Content Update 3.8.0 -- Path of Exile: Blight

"
Bretherezenx wrote:
"
zenrom wrote:
With spectre nerf 100%hp and zombie nerf aoe slam, may be GGG want merge both build into chosen hybrid build spectre/zombie . Will be well synth with the new golem too.

I think Spectres have been over-all buffed.

They're going to be able to raise to as high as a level 95 or so Spectre, under the right conditions and gear investment/passives/gear choices... So the raw stat increase for a built Spectre summoner might be able to see a level 90 Spectre, at least. That's a lot of extra baseline stats over a level 83 Corpse that we were able to raise from, to create a level 83 Spectre, pre-Blight.

In addition, there is a lot more Necromancer ascendency nodes to interact with especially damage for a Necromancer summoner that you can take advantage of (especially for damage.)

I'm absolutely not a Spectre Summoner, so I can't really say otherwise, but especially the prospect of a minion wand, or dual-wielded minion wands, can negate the HP and damage loss from the Necromancer pre-Blight Ascendency all on its own.

Pre Blight asc gives 100% life and 100% dmg to spectres..

like example from pob, lvl 50 spectre has 15.7k life, lvl 60 = 30k, same for dmg, every 10 lvls gives around double att.

So to get same stats of Pre blight lvl 83 spectre we need 89-90(not 93 cause pre blight Asc has Inc bonuses, not more)..
And Pre Blight its cost just a asc points, in BLight that will be cost 20-40ex
Last edited by CreoZ on Sep 4, 2019, 2:33:47 AM
Seems like a pretty bad nerf to Righteous Fire builds that have any kind of decent gear. At around 7500 life or ES, the flat damage falls behind what you would have gotten from the extra 20% of life/ES. And nobody plays RF with less than 7500 effective life intentionally.
"
Qlidascope wrote:
"
zenrom wrote:
With spectre nerf 100%hp and zombie nerf aoe slam, may be GGG want merge both build into chosen hybrid build spectre/zombie . Will be well synth with the new golem too.

why would Ziggy showcase a pure zombie build then, when its nerfed to stupidity.

because ziggyd is literally in ggg's pocket you could pretty much stick paid PR rep infront of his name. aside from getting league mechanic info from him i dont trust anything else he has to say anymore.
"
Kurgosh wrote:
Seems like a pretty bad nerf to Righteous Fire builds that have any kind of decent gear. At around 7500 life or ES, the flat damage falls behind what you would have gotten from the extra 20% of life/ES. And nobody plays RF with less than 7500 effective life intentionally.

yeah and combo for that Nerf SR. what completle kills RF+SR builds
"
Bretherezenx wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Rip specs

What are you talking about? Spectres can easily be raised to summon up to level... 94? 95 Spectres? The flat increase of raw stats alone is a large buff to Spectres.

check unique items. No longer have +1 specs
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
Bretherezenx wrote:

Yes, and that is what I was asking...

If the Violent Dead jewels, and the Necromancer Ascendency that we have access to right now, "Flesh Binder", were baked in to the basic stats of the Zombies themselves...

Unless GGG missed this in the patch notes, then I don't believe it has been added to the gem. I say this because Stone Golem had a cooldown change to the gem listed in the patch notes. Why would they show this change and not Raised Zombies change?

But GGG miss a bunch of things (which is fair as the game is monstrously large) so don't lose hope.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
"
WARPAINTER wrote:
"
Bretherezenx wrote:

Yes, and that is what I was asking...

If the Violent Dead jewels, and the Necromancer Ascendency that we have access to right now, "Flesh Binder", were baked in to the basic stats of the Zombies themselves...

Unless GGG missed this in the patch notes, then I don't believe it has been added to the gem. I say this because Stone Golem had a cooldown change to the gem listed in the patch notes. Why would they show this change and not Raised Zombies change?

But GGG miss a bunch of things (which is fair as the game is monstrously large) so don't lose hope.

That's basically just my saving grace right now... I was going to play my build this League, and modify some of the worn items around some of the newly introduced Blight items, but... That slowed-down cooldown for Slam is a massive bummer that I don't even feel like playing them if that sticks (and consequently, playing this League.)

"
unlucky_child wrote:
"
Bretherezenx wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Rip specs

What are you talking about? Spectres can easily be raised to summon up to level... 94? 95 Spectres? The flat increase of raw stats alone is a large buff to Spectres.

check unique items. No longer have +1 specs

You can get up to +3 Spectres listed on the Raise Spectre gem, depending on your gem level, as it was stated. Some of the removal of +1 Spectres here and there for uniques is not missed at all if you raise your Spectre's gem level; And those raw stats you get for easily raising their gem level, I don't know why you would not want to.
Wow some exciting stuff, cant wait to play ice shot, wild strike and poison assassin. QoL changes are huge. Well done
"
Kurgosh wrote:

And yet, not many people actually had over 7500 life as RF, and builds that took advantage of that fact were stupid expensive / exclusive to standard league shenanigans.

The change was clearly directed towards toning down the 15k+ ES immortal builds of guardian, heirophant, and occultist; while still making sure life based builds didn't go back to being crazy themselves. There was no question this was coming down the pipeline after the occultist changes a while back ....it was gloriously stupid how well RF did in delves. The later changes to regen on kill nodes everywhere ( 20% to 10% ) was indirect fallout from that very thing.

RF certainly will be easier to level with after these changes, as well as for starting maps. Not having to rely on getting 6k eHP asap to even kill things will go a long way, even if it's a non issue for dedicated RF players.

Getting more eHP will still give great benefits ..it'll just be toned down by up to 40% damage as compared to before for folks that got upwards of 30k ES. The "normal" rang of damage, folks that worked hard just to get to 8k eHP ...wont notice the change to the RF gem. If anything ....everyone will either notice an uptick in damage because of the ailment / item mod changes ...or be able to get back to roughly where they were before with their dozens of EX investments they were already spending.

All that said, time will tell just how far these changes will affect the old builds; sometimes that just happens in PoE ...you stop being able to efficiently use a particular ascendancy or geartype, and so switch to something else to achieve the same relative thing. RF in particular has gone through a ton of balance changes over the years since 3.0 hit, it still always ended up working just fine.
Last edited by JoeShmo on Sep 4, 2019, 3:11:49 AM
so many nerfs to stuff, completely removing a jewel and effectively killing a build yet head hunter the most blatantly broken item is still in the game and hasnt gone legacy like 1000 life kaoms, legacy acuity, etc.

starting to wonder if there isnt more of a backdoor deal going on with certain websites and or certain people/groups considering the grossly obvious amount of bots for trading and farming. when you see bots with 10k+ chaos a week into the league you know they're making some pretty hefty amounts of mone... errr i mean currency.

oh well classic is out so i might pop in and check out tower defense league in a couple weeks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info