3.8 FaceBreakin' Ancestral Warchief Heiro | Budget Friendly | User Friendly | All Content

This build is based upon the FaceBreaker Gloves and the Vaal Ancestral Warchief Gem. There is a an older guide but i figured i would make a current version as it is still a very viable, user friendly, and budget friendly build!

___________________________________________________________________________________
Blight
Not seeing any negative changes at this point prior to league start.
+ will be leveling up a pulverize support gem to see if adds to our damage.
+ Will try out the StormBlast Mine to see if it is useful for more DPS.
+ New jewelry enchantments will add major DPS boost!
Number one goal is to take down Elder Uber this league!
This build should work very well with the Tower Defense format of the Blight League as the mobs will be coming to you!
New Boots!
Legion
-Immoral Call no longer gives immunity. This has been noticeable and i am sure resulted in many deaths across all builds!
-soul of arakaali and bloodRage trick doesn't work now because of IC nerf.
-Shield Charge was nerfed. you cursor needs to be a lot farther away from you than in the past. this has resulted in you not moving at all at the worse times.

Overall a negative defensive debuff!

it was hard to get all the mobs broken free with the Warchiefs and once free they ignored the totems and ran straight for you... In the emblem encounters the Warchiefs were just to slow to clear it reliably.
___________________________________________________________________________________
+ Warchiefs are a beginner friendly play style
+ Warchiefs are a budget friendly build
+ Excellent DPS - able to kill bosses
+ Up to 6 totems
+ High Life regen
+ High mana regen
+ Builds endurance charges for help in physical damage reduction
+ Up to 3 Auras (without expensive gems)
+ High life - easy to get over 6k life

- Physical resist maps are a huge pain and should be skipped
- No Regen maps are a huge pain and should be skipped
- Element resist maps are a pain but can be done them without issues
- Warchiefs require a medium speed play style. You can't outrun your totems
T14 Clear Sample
No issues making it to Level 95 every league
Ending going with command of steel Node as the Amulet Enchantment! ___________________________________________________________________________________
End Game Gear

This is the gear I finished Legion with:
Gloves (Required)
The FaceBreakers are what makes this build possible with the massive "More Physical Damage". They can be corrupted for applying a Curse on Hit but I prefer to manually apply Vulnerability.
Chest
By the time I hit the maps I am look for a decent and cheap 6 link piece with decent HP (80+) and as much resistance as i can get depending on how much i have to spend (usually under 100c but legion was a spendy melee league). After I have made some more cash i look to increase my HP as much as possible (120+), lots of armor, and fill in my missing resistance.
* Life - 120+
* Armor - 1000+
* Resists - fill in whats needed
* Life Regen - any is good to have
The Loreweave is also an excellent choice for this build which adds DPS and Defense with higher resistance max. the reason i Don't use it is because i like the extra HP from other ones.
The Belly of the Beast is needed if you want to get over 7k HP and works good for this build too.
Helmet
The 3 main options are all uniques.
The Abyssus offers massive DPS boost with a downside of you getting hit harder. Without a good HP pool it can be rough. It also has Dex.
The Deidbellow is usually what i go with. it adds DPS, has good armor, and the Dex you need.
Devoto's major upside is the 20% movement speed. Once you have it, it is tough to let go of it. It also covers your Dex need too.
If you can get a Warchief enchant, that is great! but there are so many for the Helmets that you could spend the whole league trying to get it. Look to buy or don't worry about it.
Boots
Typically i go for rare boots with speed, Life, Life regen, and resistance. There are also a number of uniques you can go with. Boots are usually my first end game piece and i look for these stats:
* Life - 100+
* Speed - 30%
* Life Regen - any is good to have
* Resist - as much as possible
For enchants you almost always want to go with the Life and Mana regen. there are also a few others that work including increased Movement Speed.
Shield
Great Old One's shield is the go to shield with great stats. Get it as soon as possible. After that you can look at rare shields that add another totem. Great for adding more life and resistance or you also try the reduced reserved mana which can increase your DPS overall. That is the way i go these days.
Amulet
Amulets are another source for DPS, life, Dex, and resistance.
*DPS - 19+
*Life - 70+ (although sometimes you have to craft less on it)
*Resist - as much as possible
*Dex - as much as possible
Rings
Rings are another source for DPS, life, Dex, and resistance. End game ones are always Steel Rings.
*DPS - 19+
*Resist - look to fill in the what you need
*Life - 50+ (often crafted)
*Dex - as much as possible
Belt
Meginords is the go to belt with great stats. Get it as soon as possible. Upgrades are the Stygian belt with 2 jewels with lots of life and DPS (get one with blind also for more defenses) and also the Ryslatha's Coil which can be a really nice DPS and Life boost.

