[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

Any idea what gear I should upgrade next? I know my helm isn't optimal but I go uncapped if I equip my other helm that has -chaos resist to nearby enemies. Should I replace my quiver first?

I'm sitting at 4.4k hp and 2.5k ES, and I'm also using a timeless vanity jewel so my tree is a bit different. I still feel a bit squishy and get 1 shot at times in red maps for bosses and legion. Thanks.
"
goobergeorge wrote:
Any idea what gear I should upgrade next? I know my helm isn't optimal but I go uncapped if I equip my other helm that has -chaos resist to nearby enemies. Should I replace my quiver first?

I'm sitting at 4.4k hp and 2.5k ES, and I'm also using a timeless vanity jewel so my tree is a bit different. I still feel a bit squishy and get 1 shot at times in red maps for bosses and legion. Thanks.

What auras are you running? Are you using grace, or just have it in there for Vaal Grace? Do you usually have gems in your boots/gloves?

Feel like it's pretty straightforward, you're going to have to drop some of your damage or MF for HP. You don't have any HP on 5 of your items (and your ring only has the enchant version of HP) or any of your jewels- getting one shot is just going to happen sometimes.

Here's what I would do -
Get rid of Essence Worm, don't think it's worth it if you use Perfect Form since it makes Artic Armour not free (and it'd let you pick up a Ventor's).
Get rid of Bisco's Collar, pick up a +10% item quantity necklace with HP/Resists (or multimod it). As a bonus this may let you reclaim one of your +30 stat nodes.
Get +7% life gems in place of the pure damage ones you have.
Drop Rotgut and Sulphur flask for Jade/Quicksilver. With a Jade + reasonable cold res (and maybe the flask nodes), you should be evasion capped. Throw an onslaught on kill +maximum life gem into your tree.

I guess related to the auras thing- are the mana nodes worth it? That'd get you back 3 points. If you dropped temp chains you would get back another 4 (I've never used it, not sure how worth it that is). Combine that with a different amulet and that's 7-8 extra points. Get another level or two and that's some pretty significant health increase.

Edit: You've changed your gear since I responded, so now I'm not sure what gear you meant. I will say that I haven't died since I switched from IC to Steelskin, it feels way better to me.
Last edited by matt__ on Jul 20, 2019, 5:51:00 AM
Super casual, somewhat clueless player here, don't have a question just wanted to say thanks for the guide. My first EDC build so obvs went for "the best one" :-)

Casual + SSF means I struggle for gear. And as a crafted bow seems unlikely, I farmed the cards for a Tabula only for one to drop when I was one card short. So I ended up with two and corrupted the spare:

With the colours I needed as well. So I used that and now have a "new" spare which ended up my first ever double corrupt:

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded my gear, and that's very fun to play, around 60% chance to evade attack,8% to dodge attacks, 50% chance to dodge spells

6.1k HP, 1.8k ES

Running 5 auras : Grace, Malevolence, Flesh and stone, arctic armour and purity of elements

+ Watcher's eyes giving : chaos res with Purity of elem, Non ailment chaos damage with malevolence, and chance to dodge attack with grace

and that's awesome
Last edited by SaintHammer on Jul 20, 2019, 9:44:46 AM
This build is tanky?
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
This build is tanky?

I don't ever die on it in T16 maps or vs Uber Elder, though it's more 'evade-y' than 'tanky'. Most things will miss, and what doesn't miss you can easily have enough effective HP to survive and heal/leech back to full.
OK so I just rolled the +1 socketed gems and regaled into stun immunity. Is it recommended to try to annul or is it better to multimod, prefixes can’t be changed, another prefix, then scour. Thanks in advance.
"
OK so I just rolled the +1 socketed gems and regaled into stun immunity. Is it recommended to try to annul or is it better to multimod, prefixes can’t be changed, another prefix, then scour. Thanks in advance.

Up to your personal risk tolerance, but on average it should be cheaper to just try to annul.

Hell, for the 2ex it costs to craft that on, you could just buy a rare bow with +1 socketed gems and save any RNG.
Last edited by matt__ on Jul 23, 2019, 3:55:29 PM
Anyone have a pob or link to the shags low life version of this build?

I managed to link and color a shavs a few days ago and like to give it a try.
Theamazonbasin
Last edited by Godfeast_1 on Jul 24, 2019, 10:36:51 PM
"
Godfeast_1 wrote:
Anyone have a pob or link to the shags low life version of this build?

I managed to link and color a shavs a few days ago and like to give it a try.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Shavronnes-Wrappings&skill=Essence-Drain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info