[3.8 updated] Post-nerfed "Vengeance on Crit" Gladiator. Counter-attacks are still fine. 8m+ dps

Made my first bigger investment on the build. Boy does it feel good acually after The Iron Fortress :)

Onto Assassin's Mark Ring next I think.

Any recommendation on a good Glancing Blows timeless jewel (placement/number)? Or thoughts on maybe ignoring GB and trying for high block without it? (Block corrupted Eye of Innocence + Block on gloves + Red Nightmare or maybe Rumi's are what come to mind)

I can't fit Soul Tether yet, but I see some alternative setups and figure I'd pick your brain about them.
1.) Doryani Timeless jewel instead of glancing blows (and poentially buffed block)
2.) Shaper 20% cd recovery speed belt (would make fitting resists easier, potentially some more strength and hp), just multimodding around it wouldn't be so good though, so harder to get a nice one.
3.) crit chance corrupted POTCG with Glancing Blows + some block investment (block EOI + Red Nightmare covers the block, some less hp, easier to fit resists, more base crit)

Still loving your build mate, many thanks for it!
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Jul 18, 2019, 12:59:55 PM
Leveling this currently. I'm assuming we'd want all of the crit nodes allocated by lvl 68 when we can start self hitting to trigger vengeance more reliably?
"
neganox wrote:
Leveling this currently. I'm assuming we'd want all of the crit nodes allocated by lvl 68 when we can start self hitting to trigger vengeance more reliably?

That's what I did... but I think it's not necessary. The trigger is reliable enough already when your cyclone hitting multiple targets. At that level you only care about mapping anyway.
Last edited by insobyr on Jul 18, 2019, 10:54:41 PM
Just wanted to drop by one more time to share my progress, as I'm about finished with the build for the league.

So got uber elder down deathless easily and started farming it a bit, with absolute ease, crafted some upgrades that I'd need to juggle around resistances for to utilize, but I feel absolutely no need for it, as the build absolutely destroys the content I tried it at. Will try to push its limites again on standard after the league ends, but now onto my new project :)

I'll still keep my eyes open for some godly 20% cooldown recovery speed belt, as I think would significantly boost deeps (and I could use it for one more build).

Ive been thinking about this too. My idea is Eye of Innocence wit Martyr or Innocence staff, im gonna link a Riposte in the staff and the gems will also support a free vengeance.

Other thing I was thinking is Chain hook and Gluttony. CH is super fast attack movement so it would proc gluttony at a high rate while alslso being an active attack
You can get more dps with following changes if I understood the build correctly.

Cyclone links:
Rage instead of maim
Brutality instead of chance to bleed

keep precision at level 1
add in blood sand, flesh stone, pride and enlighten(3 or 4) in a 4 link
blood stance maims

go from 1.3mil to 2.1mil cyclone dps.
"
Markuchi wrote:
You can get more dps with following changes if I understood the build correctly.

Cyclone links:
Rage instead of maim
Brutality instead of chance to bleed

keep precision at level 1
add in blood sand, flesh stone, pride and enlighten(3 or 4) in a 4 link
blood stance maims

go from 1.3mil to 2.1mil cyclone dps.

If you link cyclone with brutality it won't be able to ignite, so Eye of Innocence won't hit you, you won't proc vengeance and you lose most of your dps.

I changed War Banner to maim supported Flesh and Stone, because I was lazy to multimod my assa mark ring (for the - mana cost). Could fit both the maim support and War Banner with Enlighten I guess, not much need for my CWDT setup.

So I use MPD instead of maim in cyclone, but Rage could be a fun thing to try.

I also want a fortify support corrupted POTCG to be able to 7 link... With little investment, could still cap out block.
Last edited by Zoda_Jones on Jul 30, 2019, 9:51:39 AM
Oh yeah forgot about the ignite.
Rage instead of chance to bleed then I guess.
If you get a maim chest then chance to bleed is probably best for 6th instead of maim support.

Cant get fortify corruption on PoTCG unfortunately. Best is probably aoe + attack speed corruption. I have aoe + power charge on crit corrupt with my pure phys cyclone potcg impale champ.

Might do this version next league.
"
Markuchi wrote:
If you get a maim chest then chance to bleed is probably best for 6th instead of maim support.

Cant get fortify corruption on PoTCG unfortunately. Best is probably aoe + attack speed corruption. I have aoe + power charge on crit corrupt with my pure phys cyclone potcg impale champ.

If you drop chance to bleed on cyclone, you also need to change bloodlust on vengeance.

"
Markuchi wrote:

one thing I don't like about rage support is, it takes way too long to build up rage stacks. In some boss fight like Uber Elder, the fight ends even before I reach 50 stacks.

It's more of a pob tooltip warrior gem to me.
Last edited by insobyr on Jul 31, 2019, 5:13:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info