[3.7] [ASS] THE NOVACLONE - Cyclone CoC Ice Nova/Frostbolt [WIP]

I'm running this currently on budget. Using life leech support instead of cold pen and it's keeping me alive quite well.
sorry for my noob question but if i dont have cooldown, that means ice nova from sword will not work? (sorry for my english)
Hello. I've got a few questions.

1. Have you considered simply speccing into the few life nodes you have left? You can hit 177 life with it which should be enough to kill anything.

2. Have you considered putting a Tempered Mind jewel in the topmost jewel slot? It'll give you +500 free accuracy. Which means you can hit 100% hit chance WITHOUT lycosidae allowing you to equip any damage shield. Ahn's heritage, saffell's frame or simply a good rare shield would boost defenses a TON.

You could even dual wield weapons. Though that won't do anything with cyclone.

This is my current skill tree http://poeurl.com/cvQE which has similar damage. yet I swapped out Phase accro (which you could get from atziri's step if you really wanted it. I don't think it's worth it IMO) and some other nodes to go from your 153 life to 177% life. Which will put you at 5.8k life with 'bad' stock gear. Which should be enough to survive almost anything if you play with caution and the sand blind.

The hybrid idea is actually really interesting. It effectively increases your maximum life by a large amount if you use the disclipline. It does seem to me like you're losing out on a TON of damage from hatred though. With watcher's eye and hatred you can get another 60% more cold damage.

Edit: If you do end up taking the jewel instead of lycosi. Zeel's amplifier gives the following:

50% spell damage
+80 ES
+70 life
1% increased AoE per enemy killed up to 50%

Alternatively Saffel's frame will give 30% spell damage, 20% spell damage block and +4 to all MAX resistances.

The highest DPS increase would be Light of lunaris, which only gives ES but also gives a 33% base chance to block, 33% crit multiplier, 39-60 added damage to spells and 60-80 increased critical strike chance.
Last edited by OIdcheese on Jul 9, 2019, 3:05:07 PM
In CheeQu guide they are saying that we shouln't surpass 7.57 Attacks per second or the DPS will be lower. With the amount of Attack speed we get from tree, items and onslaught we are fine but if we add AS from frenzy charges from poacher's mark, we gain 8+ APS.
Did you notice that when you place your Doriany's Glorious Vanity, the arcane vision node next to pain attunement becomes "revitalising frost" and grants 30% increased cold damage and 0.2 cold damage leach as life wich can be useful !
"
Did you notice that when you place your Doriany's Glorious Vanity, the arcane vision node next to pain attunement becomes "revitalising frost" and grants 30% increased cold damage and 0.2 cold damage leach as life wich can be useful !

Interesting. Is it only spell damage? I imagine using this you could remove leech on amulet and get some other mods without the amulet getting too expensive. Like get #% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos, damage penetrates resistances or #% increased damage per dex/int. You could even slot in reduced attribute requirements and manage to keep the build up with 0 external dex/int.
So I said, why Lycosidae? A waste. Better another Cosprice and for accuracy I can use Precision aura anyway.

Get rid of the shield --> Chance to hit: 68%

Ok no thx xD
Last edited by FedeS on Jul 13, 2019, 1:37:51 PM
"

This is not a good place to put Doriany's Glorious Vanity, because there are too many passive nodes you got around there and they will be changed. The better place I got is near MoM or Avatar of Fire. I needed to buy like 10 Doriany's Glorious to get one working with 35% Cold damage + 0.2% Cold leech. Then I sold all other 9 jewels that did not work.
man you're killing me, "I am using the gull for fun" XDDDDDDDDDD
Seems interesting, would be nice to have a POB link thanks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info