[3.7] 2H Cyclone Slayer - Crit, Pure Phys - All Content

"
Armisal wrote:
Why starforge? isn't the elder items we made still higher dps? or is it to make up for the life loss from not having kaom's?
Because you won't get the fortify link from the weapon when you socket cyclone in a -15 mana cost body armour.

"
Armisal wrote:
I was curious to see what would happen to my powerhouse after all the nerfs.

The range is way smaller now - probably 1/3 smaller.

My cyclone is still free (in my hideout anyway, i didn't try a map), and I have L20/20 infused channelling and 2 items with -mana (-8 and -6). Tooltip doesn't list a mana cost either. So no need to lose an aura?

Looking at my bench looks like they've split the -mana crafts into channelling and non-channelling. I suppose my now legacy craft applies to both?

New crafts can only do -3 max lol, need alot of those crafts to maintain my 14 mana cost cyclone - maybe maim setup is better now?

Although that's still alot of -3 crafts required to maintain free cyclone?
Old gear from Legion gets to keep the legacy ring mods (which work on channeling skills), so you can ignore the mana issues.

You can't really get free cyclone with just -3 jewelry unfortunately, the 7L mana cost with Infused Channeling is 12.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 19, 2019, 4:37:53 PM
0.21% of physical damage leeched as mana on my gloves is proving totally sufficient. I only run out of mana if I'm holding spin and not actually hitting monsters for a long time, even with only 170 mana.
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Armisal wrote:
Why starforge? isn't the elder items we made still higher dps? or is it to make up for the life loss from not having kaom's?
Because you won't get the fortify link from the weapon when you socket cyclone in a -15 mana cost body armour.

"
Armisal wrote:
I was curious to see what would happen to my powerhouse after all the nerfs.

The range is way smaller now - probably 1/3 smaller.

My cyclone is still free (in my hideout anyway, i didn't try a map), and I have L20/20 infused channelling and 2 items with -mana (-8 and -6). Tooltip doesn't list a mana cost either. So no need to lose an aura?

Looking at my bench looks like they've split the -mana crafts into channelling and non-channelling. I suppose my now legacy craft applies to both?

New crafts can only do -3 max lol, need alot of those crafts to maintain my 14 mana cost cyclone - maybe maim setup is better now?

Although that's still alot of -3 crafts required to maintain free cyclone?
Old gear from Legion gets to keep the legacy ring mods (which work on channeling skills), so you can ignore the mana issues.

You can't really get free cyclone with just -3 jewelry unfortunately, the 7L mana cost with Infused Channeling is 12.

oh I see, the -15 mana from the chest isn't global.

oh well, I'm glad I played this build at it's prime/OP. The almost screen wide cyclone, tanky as hell, dps while kiting/moving (perfect for bosses as you don't have to face tank and attack), knock back cheapness on map bosses and high dps... thanks for the gg build last league.
Honestly I'm a league late and still starting to get geared up, and it feels as good as ED/Contagion did last league. Possibly the best character I've played, reminds me of Tri-Herald Blade Vortex elementalist during one of the leagues where that was good.
Hey how's it going man. I started playing poe very last week of Legion season and this is the build that I was following and now I tried follow your guidelines and made myself a 2h sword slayer cyclone that I finished uber elder few times. My problem with my build right now is that I feel like I'm lacking damage as well as surviability and I would like to use kaom's heart, but as you know the patch has screwed over a lot of people and now I'm just stuck at level 93. I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on my passive skills and items to lookout for me to buy to improve my character overall. Please help.
Here is my current Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/0aSzmrtu
Thanks in advance
"
franzisk wrote:
Hey how's it going man. I started playing poe very last week of Legion season and this is the build that I was following and now I tried follow your guidelines and made myself a 2h sword slayer cyclone that I finished uber elder few times. My problem with my build right now is that I feel like I'm lacking damage as well as surviability and I would like to use kaom's heart, but as you know the patch has screwed over a lot of people and now I'm just stuck at level 93. I was wondering if you could give me some suggestions on my passive skills and items to lookout for me to buy to improve my character overall. Please help.
Here is my current Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/0aSzmrtu
Thanks in advance
-Get s source of Fortify (either on cyclone or on leap slam) - your Rampart passive is useless right now.
-Get an Assassin's Mark ring. I'd also swap the Acuities and Carnage Heart for the items I listed in my guide. (Vaal Pact isn't that great without Overleech)
-If you want more life you'll have to drop damage on the passive tree and get more life nodes. The 135% you have atm is very low.
-Get an Impale Watcher's Eye. Also a Lethal Pride if you can afford a good one.
-Get Onslaught on kill on your Abyss Jewel.
.Get Vaal Molten Shell.
-I would consider to use Aspect of the Spider instead of Flesh and Stone because the damage bonus from two different maim sources overwrites each other (PoB doesn't show that apparently). The defensive bonus from F&S is still pretty good of course.
-Swap the Faster Attacks and Onslaught supports in your AW for better ones, e.g. Impale, Ruthless, Pulverize, Maim, Fortify, Conc Effect, ...
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 5, 2019, 10:25:09 AM
If I'm trying to use Aspect of the Spider, I need to remove one of my auras. Looks like I'd lose less DPS by getting rid of Precision vs Pride, but I don't know if it's worth losing Precision for Aspect of the Spider (can't seem to calculate the dif in POB). Any suggestion here?

*EDIT* Welp someone kindly pointed out that I need to change Precision to level 1 (which your guide clearly states in the gem list). Please disregard :D
Last edited by Huseby on Nov 6, 2019, 4:27:02 PM
Will this build work with a 6l belly and a 6l favour?
"
Will this build work with a 6l belly and a 6l favour?
Would not recommend, but it won't break the build.
Keep in mind that there been nerfs to the mana sustain, so the build as outlined (with the -mana rings) doesn't work anymore.
Builds and Guides:
Want to say thank you for making the guide, Playing cyclone since the last few weeks in Legion(really wish have started earlier).
using the champion version because more defense(i think), also using a jewel with +mana gained on attack and almost never have mana problem, still have Pride, Precision(1), Dread Banner, Flesh & Stone, Blood & Sand active.

My first ever character to beat uber elder is a lv.86 champion using this build in Legion standard just a few days before Blight start.
again thank you for taking the time to write the guide.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info