[3.7] Cyclone Vaal Pact Slayer - Oni-Goroshi - The Snarky Goddess

"
bubu240493 wrote:
thank for the build, im following and it is pretty good, but i still cant find out how to trigger her embrace, did i miss something ?

You need to cause an ignite, either through Herald of Ash which burns enemies nearby a killed enemy due to overkill damage. Or some form of fire damage onto attacks when crit causing an ignite/burn (as stated by the Op). Just be wary about the big health Degen that comes with it. Get a flask to remove burning until you get Brutal Fervor ascendancy for your Slayer (avoid getting Vaal Pact until you finish Uber Lab to save yourself some headache).

As for the belt you suggested. That is a nice idea/suggestion. Free onslaught when Fortify is up is pretty good.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
bubu240493 wrote:
thank for the build, im following and it is pretty good, but i still cant find out how to trigger her embrace, did i miss something ?

You need to cause an ignite, either through Herald of Ash which burns enemies nearby a killed enemy due to overkill damage. Or some form of fire damage onto attacks when crit causing an ignite/burn (as stated by the Op). Just be wary about the big health Degen that comes with it. Get a flask to remove burning until you get Brutal Fervor ascendancy for your Slayer (avoid getting Vaal Pact until you finish Uber Lab to save yourself some headache).

As for the belt you suggested. That is a nice idea/suggestion. Free onslaught when Fortify is up is pretty good.

tyvm, and i just have another idea, since we will not likely to have her embrace all time, im thinking about changing onslaught support for combustion with up to 49% chance to ignite to have the fully potential of this sword, ofcourse after brutal fervor
"
bubu240493 wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
bubu240493 wrote:

tyvm, and i just have another idea, since we will not likely to have her embrace all time, im thinking about changing onslaught support for combustion with up to 49% chance to ignite to have the fully potential of this sword, ofcourse after brutal fervor

Not sure which maths out to better DPS. A skill gem increasing the base physical damage or Combustion which works only after you get Her Embrace up. Personally I'm siding with a phys related gem or something more agnostic like Close Combat, though I hear Close Combat has a really small radius for a person to make the most out of it's maximum available damage. But really, go with what works best for you. Combustion is a good choice though since it does give as already mentioned good chance to burn, fire pen, and decent more fire damage multiplier.
So nobody has anything relevant to add or their status with this build as they pushed higher into maps? I haven't been able to play in past couple days so my progression was stopped.
"
reciprocate wrote:
So nobody has anything relevant to add or their status with this build as they pushed higher into maps? I haven't been able to play in past couple days so my progression was stopped.

Still grinding for Oni :/
Well, got this started on mapping now. Only got about 3.1k HP, but hope to eventually get enough to buy a Kaom's Heart in the future and get those health passives by Scion over time. I think currently the thing I dislike the most is my low health and the degen of HP of Her Embrace. But I still have a lot to do (get more leech, and Vaal Pact, fire res too as I'm not capped).

DPS at low tier maps seem fairly good so far. But I am a bit afraid getting this to really push at red tier maps or guardians may not work unless someone has some really insane gear on them.

I am also trying out impale, but PoB doesn't calculate it whatsoever. This weapon may not be the best choice for it, but I am curious if Her Embrace does buff Impale damage at all since it's a Gain #% of sword physical damage as additional fire damage effect.
Last edited by reciprocate on Jun 20, 2019, 10:58:46 PM
Didn't see this covered, or I'm just blind, but how do we combat with mana usage? Lemmie know if I just missed something or it comes online later on. Build feels great so far!
"
TheBrotaku wrote:
Didn't see this covered, or I'm just blind, but how do we combat with mana usage? Lemmie know if I just missed something or it comes online later on. Build feels great so far!

Get jewelry with -total mana cost to skills on it, one item is usually enough (-6 better) or even an elder chestpiece with the same affix.

On a side note, I think Impale is really not worth it for this build. That is far more suited for a pure phys with 2H style build due to the bigger hits and impale can stack up to. Still got more crap to optimize.
Last edited by reciprocate on Jun 23, 2019, 8:34:27 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:

I've made quite a few changes to this idea, not the least of which is starting with Scion instead of Duelist. Said changes are probably much to the overall detriment of the build but I'm having fun anyway.

That said, I was literally breezing through maps up through level 10. Haven't done many 8-10 maps due to being SSF and having trouble finding them, but I did get one lvl 11 map. Decided to try Vaaling it and give it a shot. As fate would have it, it corrupted into a lvl 12 Vaal Pyramid map. It was definitely the biggest challenge my character has faced, but I managed to get through the entire thing. UNTIL I GOT TO THE BOSS. Only my 2nd league and I've never done that map before so had no idea what to expect. Not even sure how I died, but I died so fast my head is still spinning. Used up all my portals and only managed to kill 1 of the 3 monsters in the Arena.

Given I'm lvl 88, I'm probably in some serious need of optimizing either my passive tree or gear, most likely both but I can't just go out and Trade for all kinds of cool stuff.

Still, for my 2nd league, I'm pretty happy with how things have gone, but I might have hit my limit with this character for a while anyway.
lvl92, 6.7kHP, just killed the Shaper with this build for the first time. Was a lot of fun. Thanks for the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info