💰 [3.22 ready] Clickachu's Tornado Shot MF Build - +Video Guide - 100% Phys Conversion [Standard]

Hey!

I'm glad you like my build! :)

I'm not sure if you wanna lvl this character very high, but personally I've first lvled it to 100, which took me a lot of time, and then swapped to my MF gear i had already prepared. I've learn, that I should either lvl, or MF.

I mean it can be frustrating, when lvling and MF'ing at 1 time, but maybe it's just me. Rangers in general are not too tanky, or again, maybe it's just me :)

What i mean don't worry to use some strong non-MF item to lvl faster.
Or maybe you are lvling all right with MF or dont want very high lvl for farming, it's just personal choice I think.

My advices are: try to get as much life as you can, and other one is I've stopped using ice golem, and socketed Vaal Grace there. I'm not running grace, I only trigger vaal grace for more attack speed and movement speed (connected with increased duration). Good for bosses as well as for faster map clearing.

Also keep in mind, that my drops are also not crazy, with 194 iiq they're not even tripled, so don't expect exalted orb shower.

In my opinion key do good drops is running juicy maps, and they will be good even without, or with very small IIQ. Juicy maps I mean sac pieces, scarabs, sextants, prophecies, good vaaled maps.

Maybe also try using culling strike and run some parties/rotas to lvl faster, but with greed's emrace cehst it will be hard to keep up. Maybe use other chest, like queen of the forest or any you like until you get few lvls, and then swap back, but it jsut depends what are your plans.

If you have any further questions, just ask anytime, and I'll try to help, I hope this was helpful.

Good luck with the drops and with the build!

Cheers!

youtube.com/clickachu
I've checked Mai Cedere's MF build and ispired by it stopped using self cast ice golem and now I'm using Vaal Haste instead on this gem socket.
(It's connected to increased duration)
Quality is not that important, becasue it increase aura's AoE, and I play solo, or with aurabot sometimes.
I'm not using normal Haste, which reserves mana, just Vaal Haste both on maps and for bosses.
It feels like shaving with Gillette now, really great upgrade I should've done long time ago :)

Here's link to Mai's build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2462814

youtube.com/clickachu
Last edited by Clickachu on Jan 19, 2020, 2:41:16 AM
I've stopped using siege ballista on secondary 6-link, and started using Galvanic Arrow for single target monsters and bosses.
It really feels great, now more bosses are doable.

This is current setup, iiq isn't mandatory on secondary skill, but I'm not gonna do that, becasue I'm iiq-focused. Alternative good gem would be Hypothermia.

Also on my main skill, TS I've replaced 6th Ice Bite support gem into Damage on full life and it adds much more dmg now.
youtube.com/clickachu
After some testing with Galvanic arrow+barrage support for single target I've switched into Ice shot single target setup:

Hypothermia could be swapped for Inspiration support, but Hypo is also very strong, and gives a chance to freeze for Windripper IIQ bonus, and increases chill effect, which slows the bosses.

Actually ice shot felt so good, that I've started using it on my other 6-link instead of tornado shot for map clearing.

This is my current setup:

Seems like Ice Shot scales really well with other cold gems, and on top of that, it gets +1 gem lvl from lvl 5 awakened added cold damage, which is pretty cool.

Another good news, is that it can be swapped back into tornado shot in a minute, just by swapping the skill gem.

Also good option is to swap mapping skill (Ice Shot or TS) Hypothermia support gem into damage on full life for massive damage boos, or into Mirage Archer, which is perfect for map clearing, and also you can hit a boss with this skill and start attacking with single target skill, while Mirage Archer will still be attacking and both damages will stack.

I'm quite happy with this new awakener expansion changes, they fit perfectly into my cold dmg build and it seems like cold dmg is starting beeing more relevant in magic find builds, since until then the only MF builds meta was lightning damage from what magic finders were saying.

youtube.com/clickachu
Thx for the guide and youtube content!
A lot of people are only league-playing, so it's nice to find content about stdrt.
Hypothermia is a quite powerful gem - not because of "more dmg against chilled", but because of increased chill effect (i have low HP pool) - with this gem in my 6L setup, I feel much more safer - against bosses and juicy mobs.
"
brzroman wrote:
Thx for the guide and youtube content!
A lot of people are only league-playing, so it's nice to find content about stdrt.
Hypothermia is a quite powerful gem - not because of "more dmg against chilled", but because of increased chill effect (i have low HP pool) - with this gem in my 6L setup, I feel much more safer - against bosses and juicy mobs.

Hi, thanks! Actually there are some standard players in the game, but there is popular trend, that standard is boring/irrelevant, which I of course disagree, becaue almost my whole build base on legacy items.

