[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
Rootsmann wrote:
Seeing that you updated the endgame optimisation I re-read it and noticed that: "For tree optimizations, if you can get enough Intelligence and Strength from gear, you can remove Primal Spirit"

I was debating with myself removing these 2 passives, but I was more hesitating on the 5% flask effect and the 20% increased flask charge gain.

From your experience, the 20% increased charge gain is not really usefull as a Pathfinder?

The flask effect is pretty nice, but nah, neither it or flas charge gain is very imporant compared to 2 saved passive points. I dropped Primal Spirit last league when I got enough stats from gear and it was definitely worth it.

Also, small build update:

- Replaced Jade flask with Quartz flask
- Added separate Iron Reflexes item set with Jade flask
- Replaced Phasing abyss jewel with regular jewel with life and poison damage in main setup (because of Quartz flask change)

So I noticed that in main setup replacing Jade Flask with Quartz flask loses us only 1% melee/projectile avoid chance while gaining both reliable phasing (for delve and just general mapping) and some extra spell avoid chance (50% -> 63%). With this change I had to make separate Iron Reflexes setup, because that one still needs Jade flask for molten shell. I also replaced Phasing abyss jewel on tree with regular jewel with damage and life because it is not necessary anymore (but again, Iron Reflexes tree is still using it).

Divine Flesh version switched from Jade to Quartz flask too (but Forbidden Taste + Jade flask is still ideal end-game flask setup for it).

Main post is already updated with new PoB.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
This build looks like a lot of fun. Sorry if these are asked already but its hard to find in these big threads.

Are you recommending Toxic Rain all the way until maps, and then switch to Scourge arrow?

For the gem links, can you use herald of agony without supports? Wasn't sure why it doesn't have any minion damage / damage on full life supports for example, unless its damage is insignificant compared to your own damage at end game?
"
Seldric_ wrote:
This build looks like a lot of fun. Sorry if these are asked already but its hard to find in these big threads.

Are you recommending Toxic Rain all the way until maps, and then switch to Scourge arrow?

For the gem links, can you use herald of agony without supports? Wasn't sure why it doesn't have any minion damage / damage on full life supports for example, unless its damage is insignificant compared to your own damage at end game?

Yeah. You can level with SA from 28 if you want, but TR is simply faster.

For HoAG, the build is using it just for the buff (10% more poison damage, or 20% more with circle of nostalgia and poison chance). In end-game the damage gain from linking it is < than the damage gain for SA by simply utilizing the unreserved mana for more offensive auras.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
Small guide update:

15th October 2019
- Added Amulet anointments section

So because people were asking about this very often, I tried to summarize some of anointments I think are very useful for the build in there. Hopefully it will be helpful.
My builds:
My site:
Hi all , what about crafting end-game elder bow version with Vicious Projectiles + Delve mod ?
In god we trust.
"
Essenteal wrote:
Hi all , what about crafting end-game elder bow version with Vicious Projectiles + Delve mod ?

From oplaid few pages before:
"
oPlaiD wrote:

In PoB going from Darkscorn to my VP+poison mod bow gives me nearly 45% more poison damage:

I got lucky and bought the base already 6L with VP+Poison mod and two trash suffixes for 4ex, so it was fairly cheap to wipe the suffixes and multimod it. Not many good crafted suffixes so I went with the top attack speed roll and the hybrid accuracy mod, but you can do what you want.

Chaos Dmg+Delve Poison mod will top Darkscorn, and this bow will top that by a significant margin.

It isn't THAT bad to craft one yourself now since Corroded fossil has dropped in price to 4/5c compared to the 10/11c I was paying for rolls before I managed to buy that base. Plus the Delve stash tab has made fossil buying in bulk much easier.

Rolling bows with just Corroded fossil is the simplest and generally most effective way to land these two mods. You can do Corroded+Aberrant if you want the chance to land the Despair on hit mod and it'll give you about the same chance to land VP+Delve mod as solo Corroded, but then you have to deal with buying twice as many fossils.

And just be warned when I say it isn't "that bad" to craft a bow like this, we're talking something like a 0.75% chance to land any level VP mod plus the Delve poison mod. That means you'll need to spend maybe 5-6ex on average to land the mod combination, and even if you do it may have an extra trash prefix or three suffixes so you'll need to land annuls to make it craftable.

But if you're looking for another place to push this build and you aren't doing a Darkscorn+Divine Flesh setup, going for the VP bow is the way to do it.

So I guess just Corroded fossil spam should do the trick, but its costly.
My builds:
My site:
Thanks for your answers on the flask nodes.

I edited my post but right when you answered (as seen in your quotation) so you missed thise part:

"
On the same line, I got rid of the Scion life and Sentinel by anointing Constitution "accidendtaly", so I'm also debating droping Profane chemistry and getting Perfect agony from the tree with those points. This would be an experiment.

