0.10.3b Patch Notes

"
"
Increased the drop rate of Maps in non-Map areas.

W000000000000000000000000000000000T

dat doesnt mean dat we will see maps dropping more than 1 per week :D
i suppose.
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.10.3b
  • Fixed a bug introduced in 0.10.3 where some chests would drop too many items.
  • Increased the drop rate of Maps in non-Map areas.
  • Slightly increased the drop rate of high level Maps.

Thank you GGG.
"
Valmar wrote:
"
Hornet85 wrote:

So its hardcore to not find any maps?

That would be a broken game, imho, very different from hardcore mentality.
But that thing did'nt happen. You are overexagerating I think.

What happens here (imho) is two things:

1) People dont know how to craft well the maps
2) People dont have enough pacience for anything, and they just complain about everything that is not their taste in spite of play more. I understand this behaviour, is just I don't feel the same (I see people complaining after doing 5 runs and not fidngin maps, and they even said they are using 200 IIQ LOL, they have to read mechanics and whinning less I guess). This is sick. 5 runs, omg. I lose 30 minutes and didnt find any map!! GGG fix it!! LOL

The sad part is GGG listen to casual players and gave up. And they are doing more nowadays. I ofc still trust them, and I enjoy this game a lot. But if they start listening to every complain or whine from lazy people, then the game will be turn into Path Of Casuals. And they won't stop.
Everytime they don't like something, they will whine again, and GGG will change. One and other time. Until GGG decides to not change one thing. And then, those casuals will left the game, because they are lazy and CANT play a game if its not like they want.
Then, I guess, only we hardcore players remain here. But then, we will look at the game and we will think the game is so different from what GGG promised during closed beta, and very different from which we thought and payed for, that is just another ARPG more --> lose interest --> leave.

So I think its not smart from GGG to give up and disapoint all the hardcore players, the game was supposed to be for us I guess. We wanted a different game, and imho since open beta started, GGG has changed a lot, they are trying to make everybody happy. I understand it, but I think its not good for this game.

Ontopic:
Currently I got something like 14-15 maps or so (and I think they are not too much). Never have run out of them till date. Same in close beta.

Anyway, was my opinion, man. I understand yours. Why not _-_

PS: sorry for my bad English, if something sounds offensive, its not intended, I just lack the knowledge to write it in a more friendly/polite way.

First to the bolded part I tip my hat to you. You write more concise in your second+ language then I do in my native language.

Now to the part I underlined let me ask you shouldn't the whole point of spending currency on maps be to diversify the content to challenge your builds or groups ability? Instead what we have is everyone trying to craft maps to a very select few sets of prefixes and suffixes in hopes of boosting the chances of getting more maps to drop.Why have the game mechanics all the way from killing Hillock up to the point of gaining access to the eternal laboratory be about overcomming challenges to proceed in content yet when we reach maps the game mechanic changes to paying to access content?

Now on the topic of the patch of increasing map drops hopefully this means that GGG is starting to realize the contradiction of their philosophy of nerfing a recipe saying it's wrong for players to farm lower level content for drops yet if you are out of maps you must farm lower level content for maps.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
Last edited by velrac on Mar 14, 2013, 7:24:13 AM
"
Valmar wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hornet85 wrote:

So its hardcore to not find any maps?

That would be a broken game, imho, very different from hardcore mentality.
But that thing did'nt happen. You are overexagerating I think.

What happens here (imho) is two things:

2) People dont have enough pacience for anything, and they just complain about everything that is not their taste in spite of play more. I understand this behaviour, is just I don't feel the same (I see people complaining after doing 5 runs and not fidngin maps, and they even said they are using 200 IIQ LOL, they have to read mechanics and whinning less I guess). This is sick. 5 runs, omg. I lose 30 minutes and didnt find any map!! GGG fix it!! LOL

The sad part is GGG listen to casual players and gave up. And they are doing more nowadays. I ofc still trust them, and I enjoy this game a lot. But if they start listening to every complain or whine from lazy people, then the game will be turn into Path Of Casuals. And they won't stop.
Everytime they don't like something, they will whine again, and GGG will change. One and other time. Until GGG decides to not change one thing. And then, those casuals will left the game, because they are lazy and CANT play a game if its not like they want.
Then, I guess, only we hardcore players remain here. But then, we will look at the game and we will think the game is so different from what GGG promised during closed beta, and very different from which we thought and payed for, that is just another ARPG more --> lose interest --> leave.

So I think its not smart from GGG to give up and disapoint all the hardcore players, the game was supposed to be for us I guess. We wanted a different game, and imho since open beta started, GGG has changed a lot, they are trying to make everybody happy. I understand it, but I think its not good for this game.

Ontopic:
Currently I got something like 14-15 maps or so (and I think they are not too much). Never have run out of them till date. Same in close beta.

Anyway, was my opinion, man. I understand yours. Why not _-_

PS: sorry for my bad English, if something sounds offensive, its not intended, I just lack the knowledge to write it in a more friendly/polite way.
Spoiler

I dunno, I can sympathise with people who had problems. The map drop was/is in that area where RNG can really bite.

