Cyclone

"
kodr wrote:
that's because damage effectiveness is now applied to LoH. Cyclone has 40% damage effectiveness (that's per hit).

*Sigh* So theyve practically made the skill almost pointless...
The Life Gain on Hit change was introduced in the same patch as Cyclone, fyi.
"
kodr wrote:
well... I just discovered one thing, use your "Attack in place" key when you use Cyclone, you won't stop spinning even if you target an enemy :)
it makes the whole thing a lot better ^^

Tested out "Attack in place", it worked on continous spins but also greatly de-syncs your position too.

Worked on most mobs, but doesn't work on Kukudu, haven't tested on normal totems yet.
Last edited by virkful on Mar 20, 2013, 9:47:13 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Life Gain on Hit change was introduced in the same patch as Cyclone, fyi.

mmmm, must have been teh longer duration of the spell that was doing most of the work then as I didnt notice the change until now :P. Need to L2 read properly ^^.
This skill feels just too random now.
Randomly stops attacking.
Distance traveled seems random sometimes.
And somehow, this skill doesn't consume any mana at all from time to time. Though, I don't know on what conditions this happens.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
yeah... I kinda miss the old behaviour to be honest.
I wonder if people who complained about the skill use it now.
I was planning to use this skill for the 1 week race, but I'm not sure anymore.

The mana cost is still high, not really good with small movements.
And you have to click all over the screen if you want to make big movements (before, you just have to click next to your character since there was a min distance).
And the fact Cyclone stops when you click on an enemy and reach it quickly make it dangerous now in a pack of mobs, it's better to just hold the button and spin in the pack.
It works, but it's expensive.

What I liked in the old behaviour was
- the fact you could keep your cursor close to your character to change direction
- you knew you had some time to plan your next direction

Now, you can't really plan anything, unless you move quickly your cursor across the screen it's just easier to hold the button (but that's what people asked)

Hopefully GGG will have some good stats about who use the skill.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
It's definetly more powerfull now, however still somewhat tricky to use. I usually just want to click right behind a mob, most of the time this results in me clicking on the mob, which then reduces how effective I spin and is the (in my experience) biggest source of desync with Cyclone.
Anyways, I made my way to Act 3 today, still an awesome skill. My advice: Try it with physical damage and some life leech on gear.
I like the change, now i can control it much better causing me to do much more hits. Now i can spin round in a pack. Still not as effective as LA for example but it works and is fun to use.
The mana cost definitely feels too high, mine is only 4-linked and it costs 71 mana. Doing short spins drains my mana so quickly. It's almost like you are required to go bm or use bm gem.
I'm level 65, I killed Piety earlier today.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info