Bladestorm

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Feb 9, 2024, 8:32:23 AM
Fun skill, but there are a couple minor issues in my mind:

1. The benefit for quality (increased skill effect duration) has very limited value. In sand mode (clearing), you will generally take another swing if something is still standing - an extra 0.6s of sandstorms only benefits the run speed very very slightly. Similar with blood, against bossed there are very few times you will go 3.6 seconds without doing another attack (and replacing the blood storms).

Edit: There is literally no reason to do Quality on this gem - I will just level them to 20 and then vaal. Feelsbadman.

My recommendation would be 0.5% area per quality would be ideal, or physical damage, or even worst case 1% bleed chance per point would be more useful than skill duration.

2. Sand damage seems good, but blood is a little weak for boss killing, compared to other skills.

3. Wish this had more benefit to added levels, like spell gems or the new skills with added physical damage. Skills feel bad when you don't "feel" a power boost when a gem levels up, plus it means there is literally never any benefit or consideration of using +gem level items or Empower as a support, which is too bad.
Last edited by citizenX on Jun 10, 2019, 10:15:09 PM
I dunno, feels good with rage/impale champion on bosses. Poison and bleed builds are a bit underwhelming. Inc crit strike/multi/power charge on crit is fun with 6l. Crit essence a 6l 2h axe with 7.5 crit base and profit. Ill actually need good gear once i hit 85+ tho. Thinking kingmaker.

Duration only seems to be useful to hit bosses more as i run like a coward once my MS runs out.
Last edited by GhettoJesus on Jun 11, 2019, 2:29:38 PM
I haz uncovered Bladestorm true power level.

X

Yes. Weapon swap. Can't dual wield 2h but you can still bladestorm stun setup + quality + all on weapon. Swap and do real dmg with the added bladestorm on bosses.

I can only presume GGG knows hence teh quality bonus.

Also doesn't trigger punishment on hit eventho it will applies punishment curse on hit and benefit from other on hit curses like life on hit poachers mark and the buff provided by punishment.
The awful old sweep sound effect ruins the feel of this skill.
"
citizenX wrote:
blood is a little weak for boss killing

Have you tried again since after they "Fixed a bug where Bladestorm's initial hit did not actually hit."? That extra +120% weapon damage added a pretty nice bump to my boss-killing speeds.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
with blood stance, blood bladestorm seems to kill ennemis despite the use of southbound (your hits can only kill frozen ennemis)
it's not the case in sandstorm
"
citizenX wrote:
Fun skill, but there are a couple minor issues in my mind:

1. The benefit for quality (increased skill effect duration) has very limited value. In sand mode (clearing), you will generally take another swing if something is still standing - an extra 0.6s of sandstorms only benefits the run speed very very slightly. Similar with blood, against bossed there are very few times you will go 3.6 seconds without doing another attack (and replacing the blood storms).

Edit: There is literally no reason to do Quality on this gem - I will just level them to 20 and then vaal. Feelsbadman.

My recommendation would be 0.5% area per quality would be ideal, or physical damage, or even worst case 1% bleed chance per point would be more useful than skill duration.

2. Sand damage seems good, but blood is a little weak for boss killing, compared to other skills.

3. Wish this had more benefit to added levels, like spell gems or the new skills with added physical damage. Skills feel bad when you don't "feel" a power boost when a gem levels up, plus it means there is literally never any benefit or consideration of using +gem level items or Empower as a support, which is too bad.

you should think again about what to do with a duration based damage skill, the duration quality is total nuts.
Question... i can't find anything about how this skill works while dual wielding. Does it hit by alternating weapons per attack or does it hit with both weapons each attack?
Hello, can Bladestorm get a flat added physical damage bonus?
and in sandstance the bladestorm slowly follows the enemies a little like arctic breath?
maby also radius gained based on weapontype?
base radius 30
and adds +1 to radius by melee attack range?
Thank you very much.

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info