Spoiler
The following spreadsheet list the new blight enchantments for the amulet that work best for this build. Started with Shamanistic Fury but will change over to Command of Steel. It requires Amber Oil, Crimson Oil, and Opalescent Oil which are pretty cheap! Rings i went with chilling and summoning tower damage.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OogQDWeAWXauONezej-fnz1h7MXFFxgb3dKrRUi9G0g/edit?usp=sharing
Warchief
+ Vaal Ancestral Warchief
- Vaal should have at least 16% quality as each percentage adds to your damage
- Corrupt: both level or quality adds damage
+ Multiple Totems
- Level it up a bit before using so DPS is better.
- Corrupt: Level adds damage, Quality adds placement speed
+ Melee Physical Damage
- adds DPS based upon your physical DPS
+ Maim
- Maims enemies - 30% change to reduce their speed by 30%
+ Ruthless
- every 3rd hit is major DPS boost and stun
+ Increased Area of Effect
- Increases the range of your totems attacks
- Corrupt: Level adds range, Quality adds DPS
+ Concentrated Effect
- adds up to 64% DPS
Swap Incr/Conc as needed.

Other Gems that could be used:

DPS Buffs

+ Herald of Purity
- Corrupt: Level adds DPS, Quality adds nothing
- Sentinel of Purity minions do not do any damage
+ Hatred
- adds cold damage
- Corrupt: Level adds DPS, Quality adds aura range
+ Blood and Sand
- Requires mana reserved reduced shield
- Blood adds more DPS in a smaller area
- Sand adds more range and less DPS
+ Vulnerability
- Enemies take more DPS
- 20% chance to be maimed
- 20% chance to bleed
- Corrupt: Level adds DPS, Quality adds Bleed chance

+ Pride
- Replace Hatred
- Gives up to 39% more physical damage

I did not get a chance to try out Pride and see if it was better than Hatred for Bosses. Hatred is better for mapping as none of the mobs last 4 seconds.
Others

Using Minion Life and Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance on the Golem really helps keep it alive but those can be replaced if the spot is needed for other gems.
Using Cold Snap for the first time as part of CwdT. Frost Wall also works great but only in open areas.
Lightning Warp is my secondary movement skill and works great for lab runs.
Options

You need to be able to stop bleeding and unfeeze yourself. I have those on life flasks. Speed flask should have more speed and more charges or increased duration. after that you got your unique DPS flasks with Lion's Roar being mandatory. I started using a Quartz flask for the phasing buff in the Delve and in Legion i used it for mapping too. it is a nice defensive buff.
Spoiler
Look for Attack Speed and increased damage on the jewels.
% increased Totem Damage
% increased Area Damage
% increased Global Physical Damage
% increased Damage
% increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
% increased Melee Damage
% increased Attack Speed
% increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
There are also other options by adding in life and resist or with Abyssal jewels too.
Experiment to see what works best for your build.
Heirophant

