[3.7] Cowwz's Double Strike Slayer - All Content / League Viable - 8m+ Shaper DPS

Cowwz here with another build guide. This time for my Vaal Double Strike Slayer. I wanted to see what an end game melee build played like so that I didn't go into Legion blind. So, I reworked my Standard Double Strike Champion into the build you see here. Long story short the damage is INSANE, the clear speed is INSANE, and its probably the best bosser I've ever played because you don't have to dodge any mechanics since they all die instantly (minus uber elder).
**6/21/19 Character Update Video**: https://youtu.be/lfwUv_nw9qM

Changelog:

Spoiler

7/6/19 Update: Added deathless Uber Elder video.
6/11/19 Changes:
Spoiler
I've opted to drop the curse on hit vulnerability set up that I'd linked to leap slam in favor of Leap Slam + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Faster Attacks + Maim Support. This lets us generate endurance charges which is a big survivability boost since we use Abyssus which makes us take more physical damage (each endurance charge gives use 4% phys mitigation). Additionally, since we now have maim in this set up, we can swap out of Flesh & Stone's Blood stance into Sand stance which will give us blind on nearby enemies (huge quality of life) and 14% less damage taken from enemies that are not nearby. If you want, you can stay in blood stance and get the additional damage (the effects stack according to the wiki), but I'm always a fan of taking convenient defensive options. Since I dropped the curse set up I opted to pick up assassin's mark in the ring slot.
A steel ring is the best option, but can be expensive. Any relevant base like coral, two-stone, ruby/topaz/sapphire, and diamond will suffice. Just make sure if you go this route that you get an ilvl80+ shaped ring so you can roll the Level 12 assassin's mark affix. I've updated the gear section and POB with the current build set up. I've also taken the advice in the comments and updated the POB to be more realistic (unchecked a few things that are only up on bosses).

Video Guide: https://youtu.be/0zHiS5uKz-Y

Other Videos:
Spoiler

Full Shaper Run:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVajeg3qHw
Depth 283 Kurgal: https://youtu.be/TuBeCxp5X7k
Deathless Uber Elder: https://youtu.be/6F5_tp4UojE

Gear (Standard):
Spoiler

Gear Changes For League:
Spoiler
Swap Bottled Faith for Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask or run a curse immune flask of your base type choice. Additionally, use spiked gloves with any combination of res/life/dex/strength/phys to attacks or tombfists with solid abyss jewels.

Gem Links:
Spoiler
6L Vaal Double Strike Set Up:

Swap Melee Physical Damage Support for
when mapping.
4L CWDT Setup (levels should correspond to 1/3 your hp:

3x1L Weapon 1 (Gems do not need to be linked):

2L + 1L Weapon 2 (Enlighten linked to HoAsh):

4L Leap Slam Set Up:

4L Aura Set Up:

Path of Building Paste Bin:
Spoiler

Realistic Double Strike DPS While Mapping: https://pastebin.com/8s1p8iSP (No Impale, Just Flaks/Auras/Curses, No Vaal Double Strike).
Realistic Double Strike DPS While Bossing: https://pastebin.com/kGBcmCHj (5 Stacks Impale)
I didn't include Vaal DS in the calculations because I think showing the minimal DPS is more impressive than just saying "you will delete stuff when you press Vaal DS."

Note that Impale is not calculated in POB so I've done the calculations on my end by adding in a mana flask with mods that would realistically simulate the %more damage that 5 stacks of impale + 89% Impale Effect would apply.

The Impale Math:
Spoiler
(Total % Increased Impale Effect * 50% More Damage (At 5 Impale Stacks)) + 50% More Damage (At 5 Impale Stacks) + 15% More damage (From LV20/Q20 Impale Gem) = Total %More Damage. ((30%IIF + 59%IIF) * 50%) + 50% + 15% = 109.5 % More Damage at 5 impale stacks.

Passive Tree:

Tool Tip: (Note this is not with the complete passive tree)
Spoiler

Pantheon:
Spoiler
Soul of The Brine King & Soul of Shakari

Bandit:
Spoiler
One could take Oak, Alira, or Kill all. I usually opt to kill all.

My Other Build Guides:
Spoiler

Last edited by MFarkouh14 on Jul 6, 2019, 9:51:30 PM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2019, 12:39:07 PM
there seems to be a lot of strange stuff ticked off.. like why do you have adrenaline? Is the impale calc mod actually accurate?

never mind basing it off 600+ dps foils.

it is still very good and will perform what you say, just stretching a lot of numbers from what I could see.

Just curious if there are a few oversights.
Build looks promising.

Started league with reave, felt pretty weak. Hoping u can save my Legion experience.
Wolf: "It thinks it can beat us!"

Lamb: "This is called... denial."
I can't find life leech in your build....neither in flask
"
microtia01 wrote:

only leech i can see based on gears is the 1 ring thats about it
"
tanzer16 wrote:
there seems to be a lot of strange stuff ticked off.. like why do you have adrenaline? Is the impale calc mod actually accurate?

never mind basing it off 600+ dps foils.

it is still very good and will perform what you say, just stretching a lot of numbers from what I could see.

Just curious if there are a few oversights.

I had adrenaline ticked because of war banner, but you are right its not a realistic measure of the dps since its only active when you pop it on bosses.

As for the impale calc the math is 50% increased damage from 5 stacks of impales * 89% Impale Effect (30 on tree + 59 from 20/20 impale support) + 15% More damage from the gem itself = 109.5% More damage at 5 impale stacks. You aren't always going to have 5 though so the max damage from this set up is really only relevant on bosses.

As for damage, dual weild ichimonji, paradoxica, and anhs might should get you there if you don't have high pdps foils.

I'll clarify all of this in the original post.
"
microtia01 wrote:

I have life leech on my gear and I take one mana leach node towards the bottom right of the tree. If you need to spec into some life leech on the tree the "One Handed Melee Damage & Life Leech" node is on the path to the marauder life wheel.
Added a video of a full shaper run.
Why change to spiked gloves this league? I ended up buying Atziri's acuity before reading the note, are they not good anymore? don't you need the int?
Last edited by Lykozz on Jun 11, 2019, 10:13:23 PM
"
Why change to spiked gloves this league? I ended up buying Atziri's acuity before reading the note, are they not good anymore? don't you need the int?

You can use atziri's acuity. It makes it easy to cap the required intelligence and gives you Vaal Pact which is also nice since you don't have to path to it. The legacy version of Atziri's Acuity on Standard gives you "Instant Leech on Critical Strikes" which is why it is the optimal choice on standard. In league one could also opt for Spiked Gloves because one could just path to Vaal Pact if they wanted or simply use the slot to cap their res/get some life.
Last edited by MFarkouh14 on Jun 11, 2019, 10:24:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info