[3.9] Dual-wield Ahn's Might Cyclone Slayer | Off Meta | League Starter | Endgame | All Content |

"
XxKhornXx wrote:
Hi! First at all, thanks for the guide it's awesome. My question is why you uses on passive tree Gladiator's Perseverance instead of Martial Experience?

Martial Experience and other nodes in its cluster is for two handed weapon and Gladiator's Perseverance tree cluster is for one-handed weapon. This build uses two one handed swords, dual wielding Ahn's Might Midnight Blade.
Hope someone can respond quick.

I bought x2 rebuke of vaal swords....very high dps...but they are Elemental damage. Can i follow this guide and still use these swords?

-I tried to friend "Asramero" but it said the character doesnt exist so im afraid this guide is dead?
"
Alavar wrote:
Hope someone can respond quick.

I bought x2 rebuke of vaal swords....very high dps...but they are Elemental damage. Can i follow this guide and still use these swords?

-I tried to friend "Asramero" but it said the character doesnt exist so im afraid this guide is dead?

Hey there. The guide is not dead unless massive change done to Ahn's Might which is unlikely, and I will be keeping this guide updated for future leagues as well.

As for your question, Rebuke of the Vaal doesn't work with this build because it scales differently than standard pure physical weapon like Ahn's Might. For Rebuke of the Vaal to even work you have to change a lot of configuration. Unfortunately I have never play with Rebuke of the Vaal before so I can't give you any recommendation on how to build it properly.

If you wish to follow the guide, two Ahn's Might swords and one Pacifism jewel is required for it to work, and it is a much cheaper sword than Rebuke of the Vaal. Lastly, Asramero is my forum account name which is why you don't find it.
Great guide! Just started to follow it.

I have -6 and -7 mana cost of skills on my rings. I'm wondering about Immortal Call, it's stated as level 3 in the guide, why? I have level 1 now and the mana cost is 21. With the increased duration support gem it increases the mana with +40% to 29. So 29-6-7 = 16 mana. I have all the buffs active: Pride, Flesh and Stone, Blood Stance and Dread banner. These reserve 50% + 28% + 10% + 10% = 98% of my mana pool. My max mana is 695. 2% of this is 13,9 which is rounded down to 13. So I have 13 mana available and the immortal call level 1 costs 16.

How should I handle this? Increase my max mana to around 800 (which is quite alot) or shouldn't I use dread banner as active (throw it out as soon as I can?)

Another solution is to replace the increased duration support gem so that the mana cost for immortal call isn't increased with +40%.

EDIT: Hmm. It seems to proc even if I only have 13 max mana and the cost is stated as 16. Isn't the mana cost relevant for CWDT? If so - I guess I should level it past level 3 as suggested in the guide?

EDIT2: There is no mana cost for spells triggered by gems or Vaal skills.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Trigger_Gems

So I'm even more confused why to stop at level 3. Probably because of unnecessary high stat requirements but still. I have plenty of stats to go so I'll keep leveling my immortal call and vulnerability.
Last edited by devcube on Aug 11, 2019, 8:44:55 AM
Hi sir ! im newbie. My level is 20 and i've finished act 1. Follow your guide, i'm equpping 1sw with(onslaught, cleave/, chance of bleeding) and the other with(leap slam, maim, ancestral protector)

when you say :"Sunder > Onslaught > Chance to Bleed > Ruthless or Infernal Blow > Ancestral Call > Added Fire Damage > Ruthless/Onslaught" i dont understand clearly. Can you explain more detail what items should i put them?

I have helmet, armor, boots with 3 linked socket. Because i see most of them is support gem so im not sure if i put them all (Ex: i put ancestral, ruthless, added fire in armor). Does it work correctly?

P/s: sorry for bad english, hope you rep soon. thank you very much !
Hi,

Great guide! Wanted to test a cyclone build but not go the same way as everyone else. Working fine so far leveling up and gonna slay some bosses soon.

Any tips what to upgrade next? Thanks!

@devcube
"
devcube wrote:
Great guide! Just started to follow it.

