New Mine Skills in Path of Exile: Blight

i will try icicle mines
This is a rework.

This a Mine League

Not the fiasco of melee rework in Cyclone League.

Guys. Now it is obvoius that you CAN fix and rework things. But you simply couldnt care less about melee. Sadly you didnt find it necessary to tell us that.

I still wonder what was the reasoning process behind nerfs to most melee attacks (yes. Nerfs. Attack speed reductions were huge neefs) when you dont give a f.. about balance. The weakest of these mines is stronger than most non cyclone melee attacks while being easier to scale and build for..

So when can we expect real melee rework? Because it is in the same sh.. spot as pre 3.7
"
When placed, it has a stacking aura that increases the damage nearby enemies take by 3%. This means that it provides 45% increased damage taken when you've got a full set of mines placed

"
When placed, it has a stacking aura that increases critical chance for hits against enemies around it by 10%.

"
When placed, it has a stacking aura that adds fire damage to hits against enemies near it, which grows as the gem levels.

All of those sound like global effects. Are they? Cos that would be really stupid. Just toss out a bunch of Stormblast Mines to get a 45% damage boost even on a Tornado Shot character now, at the cost of just 1 (or 2 with Minefield, for convenience) gem sockets? Please tell me these aren't global effects. Should only apply to damage done by mines, or at most by mines and traps. Even the mana reservation cost doesn't look too significant, judging by that video. Similarly the Skitterbots with their shocking and chilling auras sound like even non-miner and trapper builds will use them, just for utility.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 29, 2019, 12:17:42 AM
Hopefully theres a bit more life to pick so i dont hate myself for going crit sabo. Looks good overall, but this seems like ALL builds will now run skitterbots and stormblast mines for free dmg vs bosses due to aura.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
Prizy wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
so why would anyone play traps now?
im just curious

It's weird. I was wondering why anyone would play mines when traps skip the whole detonation thing.

Maybe better single target or something. That pyroclast looks really cool but not sure if I really want to stop and throw stuff and then detonate it.

I think hmm... stormbrand + herald of ice or this...

Maybe this is better for bossing or something.

yes, I asked myself the same question. It looks cool, but traps also have nice single target. And trappers have Tinkerskin + EB. Huge QoL in my opinion.
If these are thrown i see really no relevance for usig traps at all ever... And the auras they provide - 5 seconds of 45% more damage taken for enemies? hell.. even if I play ANY different build I will need to splash in a mine with minefield ? well not have to just.. strongly advised? I mean sure mine playstyle needed a buff but it should have happened alongside traps and I think it should have been a standalone mechanic not a buff to whatever else. I am not sure that is a healthy addition.
If you make a skitterbot pet(s) I will give you my money.

Please take my money.

*points at supporter history for added emphasis*

*nods meaningfully*
WTH GGG...

How about just remove trap from this game?

You make mines totally like trap 2.0
Ahhhh.... blast rain mines might now work!

So many spells, so many mines.

Also, do the new ice mine projectiles pierce? How will multi proj work with them (just add X number to the base proj?)
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Aug 29, 2019, 1:10:42 AM
Nice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info