[Xbox One] 3.7.3d Patch Notes

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hi everyone,

The update should have become available on the hour, but appears to be stuck in the publishing process. Unfortunately these steps are out of our control, and are on Microsoft's end. I'll post an update when I have more information, sorry for the trouble!

lol ! Seriously...
In the meantime I have a bright idea... why not bring back the server until the patch is ready???
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hi everyone,

The update should have become available on the hour, but appears to be stuck in the publishing process. Unfortunately these steps are out of our control, and are on Microsoft's end. I'll post an update when I have more information, sorry for the trouble!

The last time I played and a patch was held up due to MS, it required a full reinstall after a gummed up patch. Here's hoping not to have a repeat. Granted, that was back during Betrayal.

At least now I'm on 450Mbps rather than the 3Mbps DSL I was using for the last MS mishap.

Though, honestly, we should be checking patch availability before restarting the servers...
PC : SqueakyToyOfTerror
XB : R3SPAWN#7045
Discord : R3SPAWN
Last edited by R3SPAWN7045 on Jul 14, 2019, 9:20:20 PM
I think believe the problem with cyclone is going to be a persistant issue for awhile. The reason I say this is because the elephant in the room that no one has acknowledged is the INPUT. The game is designed for a mouse and keyboard and while all games can be adapted to be used with a controller the difference is staggering. On a PC with a keyboard and mouse you are literally telling the machine where you intend to be or where you are going by the literal x,y coordinates of pixels on the screen that you are constantly moving the cursor over. So the address is an exact. With a controller you may still have a cursor but the input you are using is analog so rather than an exact x,y pixel location you are telling it north or northwest. This is a substantial deviation from precision and quite honestly it's amazing that first person shooters with controllers work at all. This is why most FPS games on console have aim-assist.

The other issue is an issue of interupts and frequency. CPUs take orders based on interupt priorities. For example... CPUs sole task is to execute code according to a flow of logic, interupts are present to allow a device or input to override the cpu's intentions of executing that code. If we had no interupts then code would simply execute and you could never regain control of the processor untill it's done executing that code. Typical PC interupt priorities list the mouse and keyboard as seperates and both are given CRITICAL priority. Meaning engaging the keyboard or mouse during any executed code will provide the user with control (assuming you use the correct keystrokes Ctrl-break or delete). The mouse for one has an extremely high polling rate for update frequency, usually in the 100s of times a second.

Now in contrast to that controllers are given ONE interupt not two and controllers polling frequency is less than half that of the mouse on a PC. So even when you interupt and have the attention of the processor, and relayed information is only as accurate as the frequency of it's update. A lot happens in this game in a second, couple that with netcode, latency, human reaction and now a much lower polling rate and you end up with CYCLONE on a controller. The game is losing track of your intentions and whether or not your still moving, chanelling or even engaging.
Guys just take a minute and think about all the bugs n glitches Microsoft never fixes, or the fact that they can't even create a stable browser for their own system... The last big browser update added more bugs than the old one...(My browser freezes 10-30 times a day since that patch) Microsoft has proven that they are unreliable and whatever they touch turns to shit, the logical conclusion is it's Microsoft that is the problem. Atleast GGG admits when they make a mistake and do their best to fix it while Microsoft will ignore the same bugs n crashes forever, never to be fixed.
It now hours after the patch is supposed to be released, and still nothing
"
Auzzy2114 wrote:

They don't give a shit
"
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hi everyone,

The last time a patch was held up due to MS, it required a full reinstall after a gummed up patch. Here's hoping not to have a repeat.

At least now I'm on 450Mbps rather than the 3Mbps DSL I was using for the last MS mishap.

Though, honestly, we should be checking patch availability before restarting the servers...

Do you think it will require re-instillation again
"
"
Auzzy2114 wrote:

They don't give a shit

Figured as much, it’s sad because iv just started this game and enjoying it so much to get... well this
"
Auzzy2114 wrote:
As mentioned in my last post, everything was in place and ready on our end. We began the process of the update which was scheduled to become available at 00:00 UTC, unfortunately something has occurred on the back end of Microsoft which has delayed the update from reaching the store for users.

"
Auzzy2114 wrote:
Do you think it will require re-instillation again
A full reinstall won't be required.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info