[3.7] Gladiator Max Block Herald of Agony starter to end game SSF HC viable

Is it better to not use offensive auras like hatred and instead use another defensive layer beside block?.

I was thinking defensive auras like "flesh and stone" or some blasphemy-curse if you want to be unkillable + block
Last edited by yissus on Jun 13, 2019, 11:04:30 PM
sorry for the delay on replies, work and a family issue got in way a bit.

https://youtu.be/97imsRRdwxA

https://pastebin.com/pGV5cgZh

video covering a few updates.

I'll also try responding here on a few things.

For using other defensive options instead of block - you can but we have to push damage back, up after the nerf. I tried flesh and stone and a few other aura's but really the damage slow down just meant being hit more often.

The empower is the key to the super damage, also make sure you are ticking chilled and minions use frenzy charges in your POB. Otherwise the hypothermia doesn't show up.

If you are looking at the POB make sure you look at the difference between the corrupted skin and the non-corrupted. I put both in as a way to see difference it's almost a 1 million dps difference having a +1 corruption on your skin. Even with the non-corruption though you are looking around 1.6 mil dps.

another thing i'm looking at right now is the +44 life on hit from a claw versus running the scourge terror claw. So far my surviability doesn't feel hit much at all. But the minion damage boost and more importantly minion attack speed is a huge help with clear. the wolves are well pointless.

In the updated video I cover why frost blink isn't on the build, the 2600ish molten shell protection, with a tabula or the 4kish with skin and the fact i'm not running empower just yet.

I'm still thinking I want a trigger on skill claw though, but will have to see how scourge plays out. Also looking for helm enchant, and since cyclone is zero mana cost if you use a -7 mana craft or find it on a ring, you can skip the devouring diadem. If scourge works out I'll just have to manually cast projectile weakness which isn't too bad, just less lazyness.

"
keeperofstars wrote:
I'm still thinking I want a trigger on skill claw though, but will have to see how scourge plays out.

If Scourge, maybe better to put the Tempest Shield link on it, since the wolf are affected by the socketed support gems, they should curse.
for some reason when I check enemies are chilled in PoB there is no change to my dps?
"
keeperofstars wrote:


For using other defensive options instead of block - you can but we have to push damage back, up after the nerf. I tried flesh and stone and a few other aura's but really the damage slow down just meant being hit more often.




But I think that if you put more defense layers in the build doesnt matter if the crawler dont do more damage and kill in seconds. If we dont die i dont care wait 3 more seconds.

Im thinking some options:

-CWDT-molten shell
-CWDT-steelskin.
-tempest shield-curse on hit-enfeeble
-CWDT-vortex.
-a raise spectre in a 4l raising some defensive sprectres.

My goal is to make the build really unkillable if we can.
Last edited by yissus on Jun 14, 2019, 8:29:25 PM
"
yissus wrote:
"
keeperofstars wrote:


For using other defensive options instead of block - you can but we have to push damage back, up after the nerf. I tried flesh and stone and a few other aura's but really the damage slow down just meant being hit more often.




But I think that if you put more defense layers in the build doesnt matter if the crawler dont do more damage and kill in seconds. If we dont die i dont care wait 3 more seconds.

Im thinking some options:

-CWDT-molten shell
-CWDT-steelskin.
-tempest shield-curse on hit-enfeeble
-CWDT-vortex.
-a raise spectre in a 4l raising some defensive sprectres.

My goal is to make the build really unkillable if we can.


you don't want CWDT setups for molten shell, really, as it will be down when you need it most. I tried using it and found it was really creating problems. I prefered having it manual as it could control when i needed the life boosting. Such as crap i'm out of position and here comes the hit. Have to remember CWDT triggers after damage, we really want to use molten shell before damage.

Steelskin is good early on but it's got a really short "up time" I found myself missing the timeing. If you are going evasion gear, you can do a CWDT steelskin to make it pretty nice.

You are correct scourge and tempest curse on hit would let the wolves curse, as well. Good improvement.

the vortex could work as we have a slot to possibly work with. in a setup, but our gem slots are really tight.

The raise spectre could be ok, but they are going to die often, we don't take any minion defense / life, so they won't live long.
I'll ponder on that though.

"
latterus14 wrote:
for some reason when I check enemies are chilled in PoB there is no change to my dps?


have hypothermia in link setup?
"
keeperofstars wrote:
"
latterus14 wrote:
for some reason when I check enemies are chilled in PoB there is no change to my dps?


have hypothermia in link setup?


hmm for some very strange reason my pob is still loading a different version of my chest that had maim instead of hypothermia but i havent worn that chest in like 4-5 days. wonder why its not updating when i re import my character


Edit: figured it out, got it all rolling now. says my dps is around 1.4m at this point non shaper. https://pastebin.com/yF16i3DX

I need to find a way to get the 2B-2G on my windscream in order to fit that desecrate cwdt spirit offering into my setup. having to self cast it without desecrate feels bad atm. I also need to lower my cwdt gems bc i almost never take enough dmg to proc a level 11 cwdt. Love the build so far though
Last edited by latterus14 on Jun 15, 2019, 11:21:54 AM
"
latterus14 wrote:
I need to find a way to get the 2B-2G on my windscream in order to fit that desecrate cwdt spirit offering into my setup. having to self cast it without desecrate feels bad atm.


Use the tool with "at least one green and one blue" and color the 2 last with the jeweler methode.

"
latterus14 wrote:
I also need to lower my cwdt gems bc i almost never take enough dmg to proc a level 11 cwdt. Love the build so far though


CWDT must be lvl 1 or 2, you want to proc it very often.
Last edited by Diryam on Jun 16, 2019, 7:14:57 AM
.
Last edited by Diryam on Jun 16, 2019, 7:14:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info