For the 4th selection you just take 2 small mana regen nodes
Options
You can either take Oak with 1% life regen and 20% increased Physical Damage or Kill them all for the 2 Skill Points. I usually go for for the 2 points.
Blight
TBD
Legion
DPS:
No Buffs Conc: 175,700 * 6 totems = 1M DPS
No Buffs Incr: 114,160 * 6 totems = 685k DPS
With Buffs Conc: 259,155 * 6 totems = 1.55M DPS
With Buffs Incr: 165,400 * 6 totems = 1M DPS

Life: 6,215
phy reduction: 33%
phy reduction with LR: 56%
Life Regen 987
Mana Regen 95

Path of Building
21 https://pastebin.com/HP3sC6Yd
35 https://pastebin.com/R5QB1Xj2
50 https://pastebin.com/sDBvNDkH
71 https://pastebin.com/GcNyK22g
Look in the acts for more up to date tree levels. these are from 3.5
Act 1-3
By the time I hit Act 2 I am looking to have the following items:
+ boots with movement speed. Get asap.
+ use 2 1h weapons for max dps.
+ Smite or Molten Strike or Sunder for main dps.
+ Clarity – you will use Clarity for a good while to keep your mana up.
+ Leap Slam – for your movement.
+ Summon Holy Relic – minion that grants life regen.
+ War Banner – Extra DPS.

I am also leveling the following gems:
Ruthless
Shield Charge
Level 28 just took RT: www.poeurl.com/cyXn

Act 3 adds in
+ Melee Physical Damage
+ Faster Attacks
+ Herald of Purity.
Act 4-6
Made to Level 42 and Act 5 using Smite. Did the Normal Lab to get the first Ascendancy Node and now ready to switch over to AW.
Gear
Paid 2c for the 5 link just now and everything else i bought was 1 alch each or found.
Level 42 Tree
Level 43 AW Tree
Using Skirmish for a bit until i buy a Great Ward Shield
Act 7-10
Act 7 now with 5 totems and everything is dying quickly. looking to up dps and resist on rings and ammy and maybe move to boots with more life and resist.
Gear
Act 8 I am looking to get cheap jewelry with life, resist, and dps. Will start looking at getting better boots soon too. Act 9 resist are maxed,got decent boots, next up will be a hi dps amulet with resist and life and dex
Level 65 Tree
Act 10 and looking good... Life is 4k, DpS is 25,187x5=125k... Get new boots with 100 hp, 30% move, max resist... next is amulet with min 19 phy Ddps, then chest with max life, max resist, max armor,,, then fill it in with rings, min 15 phy dps
Level 71 Tree
Gear
Blight
Leveling up cost about 10c or so, mostly in Alcs... Net worth is about 200c...
6 Link - 40c
FaceBreakers - 7c
amulet - 4c
Boots - 35c (my end game boots)
Legion - 800c
Legion was an expensive league as many more people played Melee toons.
*FaceBreakers - 40c. 795%+
*6L chest - 3ex. cheap ones ran 1 ex and decent ones ran 3ex and up. I consider my current one only decent.
*Amulets and Rings - 150c. prolly around 50c each and i consider them to be just average stats.
*Boots - 50c. usually you can find a pair on your own too.
*Belt - 65c. the Ryslatha's Coil was 40c and i had to gamble with divine orbs to make it better.
*Helmet - 5c. not very expensive for the Deidbellow but the Abyssus with a low damage taken roll was crazy expensive.
*Shields - 40c. Greal Old One's pretty cheap, maybe 10c for very good rolls. the elder shield is hit or miss and just checking the market at the right time.
*Jewels - 80c. includes leveling jewels too. they did not seem to go up much if at all.

So a total cost was less than 800 chaos (when an ex was around 120c) and maybe another 100c on leveling gear and other miscellaneous stuff.

Also spent a lot more money on maps with sextants and zana mods.

