[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

Wuhu I think I found a way to improve my dmg even further... Well kinda xD What I dont know is for how long my GPU can take that.

Ever tried to use unleash with this build? xD I managed to get down to 9 FPS with that, so how low can you go? ;)

IGN: Dunkellicht
"
gvarph wrote:
Which bandit should I choose?

Kill all.

"
blackdrain wrote:
Wuhu I think I found a way to improve my dmg even further... Well kinda xD What I dont know is for how long my GPU can take that.

Ever tried to use unleash with this build? xD I managed to get down to 9 FPS with that, so how low can you go? ;)

I don't like how it interacts with the way we generate corpses. it will stop the chain in the first cast or so. Better to have a damage multiplier.

"
everdream2k wrote:
how do you perform on blighted maps? do you build towers?

I failed now 2 times hard on some T4/T5 blighted Map.

I use the slowing towers mostly either the physical Bubble or Frost cage or minions, but from what I hear meteor tower spam is the way to go (for performance reasons I guess).
Hey there how you do spam VD that much, do you klick VD than Desecrate and again again again ?
"
oODKOo wrote:
Hey there how you do spam VD that much, do you klick VD than Desecrate and again again again ?

Here's the part of the guide where I talk about the mechanics behind it:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
The Breakdown
This build is aiming to abuse the new Necromancer Corpse oriented Ascendancies in conjuction with CWDT Setups and Scold's Bridle

I got lucky enough to pick up this Scold's day 1 of Blight :D

Here's how she works:

We self cast desecrate to give us a legal target for Volatile Dead.

Volatile Dead then triggers our CWDT setups because of Scold's Helmet

CWDT-Desecrate-Spirit Offering-Spell Cascade
CWDT-Unearth-GMP-LMP
CWDT-Wave of Conviction-Curse on Hit-Flammability

The corpse generation let's us continuously cast VD for forever. Spirit Offering gives us ES RECOVERY ON EVERY CAST!

Not only does this prevent us from killing ourselves, but this gives us a net gain of ES recovered once we have enough BASE life and % ES+Life increases. (can be achieved by mid-70's or with good gear...or both)

Corpse pact Ascendancy gives us 2% cast speed per corpse consumed recently. This allows us to ramp up VERY quickly for massive cast speed with no investment otherwise. Also makes mapping much smoother. Self cast desecrate takes almost no time because of this.

That is how it works in a nutshell. Scold's is OP, get yours before a streamer decides to try it. xD

TL:DR version:

Causes Self Damage, triggers CWDT. Desecrate is on CWDT.

Cast Unlinked Desecrate, Cast VD, trigger CWDT Desecrate, Cast VD, trigger CWDT Desecrate....etc...

A couple of side notes:
1. the guide is pending a major overhaul in regards to Passive Tree, Gear selections and options based on budget and level of total ES, etc...

2. I have a couple videos that are going to go in this.

3. Uber Elder was pretty Easy, but I died 4 times to lag. Lol. the damage is very real though

4. I am no longer recommending Clarity Damage Taken Gained as mana over 4 seconds when hit because of the price tag on it and the ease in which we can otherwise stack this mod. 6% per ring, amulet, and 8% from Battle Rouse Enchant on amulet.

5. Switching up my personal choice for auras to: Anger - herald of Ash - Discipline - Enlighten 2+ Depending on your mana pool and mana cost level 2 might not leave you enough to cast your skill. I am left with 205 Unreserved mana with a level 2 enlighten.

Reason for Discipline...More ES more good. Also I picked up a sick Watcher's Eye
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
the guide is pending a major overhaul in regards to Passive Tree, Gear selections and options based on budget and level of total ES, etc...

Just got to act 10 and started buying gear for endgame, which pieces whould I buy now and for which should I wait for the revamped guide?

The gear I've prepared till now:
Last edited by gvarph on Sep 15, 2019, 12:40:34 PM
"
gvarph wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
the guide is pending a major overhaul in regards to Passive Tree, Gear selections and options based on budget and level of total ES, etc...

Just got to act 10 and started buying gear for endgame, which pieces whould I buy now and for which should I wait for the revamped guide?

I would suggest carefully planning your jewelry, with one ring being a unset, taking into account needing 100 dex for level 21 VD, and preferably leaving amulet slot open for possible eventual Aul's.
The belt slot can be a rare IMO, it's worth it to just aim for 22% CDR, and ditch the Flow Untethered. Mind you, you can eventually get a shaped belt with 18%-ish CDR to meet 30% but it'd have to roll well as far as life and resists to bother.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 15, 2019, 12:49:42 PM
"
gvarph wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Hey I recommend trying

You start as 0 ES which is not a big deal as SO will still recover ES for you, but the over leech and extra ES is VERY strong. I am interested to know how it feels at lower levels. From my personal testing at higher levels it feels amazing!

I don't use it because I have ES on Hit Watcher's Eye now (3ex though) which feels equally as good or better with ball lightning on my 6L CWDT setup. Definitely not the budget option.

Yes I know there is no CDR on the belt.

Yes this means technically less damage output if you're standing in one spot.

This means you can stand in one spot without dying (most likely)

You have Life Leech on your amulet, so this *should* be good. It's like a 1c belt too so if you don't like it, it didn't cost you anything.

For jewelry get your life+Resists and if you can manage it, Unset bases. At least 1.

Try to have open mana prefixes for mana+6% of damage Taken gained as mana over 4 seconds craft. With 141 mana cost I have no issues sustaining with JUST this and 206 unreserved mana.

Depending on your budget, Enlighten level 2-3 so that you can use Discipline instead of Flesh and Stone. If you can't manage this just keep going with Flesh n Stone or spend 3 points in tree for 4% mana Reserve
Wasted few currency trying to anull some rare Arcane surge %Double Dmg staffs with no luck.
Even alt spammed one with only arcane surge. But since i'm min/maxing this build...

Got bored and buyed this one for 2 ex. Now i'm going to farm some currency and imprint, regal and annul then mult mod. Wish me luck :3

Okay... 6 socketed within less than 200 jewellers and 6L in less than 120 fus. POG.

But i'm worried about that increased critical strikes... Did i fked up Senpai? Hope not
Last edited by Viitin on Sep 15, 2019, 5:14:27 PM

two successful annuls. I feel like I should go buy a lottery ticket.
"

two successful annuls. I feel like I should go buy a lottery ticket.

Very nice!!!

"
Viitin wrote:
Wasted few currency trying to anull some rare Arcane surge %Double Dmg staffs with no luck.
Even alt spammed one with only arcane surge. But since i'm min/maxing this build...

Got bored and buyed this one for 2 ex. Now i'm going to farm some currency and imprint, regal and annul then mult mod. Wish me luck :3

Okay... 6 socketed within less than 200 jewellers and 6L in less than 120 fus. POG.

But i'm worried about that increased critical strikes... Did i fked up Senpai? Hope not

It depends! I have added a tree for a crit variant that doesn't need any changes in gear to get close to double damage. If you wanted to do that, the crit is ideal. I would lose about 2.2k eHP (11.5k -> 9.3k) for roughly 2x or more damage.

Even in Non crit it will help proc EO more reliably...so I can't say it's bad.

I want it. :D
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Sep 15, 2019, 8:03:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info