Development Manifesto: Legion as a Core Game Mechanic

I like this change a lot. Considering it wasn't too hard to get splinters even at a 1/10 rate (which is actually a bit higher thanks to the other sources) getting a few 5 ways per league seems doable. And Vagan finally is useful.

The change to make headhunter less mandatory in the domain is important as well.

Overall quite hyped for next league. Can't wait for the announcment.
"
We want most of your Breach splinters to come from Breach!

I suggest you increase the splinter drop rates then.
"
"
boyandroid wrote:
"
play the Domain of Timeless Conflict content indefinitely if their build was capable of doing so.

How about the issue of the Headhunter & a certain build that trivialize the whole encounter? So, that certain build can now just spin around the whole content indefinitely?

It really shouldn't have taken 10 pages for someone to mention this. It's not enough that they're adding diminishing returns, they should put a hard cap in place on DoTC to ensure HeadHunter doesn't stay batshit insane.

I'm hoping the fact that DoTC won't be as commonly run means the rewards don't get out of hand, but I've got a bad feeling there will still be people going Flash On Meth fast through it.

I just hope they do something with the interaction of Headhunter within the timeless conflict. If they retain this at it is & made it infinite, this is even worse that Betrayal Pure Breachstone issue. It will be an issue with players gunning for 100 race. With this, all you just need are 1 set of 5-way + HH + "that kind of build" & you can farm crazy amount of XP in just 1 instance, you can just run that instance until your arm or bladder bleed.

And by the way, I like/welcome the inclusion of Legion into the core. Obviously, I'm bias with it's inclusion since it's one of my favorite league so far, & I enjoyed & played it a lot.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
More side content which I will never engage. I see a lot of people being happy with this, for me however the more side content will be added to the game the less interest I have keep playing this game to be honest. More splinters to collec that I will not be able to complete. More of all those RNG based repeatative side shit. You just do what ever RNG provides you. Please allow players to decide wether they want to focus on, also with masters missons. I would be way more happy with additional acts or additional quests in existing acts to extend the game instead of this boring side content every league. I think 4.0 will be critical for me to keep playing this game. Currently the characters are very customizable, but the content however is very very very much the same. Comon GGG, I don't want to be salty cause I like your game. But it is getting disappointing in my fair opinion.
i knew that legion would go core. i like the core concept but the problem is that there are veryveryvery few build that can deal with the content properly(for properly i mean clearing at least 80% of the mobs and a general) if not cyclone then it's essence drain for the low lvl farming. at the end of the day i personally don't rate this as a good League since it massively limit your build's choice.
hmm
I hated Legion.

the pre-map stuff was good.

the end-game stuff was really bad.

if your a casual player and don't 100's of chaos orbs to buy the timeless splinters then grinding Makaketh to get the emblem is a nightmare. I still don't have one and I've been playing an average of 3 hours a day everyday since league start.....

and the mechanic is driven to kill you...

a lot of players are asking why HC isn't popular...? designing mechanics that kill you if you open too many (um... AoE clear is a thing...) then your doing it wrong.

I want to play HC but mechanics like this, just put me off.
"
boyandroid wrote:
"
"
boyandroid wrote:

How about the issue of the Headhunter & a certain build that trivialize the whole encounter? So, that certain build can now just spin around the whole content indefinitely?

It really shouldn't have taken 10 pages for someone to mention this. It's not enough that they're adding diminishing returns, they should put a hard cap in place on DoTC to ensure HeadHunter doesn't stay batshit insane.

I'm hoping the fact that DoTC won't be as commonly run means the rewards don't get out of hand, but I've got a bad feeling there will still be people going Flash On Meth fast through it.

I just hope they do something with the interaction of Headhunter within the timeless conflict. If they retain this at it is & made it infinite, this is even worse that Betrayal Pure Breachstone issue. It will be an issue with players gunning for 100 race. With this, all you just need are 1 set of 5-way + HH + "that kind of build" & you can farm crazy amount of XP in just 1 instance, you can just run that instance until your arm or bladder bleed.

And by the way, I like/welcome the inclusion of Legion into the core. Obviously, I'm bias with it's inclusion since it's one of my favorite league so far, & I enjoyed & played it a lot.

Yeah, for me Legion has been pretty fun so far. Then again, I haven't engaged in the late game stuff with it so I can't comment too much. It has been a little irksome to not even find a single chest or special mob some of the times despite running around and playing Essence Drain, but once in a while when I know I'll have another shot in the next zone doesn't feel too bad.

I find it perplexing how people at GGG keep saying they want to make the road to level 100 harder, yet stuff like this keeps getting added in.

Hm, the question about arm and bladder bleeding has me curious about how many players have used catheters or other such devices to ignore that issue.
No mention of Legion Jewels? Those were a great idea with awful execution. They're impossible to evaluate unless you just happen to have a few leveled alts to cover all the jewel slots on the tree, and even in that extremely unlikely scenario, it's still a major pain to have to plug in the jewels one at a time into each slot and then try to evaluate them while having to keep in mind literally every single potential build.
I expected Legion goes to core as a probable (10%) encounter mechanic similar to breach and abyss in maps. My concern will be when this 1/10 legion happens in a very tight maze or prison like map style. Throughout this league, I completely avoided any maps like those since it blocks and limits the access to more valuable monsters on the far sides unless you have very fast builds with huge aoe, and failing to unlock generals in that situation was just infuriating. Thus the legion mechanic seems to be very picky for which builds and maps can handle it efficiently unlike breach (well breach kinda sucks too in tight maps but not as frustrating as legion is) and abyss.

One thing I'd like to ask for lowering frustration is, can you remove DOORS in those maps? I experienced so many desynchs when leapslaming or flame dashing through doors during the legion encounters or mapping in general, and clicking them to open is just too tedious when other maps don't require it. Also would you be considering adding monsters that extend the time limits of legion (not in timeless conflict) or something, so that slower builds can more easily unlock more monsters?

I think making a build specifically for delving is totally fine, but making it for Legion would be a little too selective for the game that offers so many different builds.

At least, there'll be ways to add legions to one's preferable maps, is great to know. Also beating Vagan's ass again and again not only for Hit cant be evaded mod but also the new legion stuff would be a nice plus.

Hopefully Legion as a core mechanic won't be recognized as just a mechanic of mockery or rich men's play yard.

Anyway personal thanks for making the legion league! it's been very fun for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info