[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

What would you say is the minimum budget for farming U. Elder, or at least killing him comfortably?
Anyone has thoughts on choice of anointment? Have zoomed into 3 notable in particular: aspect of eagle, master fletcher and assassination.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
Anyone has thoughts on choice of anointment? Have zoomed into 3 notable in particular: aspect of eagle, master fletcher and assassination.

Assassination is by far the one that gives the most dps of the three, but it is also way more expensive.
Master fletcher is a budget option. You should also consider +1 curse if you can get the double curse setup.
-----------

Can someone explain to me why use pride when at level 20 it gives only aura in a 10 units range, which would be melee range. Also, for most of the time no monster would live for more than a second, which would mean that pride is only giving 19% more damage.

Considering this, did anyone tried skitterbots? It reserves less mana, has a way bigger range and it also chills the targets.
"
mcout wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

Assassination is by far the one that gives the most dps of the three, but it is also way more expensive.
Master fletcher is a budget option. You should also consider +1 curse if you can get the double curse setup.
-----------

Can someone explain to me why use pride when at level 20 it gives only aura in a 10 units range, which would be melee range. Also, for most of the time no monster would live for more than a second, which would mean that pride is only giving 19% more damage.

Considering this, did anyone tried skitterbots? It reserves less mana, has a way bigger range and it also chills the targets.

Thanks. So you would think master fletcher would be better than aspect of eagle? I have +1 curse on chest. That free up the anointment slot.

Re pride, I think it’s mostly for bossing. Clear is as you say mostly not a problem. So for bossing there’s the arborix buff at close range + point blank which makes pride range less of an issue. I also quality my pride.
"
Rossko wrote:
Could you (OP) maybe record some 3.8 videos?

Or someone else?

Some clearspeed (with average good gear /non mirror tier gear) would be great.
I think about switching to this from a wander but I am afraid the TS nerf is too bad for clearing...(I am kinda a speed junky and blight encounter are pretty tanky too.)

Thx in advance

Ps. Some written reviews would be great too but videos would be better ofc.

Clear speed is limited by your movement speed mostly. It easily gets enough damage to oneshot everything on the screen with one click if you have the core items of the build with the exception of when so many monsters are on the screen that your chains etc. don't reach everything.

The nerf primarily effected boss damage, the thing in the video where he instakills chimera is not possible anymore since it relied on a bug that was fixed (though still possible with better gear, such as a a mirror tier 8 link harbinger bow but then again what build doesn't go nuts with mirror tier gear?)

the build has a pretty big other reason to play it though. with a few minor changes to the tree (take 6 points from somewhere else and get extra fortify nodes on the bottom left of the tree) and ascendacy (take the taunt nodes instead of free dread banner and don't use precision) it's probably by far the tankiest high-damaging bow build around right now. though it's not ssf viable due to depency on all the uniques.
Last edited by heishe on Sep 24, 2019, 11:43:44 PM
"
heishe wrote:

the build has a pretty big other reason to play it though. with a few minor changes to the tree (take 6 points from somewhere else and get extra fortify nodes on the bottom left of the tree) and ascendacy (take the taunt nodes instead of free dread banner and don't use precision) it's probably by far the tankiest high-damaging bow build around right now. though it's not ssf viable due to depency on all the uniques.

Sounds like something I might want to try out.
Update from yesterday: I got lucky(found a nice shaper base)and was able to get farrul’s fur and updated my build to use 5 frenzy charges. Removed Assassin’s mark and added vulnerability curse. These two changes drastically improved my issues with bossing. Having 5 frenzy charges up all the time during boss fights makes it much easier to burst with barrage. Thanks for the advice yesterday!
"
mcout wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

-----------

Pride give u +2 impale hits with watcher eye.
"
Yogogo wrote:
"
mcout wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:

-----------

Pride give u +2 impale hits with watcher eye.

Right. That too.
Hi, I feel like my damage is low, could anyone see my character and tell me what is the problem? Now I know that my jewels are useless trash (for real) but atleast I got lioneye. And I am aware of last lab also helping because of the fortify skills on tree. Just wondering if there's anything else wrong with my char. Currently my goal is getting Rigwalds because I think fork will really help with clearing. If that shouldn't be my next bigger upgrade, let me know what should please.

my pob: https://pastebin.com/8d1tjst4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info