[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
AIXtreme2 wrote:

Multimod 2 EX
Chaos Damage 4C?
Cast Speed 4C?
+2 support Gems 2 EX

according to this site the +2 support gems craft is 1ex. i haven't unlocked it yet so i can't confirm. did it go up to 2ex?
With a solstice vigil are you able to run despair and temp chains together? or do you need to spec into whispers of doom to run both (or have another +1 curse ability).
"
qaizr wrote:
"
AIXtreme2 wrote:

Multimod 2 EX
Chaos Damage 4C?
Cast Speed 4C?
+2 support Gems 2 EX

according to this site the +2 support gems craft is 1ex. i haven't unlocked it yet so i can't confirm. did it go up to 2ex?

according to the wiki it's 2ex (which I'm glad because that's what I paid the other day for the craft ;)
"

And I wanted to know if the Blind, Onslaugh and Faster projectiles support corruptions on the bow were interesting for us. Same question for the skill chain corruption on the quiver !

The quiver ones are not good. Chain doesn't really mean anything since Contagion spreads the skill. The bow corruptions can be nice though. Frenzy on kill and faster projectiles are the best ones. I am not 100% sure how ED supported by onslaught gem works. I am *pretty* sure it won't work for the DOT that was spread to the whole pack by Contagion.

"
musicesmelife wrote:
1) Does the essence drain 40% helmet enchant actually affect DOT? I've been reading some people say it only affects the on-hit damage?

2) Can you give some insight in how to craft the end game variant of the gloves? I assume you start with an ES based glove

I've never heard anyone say it doesn't work, and my assumption is that it does. I wouldn't bet my life on it though.

To craft the gloves, you have to start with an i80 Elder base, since only they can roll "non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier". Fingerless Silk glove would be the optimum choice with the spell damage implicit, but any int or int/dex hybrid will work nicely for chromatic costs. Then just alt spam until you get the non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier mod, regal, annul, multimod whatever else you need onto them.

"
markuskanada wrote:

New question, because you guys are great at replying:

Does anyone do magic find with ED?
I plan on running even more white maps, but maybe not just monolith rushing, rather the entire map with sextants and some MF.
I am close to 7000 EHP and pretty overcapped on resistances.
I think I get 2x Pariah and just keep using my Bisco (or shaper amu with quant). And then I just keep running white maps.

Does anyone else do MF with ED?

Greetings, have a good day

I actually am running some IIQ with dual ventor's and goldwyrm on my ED character. Well-rolled ventor's can still have some life and resists, so they're not a huge hindrance. Only having 10% movespeed on the boots is lame, but quicksilver, onslaught, phase run feels OK enough for me still.

I agree largely with your other analysis about wand/shield vs. bow. Shield charge is super convenient and more defensive since you'll also get fortify with the new update. So long as one ED can kill everything, you might as well keep it. I was finding in high red maps that one ED cast stopped being able to kill all the chests/bosses on the edges of the monolith with my wand. If you eventually want to farm juiced up t16's or other end-game bosses, the lack of DPS without the bow will block you from doing so.

"
qaizr wrote:
another option for the bow craft that i haven't seen mentioned is imprinting in the menagerie. some red beasts give you the option to imprint a magic item which can be useful for crafting. when you imprint the magic bow base you can restore it to that state if you're crafting doesn't work out.

so once you get the bow with only the +1 gems mod you imprint it. then if you're unlucky with the annulment you don't have alt spam to get the magic base again.

i think you can buy the beast orb in trade but i'm not sure how to search for them and they might be really expensive.

The beast you need is the "Craicic Chimeral" and typing that into any of the trade sites will let you search for it to buy. I say that only for information purposes. Do NOT use imprints to craft this bow if you are cost-conscious. The beasts are going for ~90c each. The +1 mod is not that rare, and you will almost certainly spend less than 90c worth of alterations trying to find it again. Imprint beasts should generally be saved for items with two hard-to-find rare t1 affixes on expensive bases.

"
qaizr wrote:
"
AIXtreme2 wrote:

Multimod 2 EX
Chaos Damage 4C?
Cast Speed 4C?
+2 support Gems 2 EX

Yes, it went up. The wiki was only very recently updated, and previously displayed it as a 1 ex cost. The +2 support gems costs 2 ex now.

"
SuperBurgers wrote:
Speaking of Allelopathy...

1. Does Vaal Blight work with Spreading Rot, or is it just the regular Blight?
2. Regardless, is the increased Chaos taken plus Wither from Spreading Rot better against a boss than just the boosted Allelopathy Blight?

I suppose #2 depends a lot on how long the fight takes since Vaal Blight runs out. Just wondering since a lot of people opt for the gloves and drop Vaal Blight but I find it very useful.