I have -6 and -7 mana cost of skills on my rings. I'm wondering about Immortal Call, it's stated as level 3 in the guide, why? I have level 1 now and the mana cost is 21. With the increased duration support gem it increases the mana with +40% to 29. So 29-6-7 = 16 mana. I have all the buffs active: Pride, Flesh and Stone, Blood Stance and Dread banner. These reserve 50% + 28% + 10% + 10% = 98% of my mana pool. My max mana is 695. 2% of this is 13,9 which is rounded down to 13. So I have 13 mana available and the immortal call level 1 costs 16.

How should I handle this? Increase my max mana to around 800 (which is quite alot) or shouldn't I use dread banner as active (throw it out as soon as I can?)

Another solution is to replace the increased duration support gem so that the mana cost for immortal call isn't increased with +40%.

EDIT: Hmm. It seems to proc even if I only have 13 max mana and the cost is stated as 16. Isn't the mana cost relevant for CWDT? If so - I guess I should level it past level 3 as suggested in the guide?

EDIT2: There is no mana cost for spells triggered by gems or Vaal skills.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Trigger_Gems

So I'm even more confused why to stop at level 3. Probably because of unnecessary high stat requirements but still. I have plenty of stats to go so I'll keep leveling my immortal call and vulnerability.
Hey there sorry for the late reply. To answer your question the reason not to level it higher than suggested is because how cwdt gem works. At level 1, it supports gem requiring level 38 or lower and level 3 Immortal Call requires level 38 to use. If you level it higher than level 3 you need to level your cwdt gem as well, and higher level cwdt gem requires higher damage taken so it will not be trigger as frequent.

@smartboy95
"
smartboy95 wrote:
Hi sir ! im newbie. My level is 20 and i've finished act 1. Follow your guide, i'm equpping 1sw with(onslaught, cleave/, chance of bleeding) and the other with(leap slam, maim, ancestral protector)

when you say :"Sunder > Onslaught > Chance to Bleed > Ruthless or Infernal Blow > Ancestral Call > Added Fire Damage > Ruthless/Onslaught" i dont understand clearly. Can you explain more detail what items should i put them?

I have helmet, armor, boots with 3 linked socket. Because i see most of them is support gem so im not sure if i put them all (Ex: i put ancestral, ruthless, added fire in armor). Does it work correctly?

P/s: sorry for bad english, hope you rep soon. thank you very much !
Hey there. For active gem like Sunder or Infernal blow to be supported with support gems like Chance to Bleed or Ancestral Call it needs to be linked. Where you place them does not matter as long it has the right link and socket color. As for Sunder and Infernal Blow and the suggested support gems that is up to you on what you prefer. You don't need to use both skill. Since you are new I welcome you to the game and I suggest you take time to read gem and equipment description to get better understanding on how it works. It will get confusing at times so if you have any other question don't hesitate to ask! The wiki is a great place to learn. Just type any item on the search bar and most item page comes with detailed explanation.

@Maggobro
"
Maggobro wrote:
Hi,

Great guide! Wanted to test a cyclone build but not go the same way as everyone else. Working fine so far leveling up and gonna slay some bosses soon.

Any tips what to upgrade next? Thanks!

Quality your Lion's Roar and get level 21 Cyclone with 20% quality. If you don't have Transcendent Flash jewel I recommend it, Tempered Flesh for cheaper alternative. Other than that not much to improve without spending +10 exalted and above, which is not needed for the build and better spend it on other build. Good luck on slaying monster bosses.
did the changes to mana reduction kill this build?
"
phopper33 wrote:
did the changes to mana reduction kill this build?

Sorry for the late reply. This build doesn't use that mechanic; Clarity with Watcher's Eye; 'x' to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity which now (3.8 patch) only applies to non-channeled skills.

Check out Accessory Explanation section for mana cost breakdown. The guide now updated to 3.8. Good luck.
"
Asramero wrote:

Check out Accessory Explanation section for mana cost breakdown. The guide now updated to 3.8. Good luck.

that section doesn't seems to be updated for 3.8, as well as guide, links to tree are from old version (as site says) - mana cost are as well thing of the past

PoB link not updated too, nice..
Last edited by yakamonooni on Sep 9, 2019, 6:08:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info