So about the beta

"
He can use all the dirty psychological trick she just wants, simply because the system forced him to. Let's face it, people donate purely to get into the beta. Maybe 2 or 3 people do it for actually supporting GGG, but otherwise, why do you get a beta key for every single type of donation there? Smells weird.

Noone forces him to buy Beta key, no system is. Want to play but no money? Wait for open beta or release. But no - he uses a trick - if I don't have a key I will have to give up on game..... Why? Why give up ? Wait for free access!
Last edited by SamSaruel on Apr 5, 2012, 5:14:31 AM
"

"
mneumonic wrote:
I gladly paid the $10 for beta access today. The game seems great....getting $10 worth of enjoyment shouldn't be a problem at all.

I rest my goddamn case. People are getting into the beta for fun. Not for testing.

You are aware that some people enjoy beta testing games right? That you can have fun while helping report bugs that you do come across. You seem to be whining an awful lot about not being in this beta for someone who thinks it's all work and no fun without getting paid.
hey OP

after a few hours thought, i was seriously considering gifting you a key. but it would have come with conditions. mainly as i dislike people blatantly asking for stuff (you should see the number of PMs i have asking for a key)

my conditions would have been simple;

i would have suggested you perhaps post more in the forums ... the way i see it is you've been here for 8 months, yet all but one post has been in this thread started today. if this game really means that much to you, then theres no excuse not to be involved and contribute to the community here. talk about what you liked about the game, talk about your experience during the open weekend, tell everyone why you want a beta key so badly. whatever.

thing is, if you show people that you're passionate about something you might be surprised how many will be willing to help you out.

i'm glad for your sake you got a key.

make the most of it.
I don't agree at all with giving that guy a key. He was clearly posting in hopes someone would take pity on him. Giving him a key only encourages others in the same boat to do the same and before you know it we've got 20 pointless threads like these up. I'm a full time college student with very little funds but I had budgeted $10 for this game, anybody not homeless should be able to do the same
"
SamSaruel wrote:
"
He can use all the dirty psychological trick she just wants, simply because the system forced him to. Let's face it, people donate purely to get into the beta. Maybe 2 or 3 people do it for actually supporting GGG, but otherwise, why do you get a beta key for every single type of donation there? Smells weird.

Noone forces him to buy Beta key, no system is. Want to play but no money? Wait for open beta or release. But no - he uses a trick - if I don't have a key I will have to give up on game..... Why? Why give up ? Wait for free access!

I'm not being dishonest, I simply was stating my opinion, and like I said, I thought "wouldn't hurt to try to get a key" (I also mentioned that I probably wouldn't get it, and I am glad I was wrong) and unlike you, people are generous enough. Trust me, I've seen people complain about not getting a key, and usually I don't like it either, so this was a first for me.

The thing is, I work full time, and I don't make a lot of money. I don't buy games because they cost too much. I only puny up money when I feel like I will get my money's worth, and a free weekend isn't gonna convince me to do that.

@Docfoolio

I know you're skeptical, but I don't have any money to play around with. I haven't had a lot of money to play around with for a long time. F2P games are the only types I can afford to play, because there is no pressure for me to buy anything. Though I do end up spending 5 to 10 dollars, if I feel it's worth it. With PoE, I didn't know if it was worth it, I mean the game felt fun, but what if that was only because of the beginning of the content and the middle and end ended up sucking?

Playing it now, I will most likely pay the $10, if I have that after I go grocery shopping and give the key back to the person who donated the key to me. I feel I owe it to him, but you have to realize, I don't have a lot of money, I'm sort of like an intern where I work. I get more allowance than actual salary and I have to pay rent, buy food and every day essentials with it, so I don't get much money to play around with, if at all. I am getting a new job though (hopefully), and I'm hoping that I'll be able to afford more things in the future.
"
ualac wrote:
hey OP

after a few hours thought, i was seriously considering gifting you a key. but it would have come with conditions. mainly as i dislike people blatantly asking for stuff (you should see the number of PMs i have asking for a key)

my conditions would have been simple;

i would have suggested you perhaps post more in the forums ... the way i see it is you've been here for 8 months, yet all but one post has been in this thread started today. if this game really means that much to you, then theres no excuse not to be involved and contribute to the community here. talk about what you liked about the game, talk about your experience during the open weekend, tell everyone why you want a beta key so badly. whatever.

thing is, if you show people that you're passionate about something you might be surprised how many will be willing to help you out.

i'm glad for your sake you got a key.

make the most of it.

I understand your concern, but I don't get to post much on forums because of work, and I usually stick to Youtube or some fan site. It's a habit from my 1.6 days.

Also, like I said, I didn't expect anyone to give me a key (the internet isn't known to be kind to people), but I thought I would ask anyway. A kind person gave me one, and I'm very thankful for him. I was gonna refuse, but judging from his PM he seemed happy enough to give me one, so I accepted it.
You should never give up on a game just because it is taking a bit longer to come out. This game is well worth the wait.
What's good is often forgotten, what's bad is often hidden.
i dont think its worht to give some money for only 2 months ....because the closed beta end of june
need key for free so i can walk ski

where is my key all get but not me rofl
all end at 15.05.12
"
klexio wrote:
i dont think its worht to give some money for only 2 months ....because the closed beta end of june
What is wrong with supporting a company? Plus you are not just paying for the beta, You are also getting the "cash shop" currency. Its a win win :D
What's good is often forgotten, what's bad is often hidden.
...Why has no one mentioned the fact that he technically posted it on the wrong board? I've seen people begging for keys in the beta invite board ever since I got here, and some of them had been waiting a *very* long time.

I won't call this 'begging' -- I really dislike that word; I used it above only because that is the term the people asking for keys use.

Still, BenQ has brought his or her not-entirely-related agenda to the thread -- I find that far more distasteful than anything else here.

to the OP: Congratulations, I hope you enjoy Path of Exile.

But I hope you get that better job even more.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info