Bladestorm

in 3.7 this skill had no place - Cyclone was like 3 times better

with 3.8 Cyclone 'adjustment' the gap is smaller. it still exists and for a performance-minded player Bladestorm is a no-go because Cyclone does everything better

but..

1) the skill is nice IN THEORY. in practice two modes do not really differ enough to warrant frequent changes. sure, Flesh&Stone and Blood&Sand do their job and Bladestorm is supposed to go along with these two. still.. the differences are miniscule and in typical gameplay (up to t16+) it doesnt really matter (without enchants that is)

2) visuals are.. bad? sorry but 'sand' effect is very low quality and there are tilesets where it is hardly visible. for a skill that rewards positioning (and it does reward it) you cannot f.. see what is going on. 2/10

3) enchants. Bladestorm is yet another skill on the growing list of 'get an enchant or play something else' skills. This time there are actually TWO good enchants. +1 Storm one is a direct MORE damage multiplier (100 + 3*50 vs 100 + 4*50). bland, boring. second one - storm movement speed is actually pretty nuts for clear and this one actually makes difference between Sand and Blood mode much more important

sadly, both enchants are rare, people roll over them (melee, pff..) and getting mine took me a while:

4) sad to see it work with swords. any skill that works with swords promotes degenerative behaviour: Jewelled foils only. there are so many bases that hardly ever see any use and this is yet another skill where there is only one correct option. fix the idiotic foil situation already, it is no longer funny

5) sound.. annoying after some time. 3/10

6) interaction with Impale and Bleed and duration and aoe is top notch. it reminds me of old Ball Lightning or Storm Burst when simply stacking more damage multipliers was the dumb way and the real damage was in knockback, duration, aoe etc.

with a 300pdps sword/shield setup my tooltip is 'below zero' (35k? or something) while guardians die pretty quickly. this skill has VERY misleading tooltip and even more misleading POB tooltip

final verdict: give it a try but dont expect to beat cyclone. skill better suited for tanky/slower characters (delves are a breeze) rather than <1min map clears. sadly melee time is over with 3.7 being Cyclone league, not many gave it a shot
Just came back to game after several months of break and find this skill. I love it! Now im playing with it but next league i will make something with Onii-Goroshi and this skill.
Haven't played poe in a while, but came back to try new gems.

I really like this skill gem. I like how it creates a persistent effect that can trigger melee support like Fortify.

Right now I use it to keep fortify up while I use another melee attack to damage.
I cannot cancel Bladestorm with Leap Slam during Multistrike, but I can walk cancel it. Is this how its suposed to work or a bug?
"
Faustdath wrote:
I cannot cancel Bladestorm with Leap Slam during Multistrike, but I can walk cancel it. Is this how its suposed to work or a bug?

Its not a bug. Leap Slam is a SKILL movement is not. So cancel skill with move and then leap.
Hi, I wish to have a cosmetic for Bladestorm, a much better effect, for example Lacerate's cosmatic, it looks way better than the default one.
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
Bladestorm's blood stance attack speed effect is only applying to Bladestorm itself and not other attack skills (e.g. Perforate). Is this intended? I can't find anything in the patchnotes about this.
Bladestorm needs physical TAG_ and the war banner has too many tags benefits from skill gem.

I am posting this with a request that it doesn't get nerfed. Bladestorm has been significantly buffed by Momentum. Because Bladestorm hits repeatedly over 3 to 4 seconds, the speed buff from a Momentum stack continues for all the hits in the storm during the Momentum stack while not cycling to the next stack. The storms on the 4th stack are doing a significant amount of damage because of the speed increase.

Every time I have found a mechanic that makes my close range melee build work well, it has gotten nerfed. This is a great mechanic, but not so great that it needs to be nerfed.

Please allow my short range melee to keep at least this one nice thing.
I would love to have a trans Bladestorm gem add a movement component to the skill. Moving slightly forward during the attack (at least in sand stance maybe ?) would feel amazing. Something similar to what has been shown of the Monk's attacks (iirc) for PoE2 or to Dancing Strikes in Last Epoch.

It's by far my favourite skill in the game, especially for the dynamic feeling it gives, which is quite rare for melee skills. Creating moving sand bladestorms always felt good, I'd just love to be able to move with them. And moving with bleed bladestorms would be wonderful too for bossing, that'd be a very fun melee bossing experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info