1) Vaal Blight will apply the Withered debuff the same as Blight if you use Spreading Rot jewel. There is no difference here.
2) The main reason people use Allelopathy is for the efficiency. The gloves have increased damage, increased AoE, and a level 22 Blight that can be made into a psuedo 5-link with only 4 sockets. For a build that's socket starved, this is very convenient. Vaal Blight used somewhere else on the build will also work and apply the Withered debuff, but you need more support gems in order to match the DPS, and you need to use 2 slots on your skill bar for both regular blight and Vaal Blight. If you only use Vaal Blight on your skill bar, you won't have the Withered debuff up most of the time on bosses since it runs out.

"
jbabel1012 wrote:
With a solstice vigil are you able to run despair and temp chains together? or do you need to spec into whispers of doom to run both (or have another +1 curse ability).

You need some source of +1 to number of maximum curses. Solstice Vigil alone would not be enough. As you mention, Whispers of Doom is one way. Gear corruptions is another nice one.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Jun 20, 2019, 1:50:51 PM
"
rlauren2 wrote:

"
qaizr wrote:
Spoiler
another option for the bow craft that i haven't seen mentioned is imprinting in the menagerie. some red beasts give you the option to imprint a magic item which can be useful for crafting. when you imprint the magic bow base you can restore it to that state if you're crafting doesn't work out.

so once you get the bow with only the +1 gems mod you imprint it. then if you're unlucky with the annulment you don't have alt spam to get the magic base again.

i think you can buy the beast orb in trade but i'm not sure how to search for them and they might be really expensive.

The beast you need is the "Craicic Chimeral" and typing that into any of the trade sites will let you search for it to buy. I say that only for information purposes. Do NOT use imprints to craft this bow if you are cost-conscious. The beasts are going for ~90c each. The +1 mod is not that rare, and you will almost certainly spend less than 90c worth of alterations trying to find it again. Imprint beasts should generally be saved for items with two hard-to-find rare t1 affixes on expensive bases.

fair enough. i noticed the imprint in my menagerie and was thinking about using it for the bow. but i agree - it's better to save it for another craft.

btw, what minimum evasion rating do you recommend for qotf? my rating with flasks up and qotf would be 37k which would give me 111% ms. no room for adrenaline on my quick silver atm.
Last edited by qaizr on Jun 20, 2019, 3:04:45 PM
After what feels like 30 tries I land this. After rolling over a better try im sticking to it for now..

Last edited by ozten on Jun 20, 2019, 5:28:23 PM
I am really worried about dropping shield charge/fortify for flamedash/phase run?

does it hold a torch to shield charge spam?

phaserun being linked with anything? (never used this skill before)
"
bluesylph wrote:
I'm also wondering about allelopathy. Since I have plenty of currency too go around I'm wondering if I shouldn't just 5L perfect form and slot my gems there and grab general resist/etc gloves instead.

I'm still dubbing about dropping acrobatics or not as well.

Another thing I'm wondering about is which gems at 20%/higher than level 20 would provide the most dps. Other than empower lvl 4 obviously.

I love the build otherwise, it's a lot of fun in this league. Only thing I'm not sure about is single Target dps.

If you have plenty of currency, I would suggest dropping alleopathy and getting ilvl 80+ elder gloves and put nacdot then multimod it. By far the best for it. Put your auras in there.

Then put blight in your 5/6L. Remember 5L blight already beats alleopathy. 6L blight is even better.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
bluesylph wrote:
I'm also wondering about allelopathy. Since I have plenty of currency too go around I'm wondering if I shouldn't just 5L perfect form and slot my gems there and grab general resist/etc gloves instead.

I'm still dubbing about dropping acrobatics or not as well.

Another thing I'm wondering about is which gems at 20%/higher than level 20 would provide the most dps. Other than empower lvl 4 obviously.

I love the build otherwise, it's a lot of fun in this league. Only thing I'm not sure about is single Target dps.

If you have plenty of currency, I would suggest dropping alleopathy and getting ilvl 80+ elder gloves and put nacdot then multimod it. By far the best for it. Put your auras in there.

Then put blight in your 5/6L. Remember 5L blight already beats alleopathy. 6L blight is even better.

I'll mess around a little with PoB to find a nicer setup.

I haven't progressed that far in the game yet but mostly just playing to get the most out of this league and having fun with it so far.

I recently acquired a spreading rot Jewel that has, can't have corrupted blood, corrupt on it. Probably some of the best currency I spend. I've been dying a few times to killing off screen packs and zooming through the map with 20 stacks of corrupted blood and dropping dead halfa second afterwards because I noticed too late.

I'll take another look at the gloves later, thanks for the suggestion.
Last edited by bluesylph on Jun 20, 2019, 10:24:12 PM
"
bluesylph wrote:

I'll take another look at the gloves later, thanks for the suggestion.

Be prepared to burn some alts - if it's the same as the Cold ones I made last league I think the expected spend for a T1 DOT mod is measured in the thousands of alteration orbs (not even considering getting a 2nd junk stat and having your annnul whiff).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info