Blight
+ Filled in leveling section
+ Added Enchantment section
+ added Blight map run video
+ Added the final Enchantment (Command of Steel)
Legion
+ Created the guide.
+ Added Videos
Favorites
I use AutoKey Macros staring in Synth League and I don't think i would want to play without them now!
Personal Macro Script
https://pastebin.com/VKdDLegh
Exile Maps - Keeps track of your map runs and your net worth
https://github.com/briansd9/exile-diary/releases
POE Trade Macro
https://github.com/POE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/wiki
Path of Building
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding
Last edited by Tallion99 on Sep 18, 2019, 2:31:44 PM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2019, 2:33:20 PM
Reserved
This build should work very well with the Tower Defense format of the Blight League as the mobs will be coming to you!
Hello,

as there are only videos from boss kills ... how well will it probably work for trash mob groups? Even if they are kinda fast ... what is the range of the totems and can a pair of 2 easily kill a group within seconds or not?
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Sep 6, 2019, 11:29:30 AM
Trash mobs go down really quickly, within seconds, even with only 1 or 2 totems hitting them. I did not upgrade to 6 totems until late in the league, so even without the +1 shield there are no issues with trash mobs. The range is pretty good with the Increased area gem. I will upload a clearing video shortly.

Added a quick sample of running T14 Racecourse map.
Last edited by Tallion99 on Sep 6, 2019, 12:30:03 PM
added blighted map run
Ok, so I clicked on the build with the online link b/c I am on phone/ps4 combo. It says there are 5 unused skill tree points, so my question is if you are not going to use Oaks buff, then why not spend them? I am too new to this game, I need guidance!

On a more important note, is there anyway you could post the online version of the skill trees for the leveling guide section, for some reason I can't open them. If not, it is not the end of the world, I am just not sure in what order to spend my points.

Either way, thanks for the noob friendly build!
"
Thigh_Bru1ser wrote:
Ok, so I clicked on the build with the online link b/c I am on phone/ps4 combo. It says there are 5 unused skill tree points, so my question is if you are not going to use Oaks buff, then why not spend them? I am too new to this game, I need guidance!

On a more important note, is there anyway you could post the online version of the skill trees for the leveling guide section, for some reason I can't open them. If not, it is not the end of the world, I am just not sure in what order to spend my points.

Either way, thanks for the noob friendly build!

The 5 extra points are levels 96 thru 100. You could add bleeding or impaling or more life or dps.
On a side note, I usually add points to the big life wheel (constitution node) until i am ready to move them elsewhere. As always feel free to experiment!

You can ignore the leveling path of building links. I have added links in each act spoiler for levels 28 and 42 and then 43 for when i switch to facebreakers and ancestral bond node. after that there are levels for 54, 60, 65, and 71 which will take you to the maps. I got my 6 link around level 80 after i mad some chaos!

The best part of this build is that it a lot easier to learn the mechanics of a lot of the fights as your not always running for your life!
Ok...so I am new to this game..new as I just started today. Please explain to me what weapon I need to be looking for, also...I am trying to follow your build, but it feels like it has gaps...

At what point do I look for the totem skill and start leveling it?? So far, I have just been using Clarity/holy relic/molten strike. The gap I feel didnt explain when to go from 2 1h to the 1h shield combo.

Tons of questions...but thats where I will start!
"
Caeydin wrote:
Ok...so I am new to this game..new as I just started today. Please explain to me what weapon I need to be looking for, also...I am trying to follow your build, but it feels like it has gaps...

At what point do I look for the totem skill and start leveling it?? So far, I have just been using Clarity/holy relic/molten strike. The gap I feel didnt explain when to go from 2 1h to the 1h shield combo.

Tons of questions...but thats where I will start!

It is a very fun game! but you need to stick with it as it is takes a bit to get up to speed. Basically for your first character your just figuring out the gear and the gems and what works best for you, ranged, melee, or spell caster.

The leveling guide should help out to get you rolling. the 2 1h should take you to level 42 and that is where i switched to the AW with the ancestral bond tree node and facebreaker gloves. there is more information under Act 4-6 of the leveling guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info