Close Combat Support

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Sep 28, 2020, 1:23:46 AM
Why does this gem not work with daggers and claws?!?!?! They are the closest combat you can do right?

Huge disappointment.
The description says it can increase my damage based on how close the enemy is, but I don't see any damage increase in the DPS tooltip, so am I right to assume that the damage increase is there, but isn't being shown to the player?
Two-handed, huge Atziri's Disfavour Axe is supported by the gem, but Daggers and Claws are not. Don't U think it is a JOKE;-DDD

A dagger is the VERY definition of close combat so make it right God damn it!

And please do it fast GGG!!!
Claws and Daggers!!!

Make it right!!!
I second what the others already said: PLEASE make it work for daggers & claws too!

Also how close do we need to be exactly?
A bit more info would be nice imo!

Cheers! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
The "up to x% more damge" stat on Close Combat support (and the matching stat on the Slayer's Impact notable) apply the full damage bonus to targets up to a distance of 15 units from you, then linearly scales down the bonus to 0 at a distance of 40 units.

[*]

I see no reason to limit this support to any specific weapon type. It's a generic 'combat' thing.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jun 12, 2019, 11:52:50 PM
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
The "up to x% more damge" stat on Close Combat support (and the matching stat on the Slayer's Impact notable) apply the full damage bonus to targets up to a distance of 15 units from you, then linearly scales down the bonus to 0 at a distance of 40 units.

[*]

I see no reason to limit this support to any specific weapon type. It's a generic 'combat' thing.

Yes, I agree, but if for example specific melee combat skill such as Double Strike can't be used with Wands, then Close Combat Support should not support Wand in that case either.

But if specific melee combat skill such as Double Strike works with Claws and Daggers, then that skill in these weapons should be supported by Close Combat Support accordingly. I hope that way of doing it makes sense; to GGG specially!

The way it is now is totally unfair to the "closest combatants" (dagger weapon range of 10, claw weapon range of 11) "Closest combatants" should get the biggest benefit of that gem since they look the death in the eyes in almost full contact close combat. Instead of that, they are excluded. NOT that way of melee improvements I expected; only glorify Swords and Axes and exclude the rest.

Cleave ONLY for Swords and Axes; totally understandable! BUT NOT Close Combat Support gem;-D

Regards!
Last edited by Sedes_Cruentes on Jun 13, 2019, 4:58:33 AM
It says at the bottom, "Can only be used with axes and swords." I have two questions:

1. Shouldn't it say "requires an axe or sword" at the top in the skill description like all of the other skills that require a specific weapon do?

2. If it's close combat, why no daggers or claws? They're about as close as you can possibly get, other than tying a monster up in your chest hair and waiting for cold enough a day to stab them to death with your nipples.
Doesn't seem to affect tooltip dps (and PoB doesn't support it either), so it's hard to know if it's actually working at all.

I'm using it with Wild Strike, just because. Is it working? I dunno. It seems to, but how can I be sure? Does it affect the secondary damage (fire blast aoe, frost proctiles, chaining lightning strikes) at all? Probably not, but how can I be sure?

Edit: Since ruthless doesn't work with the secondary damage, I believe neither does close combat. It seems you can do very little to actually scale the secondary damage, and I guess that's OK since the skill lets you avoid physical reflect.
Last edited by Daemonjax on Jul 18, 2019, 11:14:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info