How much do you value Profane chemistry and what flask would choose over witchfire brew in place of Coralito?

What is your opinion.
"
Rootsmann wrote:
Thanks for your answers on the flask nodes.

I edited my post but right when you answered (as seen in your quotation) so you missed thise part:

"
On the same line, I got rid of the Scion life and Sentinel by anointing Constitution "accidendtaly", so I'm also debating droping Profane chemistry and getting Perfect agony from the tree with those points. This would be an experiment.

How much do you value Profane chemistry and what flask would choose over witchfire brew in place of Coralito?

What is your opinion.

Pathing to Perfect Agony is not worth it when we can have basically 100% uptime on Corallito. It also adds a lot of duration and poison chance. I would not replace Corallito with Witchfire personally.
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Pathing to Perfect Agony is not worth it when we can have basically 100% uptime on Corallito. It also adds a lot of duration and poison chance. I would not replace Corallito with Witchfire personally.

I kind of agree with you but the benefit/loss are so not obvious that I'll argue this:

Provided the Scion wheel and Profane Chemistry are not taken, we have enough points to do whatever we want. Perfect agony ask for 4 points, so does "King of heel" bow wheel (my current choice).

So we compare:

King of heel + Coralito
+ 46% Damage with bow
+ 120% crit chance (useless damage wise with Corallito except if you have frenzy on crit)
+ 46% dot damage
+ 15% crit multi
+ 75% poison duration
+ 25% chance to poison
+ knockback on crit

with Perfect agony + Witchfire
- 5% chaos res on ennemy (compared to a lv12 curse from gloves)
+ 4% increased got damage taken for ennemies (compared to a lv12 curse from gloves)
+ 20 flat chaos damage (compared to a lv12 curse from gloves)
+ 40% dot damage
+ blind on smoke cloud
+ ALL CRIT MULTI on initial crit hits for poison calculation since Coralito is gone.

The stats from perfect agony + witchfire are hard to evaluate. The numbers are small on despair improvement but they affect mobs stats which is of great influence. The combinaison of an additional 20 flat chaos damage and the fact that crits do crit now imply that the initial poison damage (before all our multipliers) will be singnificantly higher. As for poison chance, we stand at more than 90% without the flask, I'll check tonight if it's not 100% actually.

What do chief !?? :D
No but more seriously, are you interested in evaluating the pros and cons or do you see this as not really interesting? I would understand any case.
Last edited by Rootsmann on Oct 15, 2019, 10:17:49 AM
"
Rootsmann wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

I kind of agree with you but the benefit/loss are so not obvious that I'll argue this:

Provided the Scion wheel and Profane Chemistry are not taken, we have enough points to do whatever we want. Perfect agony ask for 4 points, so does "King of heel" bow wheel (my current choice).

So we compare:

King of heel + Coralito
+ 46% Damage with bow
+ 120% crit chance (useless damage wise with Corallito except if you have frenzy on crit)
+ 46% dot damage
+ 15% crit multi
+ 75% poison duration
+ 25% chance to poison
+ knockback on crit

with Perfect agony + Witchfire
- 5% chaos res on ennemy (compared to a lv12 curse from gloves)
+ 4% increased got damage taken for ennemies (compared to a lv12 curse from gloves)
+ 20 flat chaos damage (compared to a lv12 curse from gloves)
+ 40% dot damage
+ blind on smoke cloud
+ ALL CRIT MULTI on initial hits for poison calculation since Coralito is gone.

The stats from perfect agony + witchfire are hard to evaluate. The numbers are small on despair improvement but they affect mobs stats which is of great influence. The combinaison of an additional 20 flat chaos damage and the fact that crits do crit now imply that the initial poison damage (before all our multipliers) will be singnificantly higher. As for poison chance, we stand at more than 90% without the flask, I'll check tonight if it's not 100% actually.

What do chief !?? :D
No but more seriously, are you interested in evaluating the pros and cons or do you see this as not really interesting? I would understand any case.

Well, I would start with that you are probably misunderstanding the corallito mod. The `Your Critical Strikes do not deal extra Damage during Flask effect` applies only to hits, it do not lowers poison DPS by slightest as the crit damage bonus for ailments is calculated separately as separate multiplier. So increasing crit chance is still valid with Corallito, it will still increase your DPS, same with crit multi etc. The difference between PA on tree and PA + no extra damage from crits from Corallito for poison build is none.

The blind from Witchfire is pretty meh, and range is pretty meh too, so you still want despair on hit or self cast unless you want to cycle around enemy. Witchfire being Stibnite flask on the other hand is very nice. But also, you are forgetting that if you are dropping Corallito and plan to take some crit nodes on tree and Perfect Agony, you just lost Diamond flask as well, so no lucky crits (atm we are not crit build at all, Corallito is just for poison duration + poison chance to increase DPS, but PA is meh for us, barely doing anything without extra investment from tree).
My builds:
My site:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info