Yeah, Hypothermia is a great gem, totally agree, and chill effect helps with bosses, sometimes it works similar to permastun. I was also testing Damage on full life and Mirage Archer gems instead, but Hypothermia seems the best for me, plus it also has 10% chance to freeze, which helps with Windripper IIQ bonus.

I've did normal Atziri with this build, nothing good to drop from there, but it was just a benchmark, to check how does it perform against bosses.
It took me few tries before I managed to kill her deathless, so I still need to improve, but I can see a big progrees in comparision to the "old" 3.9 build giude, that is currently on my channel.

I will post the new Ice Shot guide soon, here is the video of Atziri boss fight with it:

https://youtu.be/FjdTZg-H1fk
youtube.com/clickachu
Hi!

I've just uploaded new 3.10 ICE SHOT MF build detailed youtube video guide:

https://youtu.be/ogcv_6nqrzY

The new version of this build was updated in the FIRST post of this thread.

The old, 3.9 Tornado Shot version was archived here, just in case if anyone need to compare them:

Spoiler

Hi! This is SSC version with legacy items, but temp league versions are possible too.

Most recent youtube build video with gameplay:

https://youtu.be/-9_c0oUYpiU

...BUILD FROM BEFORE THE GREAT RESET OF CIVILISATION...

THE STORY: (NOT build relevant, just for fun!)
Spoiler

Rumors say, that there were at least 4 great resets of our civilisations: Cold reset, known as "Ice Age", Water reset, caused by flooding oceans, Fire reset, that was caused by a big meteor hit, and Earth & Wind reset, that was caused by huge tornados and earthquakes. Who knows, what was back in those days on the actual area of Wraeclast. Some Exile's ancient legends say, that this land was called Great Tartaria, others say it was called The Atlantis, or that even further back in time, there was an ancient land, that was called "New Zealand" back then.
History of Wraeclast is still a great mystery, and noone can provide a 100% proof for any of those theories. But everyone agree with one thing: Artifacts from the past, that are found today are unable to recreate with present-day technology. This leads to a conclusion, that "they" had knowledge and technology, that is unavailable for us now. To be honest, we can't even tell how old are these artifacts, that have this specific attributes impossible to get today. Maybe one day the connection will be set, and they will travel to us from the past to give us the lost technology, or even a fraction of it. It may be confusing for some people, that the technology doesn't come from future, but from the past, but it isn't anything strange at all, when we realise, that our universe is so old, that almost everything have already happaned in it.

BUILD:
Spoiler

This build is designed to farm low tier maps and low/mid tier maps, both solo and with aurabot/cursebot support.
As it uses max possible iiq items in every item slot it's not all content viable.
It's built around legacy items, so obviously it's not possible on temporary leagues, but it's possible to make similar build on temp league, just with lower iiq.

For party culler version just use culling strike gem and make sure no other players are culling, but for a party culler - Slayer and some other builds would be much better.

Note: this build is not made for profit, it's made for fun and just to be ridiculous.
Maxing iiq, as I did in this build isn't efficient because of diminishing returns rule. This makes my 209% iiq on a tooltip not effective 209%. I assume it's about 180% effectively, it's similar mechanism like with stacking evasion but at some level you dont benefit too much from adding more of it.
This leads me to a conclusion, that swapping a perfect legacy Perandus Blazon belt or a 15% iiq String of Servitude for a Headhunter is a good idea and in this maxed build letting go 12% or 15% iiq on a belt slot won't make big difference in terms of effective iiq, but will make character stronger and even more fun to play.

Becasue of IIQ & IIR diminishing returns rule the most effective way is to combine them.
There's a formula, that help with getting good iiq/iir ratio balance.

C = (1+(IIQ/100)) * (1+(IIR/100))

"C" is a coefficient, that shows us how "good" our MF'er is.

But keep in mind, that almost all people will say IIR is not important. I also prefer iiq over iir, but when Zana Nemesis mod is active some rarity for better Headhunter drop chance can be a good choice.

VARIANTS:
Spoiler

1. "Maxed IIQ" build with maxed iiq on every slot, but with character set, that it's Headhunter swappable.
I prefer using Headhunter, but you can carry Peranus blazon or String of Servitude and swap it on bosses.
Basically HH+max IIQ is a best choice for me, because then I have both high IIQ and lot of HH fun and power.

2. "Balanced" IIQ/IIR version, with a big favour of iiq. From my researches and tests best thing to do is swap 24% iiq Sadima's Touch gloves for 50% iir Aurseize. Since Aurseize are not legacy, you can get them cheap and try to corrupt with curse on hit, or other vaal mod.
Of course some more items can be swapped to obtain the best coeficient, that I've mentioned before.

3. "Strong" version, that abandons some MF gear in favour of some good items of your choice.
Swapping a chest piece, gloves, or other item for any other OP, that you have. Maybe Kaom' heart, maybe a strong bow instead of Windripper - it's individual case and depends on gear, that you have.

