[3.13] [SSF] Essence Drain Beastmode || Ultimate Guide to Solo Self Found

Hello! thanks for this guide. I actually started this league with ED/Cont trickster but when I hit a wall I played other build (2 spinners and 1 golemancer) But I really miss this build. I feel like it has the most satisfying playstyle. I just respec'ed alot from my first build to be as close to this one as I can. Do you mind checking over my gear and see which one needs the most upgrade from immediate change to just maxing?. All in all I only got 5exa and 200 chaos left.

I tried buying the Watcher's eye that has the Non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier thingy and the lowest ive seen is 7-8 ex. is using all my currency for that the best idea? Really appreciate it and all the best!
Last edited by lexecutioner on Aug 14, 2019, 8:48:41 AM
"
lexecutioner wrote:

Hey there, appreciate the comment!

Here's my list of proposed changes:

- Helmet: Craft another resistance, maybe dual. If it can fit, a resistance + chaos res
- Body Armour: craft a resistance
- Left Ring replace with a ring with 70+ life and res
- Right Ring: open crafting slot
- Belt: Belt with minimum 90 life and some res

The Watcher's Eye is the cherry on the top, so I wouldn't bother with it unless you have your other stuff maxed out. :)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
divinity wrote:
been playing last 4 days in ssf - respecced my IceNova-Frostbolt into ED, closed red maps.

Now a question about bow - how do you get +2 socketed support craft? Killed mastermind but no items dropped. Do I get those mods only from mastermind fights? If so, what is the fastest way to gather intelligence?

Hey there! The craft can indeed only be found from the Mastermind encounter. Best way is to never choose the Trusted option and build rivalries whenever possible. Always check all available options before choosing one. Always complete your safehouses whenever they are available. :)

Best of luck finding the +2! Huge difference!
Hey super thanks for the response! yeah i posted before i even craft on my gear lol my bad. I got it sorted out and pushed life to 5.5k ES to 3.2k. still kinda low and im dying but thats just me getting used to the build again and being noob as well lol. overall its fun again!

So if im buying the watchers eye all i need is the non-chaos with malevolence right? ofcourse hopefully life and es is rolled high. 7ex is a good deal for those?

Also dont understand the doryani timeless jewel that much is the things it changes random and different depending on the jewel use? i got some fire resist.
4%energy shield, cast speed, etc. but i see that my revitalizing wind has .02% physical damage leech as life and 31% physical damage is that useless?

thanks again!
"
lexecutioner wrote:
Hey super thanks for the response! yeah i posted before i even craft on my gear lol my bad. I got it sorted out and pushed life to 5.5k ES to 3.2k. still kinda low and im dying but thats just me getting used to the build again and being noob as well lol. overall its fun again!

So if im buying the watchers eye all i need is the non-chaos with malevolence right? ofcourse hopefully life and es is rolled high. 7ex is a good deal for those?

Also dont understand the doryani timeless jewel that much is the things it changes random and different depending on the jewel use? i got some fire resist.
4%energy shield, cast speed, etc. but i see that my revitalizing wind has .02% physical damage leech as life and 31% physical damage is that useless?

thanks again!

Cheers!

The Doriyani Timeless jewel helps us in multiple fashions.

1) we get the Keystone Corrupted Soul which gives us 20% of maximum Life as extra ES.
2) 50% of damage taken bypasses ES and goes directly to life. Since we should always have ED up on at least one target this means that we already regenerate life while we still have a barrier of ES in front of us.
3) that also means that Ghost Shrouds have higher effect for us since we'll recharge ES and Life at the same time while under continuous fire.

You'll maybe have to try a couple different Doriyani jewels since they all have different effects depending on the number. Mine gives me Chaos Damage, %Maximum Life, AoE, %Evasion etc.

In terms of Watcher's Eye there are several mods that can be good for us:

- Malevolence Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
- Malevolence Recovery Rate (multiplier for life and es regen)
- Malevolence Skill Effect Duration
- Malevolence Unaffacted by Bleeding

If you want you can switch out Flesh and Stone for another aura like Discipline or Clarity if you get one of these mods:

- Discipline Faster Start of ES recovery
- Clarity % of max Mana as extra ES

But in general the best advice is to stick to my aura setup. Combinations of these mods are the best you can get - however, they'll be far more costly.

For a Malevolence Watcher's Eye you can expect to pay between 7-9ex at the moment.

Hope this clears things up a little! Don't hesitate to ask! :)
Thanks again! I think ill leave the doryani alone for now. Im just glad i came across your guide and revived my ED/Cont guy. Since its the end of league ill just try and snag a 7ex one that has the non-chaos thingy. This league has been fun with the legion. I played just since betrayal and this league by far is the most fun and its the furthest i got into the game. Ill just finish off this league with this build and enjoy while it last (hopefully they dont nerf it).

All the best!

EDIT: just got this
is the zealotry one useable or no?
Last edited by lexecutioner on Aug 14, 2019, 12:50:10 PM
"
lexecutioner wrote:
EDIT: just got this
is the zealotry one useable or no?

Zealotry has 50% mana reservation for 15% more spell damage. While that is a damage increase it is inferior to other buffs and auras that we can receive, so I think it is not at all worth using.

The Energy Leech part only works if you are actually leeching Energy Shield (e.g. by using Ghost Reaver). Definitely not worth building around.

But it's awesome that you got the Malevolence part. That's huge! :-)
Added a better video for Uber Elder.

Found new boots which are even better than my old ones:

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
divinity wrote:
been playing last 4 days in ssf - respecced my IceNova-Frostbolt into ED, closed red maps.

Now a question about bow - how do you get +2 socketed support craft? Killed mastermind but no items dropped. Do I get those mods only from mastermind fights? If so, what is the fastest way to gather intelligence?

Hey there! The craft can indeed only be found from the Mastermind encounter. Best way is to never choose the Trusted option and build rivalries whenever possible. Always check all available options before choosing one. Always complete your safehouses whenever they are available. :)

Best of luck finding the +2! Huge difference!

I got the +1 socketed from Catarina safehouse
The +2 socketed i got from unveiling a weapon with Catarina's veiled on it
(Just search for Catarina's veiled stat filter on trade )
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
lexecutioner wrote:

thanks again!

Cheers!

The Doriyani Timeless jewel helps us in multiple fashions.

1) we get the Keystone Corrupted Soul which gives us 20% of maximum Life as extra ES.
2) 50% of damage taken bypasses ES and goes directly to life. Since we should always have ED up on at least one target this means that we already regenerate life while we still have a barrier of ES in front of us.
3) that also means that Ghost Shrouds have higher effect for us since we'll recharge ES and Life at the same time while under continuous fire.

Disagree with 3.
If you take a 2.5k hit, without doryani, 2.5k all goes into ES
with doryani 1.25k does to ES, 1.25k goes to life.
With current evasion I heal 2k ES per hit thus with doryani, 775 ES healing is wasted on ghost shroud whereas without doryani all of the healing on hit is used
Last edited by primordialiege on Aug 25, 2019, 1:18:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info