you do Uber lab. Then Spell Echo will feel better. Easier on performance and similar damage overall. Always makes 6 balls per cast vs 6-7 on cascade. Echo also doesn't come with AOE penalty and the damage penalty is much less.
thanks

On a side note, I had a crit multi+ life leech anger watchers eye, and I traded it in so to speak for life leech + ES on hit. I'm sad to give up the huge source of crit multi but the build feels REALLY good with the ES on hit mod.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Oct 5, 2019, 5:22:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info