MAIN BUILD FEATURES:
Spoiler

- Triple Elemental Damage penetration: 11/19/11, and with flask active: 11/40/11

- Headhunter for better damage & survivability buffs, and of course, for better fun!

- Watcher's eye hatred +% crit chance jewel is important part of this character, that substansionally increases the damage

- Tailwind ascendancy node helps with movement speed, which is reduced by Greed's Embrace body chest.

GEAR:

Spoiler

JEWELS:
Spoiler

GEM LINKS:
Spoiler

Bow - Main skill - Tornado shot:

Helmet:

Chest:
(I'm using siege ballista, but any skill of a choice can be used.
Most people would choose barrage for single target, but i just dont like this skill or just don't know how to use it properly, I prefer stacking TS+siege ballista over it)

Gloves:

Boots:

ASCENDANCY:

Deadeye, nodes taken: Ricochet, Far Shot, Endless Munitions, Gathering Winds

BANDITS: Helped Alira for +15% to all resistances. (As soon as I'l be able to cap resistances elswhere I'll switch to Kill all quest status for 2 passive skill points)

PANTHEON:

Major - Soul of Lunaris, Minor - Soul of Shakari

FAQ:
Spoiler

- Is it really max possible IIQ?
- Not really, as it's still possible to get +5%iiq vaal implicit on each ring, and +10%iiq implicit from converting amulet into spinefuse talisman, also a belt can have +5%iiq implicit, so technically there are 25 more % of iiq to be acheived, but the odds are extremely low. I don't even know if there are existing bases with required item levels to make it possible, or they were just wiped out by the great reset :)

- Are the drops good?
- Yes

- Is the damage sufficient?
- It's not very big, but it's nice, Watcher's Eye Jewel is making it much bigger.

- Isn't this char very slow because of a Greed's Embrace chest?
- It is slow, but a "Gathering Winds", that grant Tailwind after using any skill really helps with this problem, I also grab lot of ms from skill tree.

- Why am I not using perfect bisco's collar amulet, since I have one?
- In my opinion perfect bisco is NOT a best in slot item for magic find. 100% iiq against normal monsters on map is same, or even worse than 20% flat iiq, this roughly is calculated by me basing on normal/magic/rare/uniq monster proportions. Also bisco don't have any other good stats, that rare 20% iiq amulet can have. Mapping with bisco and swapping for rare amu at bosses is also not good, because swapping is time, and time is exalts :)

"TO DO" list - plans, upgrades, etc.:
Spoiler

- upgrade Greed's Embrace quality to 28% at syndycate bench
- upgraded double corrupted HH (iiq mod desired)
- corrupt jewel for "corrupted blood cannot be infliced", then swapping quicksilver flask of staunching for a quicksilver flask of heat to be able to open freezing strongboxes
- upgrade to 28% quality and double corrupt greed's embrace chest
- upgrade do single/double corrupt with curse on hit (ele weak.)
- metacraft iiq jewellery for better other stats

As you see this build is not "finished" and can be upgraded, so feel free to advise me how to do it.
Feel free to ask any questions about the build!

My plan is to make it stronger, so it can farm higher tier maps, or maybe one day even complete the endgame with it ;)

Path of Building pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/mNkpqhqr

youtube.com/clickachu
Last edited by Clickachu on Mar 22, 2020, 9:02:39 AM
Curious, i think i slotted herald of ice with curse on hit and assmark but i didnt notice the curse being applied what are the mechanics of that curse application
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
sendantes wrote:
Curious, i think i slotted herald of ice with curse on hit and assmark but i didnt notice the curse being applied what are the mechanics of that curse application

Hi!

The mechanic of it works in a way, that when you hit enemies with critical strike, and they're killed, they shatter and explode, and the explosion applies the curse on other enemies.

The herald shatter explosion is white-blue icy AoE circle.

Since critical strikes are not dealt on every hit, you don't apply it every time, also it would be hard to apply it on the boss, unless you shatter a monster next to it.

It's very good for mapping, and non-MF players would use Increased Area of Effect support instead of IIQ gem I think, so the shatter is bigger and curse more monsters.

Now it's also possible to get Awakener version of Curse on Hit gem, which allows to apply 2 curses, so players also use 2nd curse gem too, I guess.

So it can apply any curse, that you want basically, for example Poacher's mark, if you need frenzy charges instead of Power charges, but keep in mind, (I'm not 100% how it looks now) that Herld of Ice, and Herald of Thunder can apply this curse, since they "hit" enemies, and it won't work with Herald of Ash, because it doesn't hit, it actually spreads the burning damage to other enemies, but I may be wrong about this Herald of Ash, and they may have changed something, since there are so many changes in this game.

I don't know does it work with Herald of Agony, never checked.
youtube.com/clickachu
Is there an updated version for jewel clusters? Someone could share an idea please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info