[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

What a great little build this turned out to be. Got bored of spectres and have always like VD plus I had the mtx so I tried this out. Really really fun. Only 81 but crushing everything so far.

Personal build note: I had to spec out of Insightfulness because the reduced mana cost was making me skip casts.

Also, would you recommend going for a better chest or say a ES on hit/Anger Watcher's eye?

Thanks in advance for any advice, and for the great guide and help throughout. Cheers.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
What a great little build this turned out to be. Got bored of spectres and have always like VD plus I had the mtx so I tried this out. Really really fun. Only 81 but crushing everything so far.

Personal build note: I had to spec out of Insightfulness because the reduced mana cost was making me skip casts.

Also, would you recommend going for a better chest or say a ES on hit/Anger Watcher's eye?

Thanks in advance for any advice, and for the great guide and help throughout. Cheers.

If you can afford it I would always suggest getting the ES on hit Watcher's Eye since you have the 6L CWDT setup already. The amount of extra defense it provides will outperform a better chest.

then get a better chest :P
Hey, would you recommend I try to get ES gear even when I'm running the Life based build? I might respect into the hybrid one later when I get more currency.
"
Mathue24 wrote:
Hey, would you recommend I try to get ES gear even when I'm running the Life based build? I might respect into the hybrid one later when I get more currency.

ES gear will always be good here. Especially if you are going to respecc anyways.

I am heavily considering dropping the "Life based" variant altogether as even as a life-focused build you will have 2-3k ES.

The biggest issue with the hybrid is having enough chaos res really. I have 59% though so chaos damage barely even tickles at this point. haha

Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 18, 2019, 3:24:02 PM
What is a great budget option for an early armor is a 6L Infernal Mantle u already get them for 30c now. It delivers high ES +some dmg boost.

Also on the Con side I think you should mention that it is quite hard to see what is going on. The bombardment is rly fun to look at, but can get hard for new players that dont know the encounters well. You recognize that u are standing in "something" by slowly to very fast dying ^^
IGN: Dunkellicht
"
blackdrain wrote:
What is a great budget option for an early armor is a 6L Infernal Mantle u already get them for 30c now. It delivers high ES +some dmg boost.

Also on the Con side I think you should mention that it is quite hard to see what is going on. The bombardment is rly fun to look at, but can get hard for new players that dont know the encounters well. You recognize that u are standing in "something" by slowly to very fast dying ^^

Ah yeah that's a good point about the visuals. And infernal mantle looks good on a budget if they are that cheap. I like it.

Also, 3.8.1 patch INCOOOOOMING!!!!!!!

Excited to see new VD AI.
Hi, I need your help, my helmet gems are not activated with a, cast when damage. I need to leave the gems on some level.
I haven't really seen the VD helm enchant discussed here or anywhere else (maybe I missed it?) - not a huge deal because VD enchanted Scold's don't even exist, but, would you want one with this build if it was an option? Or is the limiter corpses and the enchant wouldn't even do anything at the end of the day?
Last edited by JermStudDog on Sep 18, 2019, 6:57:04 PM
"
AlucardXXI wrote:
Hi, I need your help, my helmet gems are not activated with a, cast when damage. I need to leave the gems on some level.

Gems cannot exceed required level 38 for CWDT level 1.

The exception is your curse with the Curse on Hit Setup, make sure that is ABOVE required level 38.

"
JermStudDog wrote:
I haven't really seen the VD helm enchant discussed here or anywhere else (maybe I missed it?) - not a huge deal because VD enchanted Scold's don't even exist, but, would you want one with this build if it was an option? Or is the limiter corpses and the enchant wouldn't even do anything at the end of the day?

The best enchant for Scold's is either going to be a mana reserve, VD Damage, or +3 Desecrate corpses.

+1 VD Consume is not great for this build but still good.

+3 Desecrate bodies will make a 3rd circle from which VD can consume and should *theoretically* add 2-3 balls per cast if the AOEs line up properly.

Otehrwise just try to get 90% mana multiplier for mana reserve (saves 4 points in tree) or .5% Fire Leech.
Great build!
I wanted to try VD since I saw first video featuriing this spell.
I had a blast so far. Although I've just discovered unearth and desacrate from our CWDT setups are being casted under feet of my character. Any ideo of how to fiix it so both this skills would be casted wherever the cursor is? I thought that since Corpse Pact appliies shock to enemies near corpses we spawned, which would make Inpulsa's a decent chest choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info