My map history...

I had 3 maps when I first did one in OB. They all went, even rolled and chiseled at least to some degree, with no maps from them.

I grinded out a stock of 6, they didn't last long.

I attempted with a 5/6/7 stock a few more times, ended up on 0 again each time after getting a few while running them.

I then decided to do a full lvl, which was 79-80 iirc, in Docks and save every map. I dinged 80 with 12 maps. My first map got 1 map, my second map dropped a mad 10 maps, 5x66 and 5x67.
So at this point I was on 21 maps (it's worth making a side note that these 10 were a freak).

I would then often get as high as 40 and as low as 16, I'm currently up in the high 40's again but was very recently down to 22.

So, you can see a massive range, going from 40 to 16 was a drop of 24. It's also worth noting that 24 range hitting at the wrong time would have destroyed my 12 map starter pool, even the 21 map pool after the 10 drop.

Now, I play a lot, silly amounts of time in game. Some guy who can only give 2 hours a day, or less, with my sample applied to them, could effectively see a month or more of negative trend with maps, even when augmenting them to a decent quantity.

That's pretty disheartening, GGG don't want to nerf the game for a certain audience, but they do have a dilemma when the RNG gods can effectively piss off a wider range of audience.

Anyway, all that said...I haven't even noticed a difference, it looks like we may have the first developer in a long while that actually knows how to fine tweak.

Edit; as a tip.. get as big a 'starter' map pool as you can, to cushion the RNG.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 14, 2013, 7:34:35 AM
Map drop rate was fine
"

Sorry but people know how to craft well. We have known that for a long time.
pack size area size maze.
These are the easiest mods, and they give more chance to drop maps.
Personnaly, I think that theses mods should decrease the chance to drop maps.
Then people will have to try hard mods, like no life regen, increase monsters damage etc...
But as long as it's not the case, the words "hardcore players" should not even exist in poe threads.
Last edited by MegaK666 on Mar 14, 2013, 9:00:59 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

That's pretty disheartening, GGG don't want to nerf the game for a certain audience, but they do have a dilemma when the RNG gods can effectively piss off a wider range of audience.

Relying on RNG too much is bad design and something that ARPG's should finish off. There should be hidden entropy checks to curve the lower and higher percentile of the probability distribution, and drops should be balanced around that to a sensible time investments to get a given minimum number of maps.

Developers are too stubborn about the abuse of RNG and this is not good for players, be them HC or not. It has nothing to do with being HC or not, people has to understand how probability works and how can you be screwed over rand over, and stop extrapolating their own personal experiences to the rest and generalizing from there.

In one word: abusing RNG under certain mechanics is terrible game design.
"
MegaK666 wrote:

But as long as it's not the case, the words "hardcore players" should not even exist in poe threads.

Well said.
That guy is nothing but a "hardcore" whiner
IGN:Berserk_Button
"
I understand this behaviour, is just I don't feel the same (I see people complaining after doing 5 runs and not fidngin maps, and they even said they are using 200 IIQ LOL, they have to read mechanics and whinning less I guess).

well, i know that IIQ doesnt affect map drops inside maps...

but does it affect map drops on a regular locations?? lunaris/solaris/docks....
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
I cant even imagine how someone (especially game developers) can think that gating content behind RNG is good design.

Imagine World Of Warcraft with roll 1-100 when you enter zone and if you roll <50 yuo are kicked from server for 15 min. Or D2LOD where you must do 50 travincal runs to allow you run Mephisto 5 times (MAYBE because its RNG you know)...
Because its the same like in PoE (if you out of luck you CANT play this content - go somewhere else or unninstall)
RNG is RNG hardores! I sure you will enjoy that yea? RNG is so fun!

The maps system will never by enjoyable with that heavy RNG. NEVER.
I always said this that white maps should be in vendors inventories with steadily progressive prices. It will not kill the game. Trust me. You want gate content? Gate it with expensive vendor price not idiotic RNG. It will have another side effect - it will add PURPOSE for grind for high lvl players.

Item drops via RNG? why not. Crits, item procs, all this stuff? Ofc! its HnS! But RNG based content? TERRIBLE IDEA.

Srsly i really hope that GGG will change the way of thinking is some areas of the game.

Or another idea: Instead of crappy alteration shards why not make items with ilvl 50+ (or even 60+) gives "maps fragments" instead? Combine 20/30/40/xx map fragments to create full map. It will make another MEGA BORING part of them game (vendoring) a little more fun and rewarding.

Srsly.. there are countless possibilities to make this system more fun and player friendly.. instead GGG will choose way with RNG gating.... oh why oh why? You have BRILLIANT system and you make so hard to enjoy it. What design reasoning is behind this? i cant imagine tbh.

Another idea: Game needs GEM SINK (and its promised 6 months ago - still nothing) - combine gem sink with map fragments somehow. For example LEVELED gems from cruel/mercilles+ (not normal to avoid rushing quests and abusing) can give map fragments at vendors etc....
Last edited by KarraKurri on Mar 14, 2013, 9:22:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info